[Silver Spring, MD] 7/20/14 - The Triple Threat ... 2!

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: MyL9kn6.png]
The Triple Threat ... 2!

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our July tournament being held in the Mid-Atlantic's favorite Beyblade venue, Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Sunday, July 20 in Silver Spring, MD.

It is indeed that time of year again: HMS and Plastics Remembrance Day! This year in Maryland we will be holding, not one, not two, but three tournaments! And of course these tournaments are: Plastics, HMS, and ... your choice! The third tournament is the participants choice, via poll!

Location: MLK Park (The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map for the actual location of the tournament
which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts))
Date: 7/20/14

Specific Information for the Plastics Tournament

Time: 10:30 AM for registration, start time 11 AM
Format: Depends on number of Bladers
Stadium: BB-10 (it would be great if others brought BB-10s)
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)

Specific Information for the Standard Tournament

Time: 11:45 AM for registration, start time 12:15 (start time could change based on how long Plastics runs)
Stadium: BB-10 (it would be great if others brought stadiums)

Specific Information for the HMS Tournament

Time: 2:30 PM for registration, start time 2:45
Stadium: BB-10/Tornado Balance Type S (if it is brought) (it would be great if others brought BB-10s)

Plastics Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: faceboostermaroon.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: faceboosterflaxen.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: faceboosterceleste.png], Place Faces and Credits

HMS Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: faceboostermaroon.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: faceboosterflaxen.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: faceboosterceleste.png], Place Faces and Credits

But this time, not only do placers get prizes, but participants too!

Quote:Woah, wait! You can still win anyway at the WBO regardless of how well you do in tournaments! All entrants of an HMS or Plastic tournament held on the Remembrance Day will also receive 1 extra Credit just for playing in the event! In other words, you'll get 2 Credits just for participating, and that means you could get a free Face Booster or even better prizes in our Blader Rewards Campaign!

Exclusive BeyLotto

Plastics and HMS are awesome on their own and are enough reason to enter a tournament (or 2!) during these celebrations in July, but extra incentive certainly never hurt anyone! The WBO brings you the traditional exclusive, limited BeyLotto! The only requirement in order to be entered for a chance to win a prize is to play in a tournament on HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day! Phew, no weird ritual to do to be accepted; school’s over, remember?

If you think you can come to The Triple Threat 2 post in this thread!

Confirmed For Plastics:

*Ginga*
geetster99
OnTheDL
Dark_Mousy
Greninja master
Phantomhive (probably)
Tech
Lion furry 7 (maybe)
beymaster15963 (maybe)
darktwisted (maybe)
ASAP_SOSA_99
Angry Face

Confirmed For HMS:

*Ginga*
geetster99
OnTheDL
Dark_Mousy
Greninja master
Phantomhive (probably)
Lion furry 7 (maybe)
beymaster15963 (maybe)
darktwisted (maybe)
ASAP_SOSA_99
Angry Face

Confirmed For Standard:

*Ginga*
geetster99
OnTheDL
Dark_Mousy
Greninja master
Phantomhive (probably)
Tech
Lion furry 7 (maybe)
beymaster15963 (maybe)
darktwisted (maybe)
ASAP_SOSA_99
Angry Face

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: What tournament should we do between HMS and Plastics?

Standard
46.67%
Limited
20.00%
Zero-G
33.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
(Jul. 11, 2014  10:58 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: No!

You guys are gonna be there without me??

I have one request. Trash geetster99.

