[Silver Spring, MD] November 19, 2011 - The Novem-Brrr Brawl

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hi everyone! We didn't quite make it to an indoor venue for this month's tournament, which is why I decided it should be called . . . The Novem-Brrr Brawl

Date: Saturday, November 19, 2011
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1098+Jacks...urce=embed
Location: The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)
Start time: 12:30-ish
Format: TBD based on size
Surface: Grass! (on blankets)
Fees: Standard WBO fees: $5 entry fee or $10 for a Blader Passport that gives you free tournaments for a year
Prizes: BB-96 Super Deck Set, BB-113 Scythe Kronos, BB-116 Random Booster 8. 1st place picks first prize from the pool, etc. etc.

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. XBlader0
  4. HKerbecs76
  5. ajthecyborg
  6. Ryugablader
  7. Breaker
  8. Bigbang4ever
  9. Ndog888
  10. hellkerbex900
  11. nerfblader721
  12. Technologic
  13. night wing 247
  14. BeyDestroyer21
  15. Unicorno999
  16. TheLinkBeyblade
  17. Dmitri
  18. SonikkuBey
  19. snowballman
  20. BillyBlast
  21. Rockleone500
  22. ®
  23. DanDan
  24. ultimatebeyer

Here are the official results...

1st place: ReallyBad
2nd place: Galaxy4ever
3rd place: Arupaeo
4th place: hellkerbex900 (who got the third place prize)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

i might come if my football team does not have a game
put me down as a maybe
(Nov. 06, 2011  1:54 AM)Unicorno999 Wrote: im coming

Cool, hope to see you there! We are going to have a great time and are very nice to new bladers, so you are a welcome addition!

(Nov. 06, 2011  2:15 AM)night wing 247 Wrote: im going to win this tournament for sureStupid

Confidence. I like it!

(Nov. 06, 2011  7:16 PM)geetster99 Wrote: i might come if my football team does not have a game

I hope you can make it man! And what position do you play?

(Nov. 06, 2011  8:58 PM)LK-Sm0ke Wrote: put me down as a maybe

Alright, you're a maybe! Are we going to see you at the Climactic DJ Battle in NYC next weekend?

(Nov. 04, 2011  8:43 PM)Breaker Wrote: IM in WOOOT Grin also i will be bringing my friends the will probably make accounts this weekend.

Let's get those friends accounted for!

(Nov. 04, 2011  8:43 PM)Breaker Wrote: IM in WOOOT Grin also i will be bringing my friends the will probably make accounts this weekend.

Let's get those friends accounted for!
[/quote]

They will probably have theirs by wendsday
TheLinkBeyblADE will also be comming...

If i could find my beyblade of course
cant wait!

P.S. i used to be go hell kerbecs
I'm coming! Sign me in. Cheers from VA!
Whats the format of TBD
(Nov. 08, 2011  2:49 AM)Bigbang4ever Wrote: Whats the format of TBD

Really? Didn't you already ask what TBD means?

How about Ten Beyblade Duel, or Tiny Bey Droppings, or Transparent Barking Dogs...

Depending on the size the format will be chosen at that time. But no double elimination.
(Nov. 08, 2011  2:52 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:

Really? Didn't you already ask what tbd means?

How about Ten Beyblade Duel, or Tiny Bey Droppings, or Tall Barking Dogs...

... what i meant to say was how is the tournament gonna work, like in double elimination you have to lose two time then your out, in block round robin you get split into groups.
(Nov. 08, 2011  3:00 AM)Bigbang4ever Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2011  2:52 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:

Really? Didn't you already ask what tbd means?

How about Ten Beyblade Duel, or Tiny Bey Droppings, or Tall Barking Dogs...

... what i meant to say was how is the tournament gonna work, like in double elimination you have to lose two time then your out, in block round robin you get split into groups.

That won't be decided until the day.
I'll be there with blades on!
i kinda like double elimination better than block round robin
I have changed my name to ajthecyborg

i was ajtheeagleblader
im goin with ndog888 so i'll be there
(Nov. 07, 2011  1:07 AM)TheLinkBeyblade Wrote: TheLinkBeyblADE will also be comming... If i could find my beyblade of course

Start looking now, as we do not allow invisible beyblades - you can't tell if they're still spinning! Wink

(Nov. 07, 2011  3:18 PM)BeyDestroyer21 Wrote: cant wait! P.S. i used to be go hell kerbecs

Thank you for posting your name change, and we will see you there!

(Nov. 08, 2011  4:48 AM)SonikkuBey Wrote: I'll be there with blades on!

Nice old timey reference! Smile

(Nov. 08, 2011  9:47 PM)Ryugablader Wrote: i kinda like double elimination better than block round robin

I can understand that sentiment from your perspective. For most people though double elimination means that they get less battles, and for 25% of the field it means that they go home 0-2 with only 2 battles. I just don't think that this is fair for the younger or newer bladers. I feel strongly that everyone should get at least 4 ranked battles if they come to a tournament.

(Nov. 08, 2011  10:08 PM)ajthecyborg Wrote: I have changed my name to ajthecyborg i was ajtheeagleblader

Thanks for the update on the name change! I like knowing who you are this week. Wink

(Nov. 09, 2011  1:30 PM)snowballman Wrote: im goin with ndog888 so i'll be there

Awesome! You had a really strong tournament at the Dual Duel, so I'm really glad you are coming back!
(Nov. 04, 2011  9:27 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Alright! We've got a great showing already, and I'm super stoked!

EDIT: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) might be coming? No, now I'm super stoked! But wait, what about the Richmond tourney? Don't you want to support your state?

I forgot to check this thread again after posting. I actually won't be able to come if I do go to the Richmond tourney. I didn't realize it had been approved at the time when I posted that.

Edit: Wow, this is a really late response, lol.
No worries man!

The choice is yours of course, and while we would love to have you up here, it may be that you can do yourself a big favor by playing in the Richmond tourney. The more tourneys you guys can get going down there the better off your community (and your fuel expenditures) will be.
Why isn't this tournament thread up in the upcoming events on the main page/index?
I'm coming for sure. Finally 100% sure!
I will be recording at this tournament. Smile
hey arupeao Doom24 can't come due to boy scouts so can i pick it up for him?
i may be coming i will ask my dad if he will drive me this far and i will seeif one of my friends would like to come.
Kley, you live in Virginia, why do you not attend the tournament you abandonned but that will still happen anyway ? It is really odd. I thought you even wanted to delete your account. Why is there such a sudden change of mind ?