[Silver Spring, MD] 6/28/15 Before the Burst

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: gif_zps80mfefwp.gif]

Almost a year to the date since "A Timely Farewell," Time comes back to you all with the latest and greatest in the Maryland tournament series, "Before the Burst." Since pretty soon all of our blading knowledge will be consumed with the burst meta, it's time to honor the formats that have led us up to this exciting moment, those of Bakuten Shoot and Metal Fight Beyblade!

I'll see if I can't do something about getting a real cake as well.

[Image: star_zpsunwl2qz8.jpg]
In all seriousness Starbursts will be featured prominently at this event.
[Image: boom_zpsvnnts8ks.png]
As snazzy as those graphics are you're still probably wondering why you want to come to this event.

Reason #1. See aforementioned comment about Starbursts
Reason #2. Opportunity to participate in a team format event.
Reason #3. Opportunity to play Zero-G without F230CF/GCF
Reason #4. Battle a number of the top-ranked bladers in the world.
Reason #5. Rocking prizes, more details to follow
Reason #6. Opportunity to play multiple formats in one day.
Reason #7. Only region in the world that offers 2 on 2 tournaments (unofficial).
Reason #8. Time sells rare plastics and hms really cheaply.
Reason #9. Earn credits that can be used towards prizes from the blader rewards.
Reason #10. Earn faces to help make your profile look even snazzier.
Reason #11. Get to meet some really swell people.
Reason #12. Beyblading is fun
Bonus Reason: This is one of the only days all summer Time is available so it might be your only chance.

Info Stuff:

Date: 6/28/15

Location: MLK Park (The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map for the actual location of the tournament
which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts))

Tournaments will start promptly at noon and I expect we will be done around 5.

Fees: $5 to participate per tournament, $10 for a blader passport
$5 for 2 on 2, this helps cover the cost of all prizes distributed

Formats:
We will be playing some combination of Zero-G, Plastics, HMS, Limited, and 2 on 2 based on the results of the poll. One of the official formats will be played in teams.

Limited: http://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-MFB-Limited-Discussion

Team: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Introduc...on-9-27-14

2 v. 2: A partner is randomly selected for you. You proceed to play matches with all four bladers launching at once. First team to win 5 rounds (5/9) wins the match. Depending on turnout this will likely be double elimination. Once being crowned champions, the winning team will square off against each other in one more 5/9 match (2 switches of beys allowed) to determine who will take home the prize.

Prizes: Stuff from Time's goody bag that includes rare HMS and Plastics, launcher accessories, and other surprises.

Participants:
Time
Angry Face
beymaster15963
lawesomeness
lawesomeness friend #1
lawesomeness friend #2
lawesomeness friend #3
*Ginga*
geetster99
OnTheDL
night wing 247
Greninja Master
Stars
Arupaeo
Burn Rock Virgo
Wombat
Tech

Maybe:
Triforceblader
Shirayuki
Flash SGTO
dylanslegos
ExtremeBlader3
Likeaboss921
Dark_Mousy
Sonikkubey

Teams:
Atlantic Coast Elite (Time, Angry Face, *Ginga*)
Rising from the Ashes (beymaster15963, TBD, TBD)

@[Tech] @[Stars] @[Sniper] @[BillyBlast] @[Hov] @[*Ginga*] @[LikeABoss921] @[Fist] @[lawesomeness] @[OnTheDL] @[Coolblader#1] @[Super%Sayian] @[Greninja Master] @[Itachi] @[Shirayuki] @[beymaster15963] @[Wizard] @[Bazewklez] @[DrPepsidew] @[Pruebame] @[Kaboom!!!] @[Havoc] @[Cool Blader] @[dylanslegos] @[kilgore] @[Stormscorpio1] @[Dark_Mousy] @[TheBlackDragon] @[Thunder Dome] @[Wombat] @[FLASH SGTO] @[razorrider7] @[BladerLight] @[G-SHOCK] @[Eipman] @[Fisto227] @[FangLeone130WB] @[BladerXYZ] @[TrollingBlader] @[Triforceblader] @[Arupaeo] @[night wing 247]

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Formats?