That's all I ask.
Trashing Geetster is gonna be a challenge and a difficult task to do my friend
The OP has been updated with everyone who has replied.
Ill have stuff for sale at this event if anyone is interested. And I can get stuff also.
Hey guys, I'll be selling the following items on Sunday:

BBG-03 Zero-G Stadium Attack Type (x1) - $35
BBG-23 Archer Killerken 130B (x1) - $5

Mint parts - $1 each
  • Metal Fury Blitz (x3)
    Thermal (x1)
    Ray (x1)
    Ifraid (x1)
    TR145 (black, Hasbro) (x2)
    230 + WD (gold, Hasbro) (x1)

Used Plastics (come with a launcher and short ripcord (or long dragon winder for $1 more)):
  • Wyborg (x2) - $3
    Wing Attacker (x1) - $3
    Bump King (x1) - $3
    Draciel F (w/2 balls) (x1) - $5
    Dragoon G (x1) - $5
    Draciel G (x1) - $5
    Draciel Metal Ball Defenser (w/4 balls) (x1) - $5
    Dranzer Auto Change Balancer (x2) - $3
    Phantom Force Dragoon S - $15
    Purple Driger F (w/special stickers) - $15
    Plastics launchers (w/long dragon winder) - $2
Pictures of plastics to come! maybe...

First come, first served. If you have any questions, please PM me (but don't ask me to hold anything for you!). Smile

(Jul. 13, 2014  3:41 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Ill have stuff for sale at this event if anyone is interested. And I can get stuff also.
Hmm.. like what I'm sorta intrestesed..
Hey guys I'll be selling an HMS Neo Launcher Grip at the tournament (you can message me if you are interested). I'll also be selling two MINT rare Zero-G Synchromes, Saramanda Ifraid and Orojya Revizer. Message me about those as well, and if you buy both, you get a free E230.

I'll also have one or two HMS that can be borrowed for the tournament, first come first serve.

Finally, I believe the poll has timed out, so it looks like Standard is the format of the day. This means that ya'll need to bring you BB-10s for it to go smoothly. Also, if anyone has a Tornado Balance or Tornado Balance Type S that can be used for the Plastics and/or HMS it would be great if you brought that (HMS in BB-10 isn't as fun Tongue_out_wink).
Im Also will be selling a Brand new Phantom Wheel (Takara-Tomy) for 5$ and a LL2 with a Ripcord for $1.05
But if u want to trade me for the Phantom wheel it has to be a good offer.
Hey if anyone is interested in playing/buying yugioh with me I will have my cards with me
(Jul. 18, 2014  8:59 PM)geetster99 Wrote: Hey if anyone is interested in playing/buying yugioh with me I will have my cards with me
i shall duel maybe buy
Guys, I am in desparate need of some Metal Stone Faces/MSF Custom Ver.

Anybody got some?
Hey guys I'm likely to go, put me on the maybe list, I am in vacation right now, btw I'm from Texas!
Oh yeah if I do come then I will be doing standard format, and least likely to do plastics, but I'll try to stay as long as possible! Smile
Remember we will always have stuff to borrow if need be.
Don't worry! I have my standard beyblade combos with me, unfortunately I cannot participate in the plastics and the HMS tourneys due to time wise. However I am most likely to participate in the standard format.
whitaker005 will be there for the Standards tournament
Good luck to everybody tomorrow have fun!
Honestly, I think I'm gonna skip out on this month. It sucks to not be able to make it for Remembrance Day, but it's just an inconvenience with this day.

I hope everyone has fun, though! Smile
(Jul. 19, 2014  7:30 PM)whitaker005 Wrote: whitaker005 will be there for the Standards tournament
Cool! Glad to have you on board!

(Jul. 20, 2014  3:45 AM)Tech Wrote: Honestly, I think I'm gonna skip out on this month. It sucks to not be able to make it for Remembrance Day, but it's just an inconvenience with this day.

who do you think you are
Hey guys it would be great if you all cod bring BB-10s and Tornado Balance Stados if you have them.
Sorry i havent posted sooner. I have some inconvenience and can not make it today. Sorry.
(I really want to get some action against NC)
... Unhappy
(Jul. 20, 2014  3:45 AM)Tech Wrote: Honestly, I think I'm gonna skip out on this month. It sucks to not be able to make it for Remembrance Day, but it's just an inconvenience with this day.

The Beygods condemn you.
We may be a little late