Plastics, Team Zero-G, HMS 2 on 2
5.00%
Plastics, Team Limited, Standard 2 on 2
5.00%
Plastics, Team Zero-G, Standard 2 on 2
5.00%
Plastics, Team Limited, HMS 2 on 2
5.00%
Zero-G, Team Plastics, Standard 2 on 2
5.00%
Zero-G, Team Plastics, HMS 2 on 2
10.00%
Limited, Team Plastics, Standard 2 on 2
20.00%
Limited, Team Plastics, HMS 2 on 2
5.00%
Zero-G , Team Plastics, Limited 2 on 2
35.00%
Plastics, Team Zero-G, Limited 2 on 2
5.00%
Total: 100% 20 vote(s)
Oh yeah, the Burst is nearly upon us! And you know I just can't resist a new beyblade series - especially when it involves ordering big boxes of stuff from Japan! Smile

I'm going to start pinging the MD faithful for dates in late August that will work for all of us!

And kudos to @[Time] for running a great set of tournaments today! Smile
@[Arupaeo] Right after I hit my 2000th post you'll be hitting your 100th face with your Silver One from today. Crazy to think that something I went to on a whim three years ago at this point has become such a regular part of my life. Looking forward to the next event I am able to attend/host.

P.S. We also hosted the first team event outside of Toronto.
Well, after today I can say I've played in three of the four toughest regions in the world (I don't think I'll make it to London), and it was definitely pretty exciting. Maybe if I make it to NY or CT I'll be the member who's played in the most regions, haha.

Fortunately for me, the lucky streak I only get for one tournament in multiple-tournament events happened when it actually mattered: Zero-G. I ended up going 7-2 and taking 3rd, only losing to Sniper and Arupaeo. The Thunder Dragon MS is pretty nice, but it didn't make an appearance in the HMS tournament.

Kinda disappointed that my team didn't win Plastics, but good job to Gotta Go Fast Through The Ashes for recovering from their first round loss to us and taking second. Shame Dirt2 and Dr. Im couldn't stay for HMS, they would have done pretty well there too.

In hindsight, while I wanted Limited to be for points it was probably better that it wasn't because I got eliminated in the first round haha. I made the wrong choice by using my hard RSF and got KOed by Sniper's Meteo Attack custom, which was kinda embarrasing since Bakushin 90RSF is supposed to be my main combo.
(Jun. 29, 2015  1:06 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Oh yeah, the Burst is nearly upon us! And you know I just can't resist a new beyblade series - especially when it involves ordering big boxes of stuff from Japan! Smile

I'm going to start pinging the MD faithful for dates in late August that will work for all of us!

@[Arupaeo] After the turn out for this, we can certainly consider adding a Beyblade Burst Onto the Scene event for Maryland! We'll just have to see if we can afford it.
(Jun. 29, 2015  1:06 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Oh yeah, the Burst is nearly upon us! And you know I just can't resist a new beyblade series - especially when it involves ordering big boxes of stuff from Japan! Smile

And kudos to @[Time] for running a great set of tournaments today! Smile

Count me in as well, please.
@[Kei] @[Kai-V]

Spreadsheet for Team Plastics:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Spreadsheet for Zero-G:

Spreadsheet for HMS:

Major shoutout to Angry Face for helping me get these done before I disappear for the next month and a half.

P.S. When I get back is it cool if I redesign these spreadsheets for your approval? There's a lot of inefficiency in them right now.
It's not included in the spreadsheet, but Arupaeo also used MSF-H Genbull Dragooon SA165 (I have it down as Stamina) GCF and Bahamdia Balro 145GCF. Don't know how important chronological order is (I'm assuming somewhat because of adjusting points) but my finals matches are out of order. I lost to Sniper first, then beat Tech and Stars in that order, lost to Arupaeo, and then finally beat Tech in the tiebreaker.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one of Stars' HMS combo was Samurai Upper/CWD Free Survivor or CWD Defense Ring/GFCUV. Don't know if he used another one though.

Also, a question about majority win for Team Format: does the entire team have to get a majority win to get the credit or is it individual? Because I went 4-0 but my team went 2-2. This was probably answered when Team Format was first announced and I either skipped over it or don't remember, haha.
Time, a couple issues with the Team Plastics spreadsheet:

1. Make sure the additional Winning Combos spreadsheets are deleted. Since this was a Plastics event, you can delete the sheets for HMS and MFB.

2. The Results sheet should display each BeyBattle by each team member individually, with information in the notes column specifying which Team BeyBattle it was, the score of that BeyBattle, and in the row for the last BeyBattle of that Team BeyBattle, the final score and winning team. See the spreadsheet for Team BeyBattle Revolution as an example: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...lpkZY/edit

It actually might be a good idea to keep a separate sheet that just shows the Team BeyBattle overall results like you've done (so that it is easier to process the Team BeyBattles on each Team Account in the future when we have the team rankings intergrated into the BP System), so you can keep that. Just duplicate the Results sheet and have the second one list the results for each member like I have described. The first sheet can be called Results - Team Accounts and the second can be called Results - Team Members. Does that make sense?

3. The Final Scores, Credits, etc. sheet should show each individual member, not the teams.

(Jul. 05, 2015  5:43 AM)Time Wrote: P.S. When I get back is it cool if I redesign these spreadsheets for your approval? There's a lot of inefficiency in them right now.

I'm no spreadsheet wizard by any means–I haven't had a reason to use them in the past very much, and as a result I don't know all of the tricks–so I bet that there is. The format is pretty set in stone now because so many tournament have already been submitted with it and I don't want to go back and edit those so that our archive is consistent ... but if you want to propose something that is an absolutely incredible improvement, we can consider it! But the sooner the better.

Wombat Wrote:Also, a question about majority win for Team Format: does the entire team have to get a majority win to get the credit or is it individual? Because I went 4-0 but my team went 2-2. This was probably answered when Team Format was first announced and I either skipped over it or don't remember, haha.

It should be individual. The spreadsheet should show each individual member and their score, faces earned, etc. as I mentioned above.
@[Sniper] Why did you use BWD on F230?
(Jul. 05, 2015  6:25 AM)Kei Wrote: 2. The Results sheet should display each BeyBattle by each team member individually, with information in the notes column specifying which Team BeyBattle it was, the score of that BeyBattle, and in the row for the last BeyBattle of that Team BeyBattle, the final score and winning team. See the spreadsheet for Team BeyBattle Revolution as an example: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...lpkZY/edit
I can't really speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure I can remember my team's individual battles as well.

Both the individual and team matches are in chronological order.
@[Kei] A large part of the reason I wanted to do team in HMS or Plastics was to avoid having to keep track of the individual beybattles as I had no idea how to run a bracket that could keep track of individual round scores within a match. Other than the fact that I only ever lost one round, I don't think I have that data saved anywhere.
@[Wombat] @[Angry Face] Would one of you mind making all the corrections listed here? I'm leaving in literally two hours for my job that gives me spotty internet access at best for the next month and a half.
Oh snap Arupareo returns and makes his 2015 debut! Sadly I moved to Tennessee. Otherwise I would have made sure to attend this event. Hopefully everyone had fun and congrats to all the placers!
(Jul. 05, 2015  2:06 PM)Time Wrote: @[Kei] A large part of the reason I wanted to do team in HMS or Plastics was to avoid having to keep track of the individual beybattles as I had no idea how to run a bracket that could keep track of individual round scores within a match. Other than the fact that I only ever lost one round, I don't think I have that data saved anywhere.

Hm, I'm not sure what to do about it then. We absolutely always need the individual BeyBattles for every official WBO tournament recorded, regardless of whether it is a Team event, an HMS event, or a Plastics event. We need that data because–as you know–we plan to process HMS and Plastics events in the future.

What format was this event? Round Robin? In any case, you would have simply had to write out each Team BeyBattle that was to take place before you began and then record each individual battle for each Team BeyBattle as you went along. You had to record the final scores for each Team BeyBattle anyways, so I'm not sure what issue there would be in recording the individual matchups as well ...

@[Kai-V], what do you think we should do?
Hm, for certain we have received data from plastics and HMS tournaments in the past that did not include all of the results. However, as Kei mentioned, rounds won really have to be counted in the Team format, so that definitely had to be written down somewhere ...
the scores of each round don't matter right? as long as the winners are known?
I've PMed Angry about it, and we'll just have to ask around to fill in the blanks. Plastics was Double Elimination and HMS was Block Round Robin.

@[beymaster15963] @[Stars] @[Sniper] @[Arupaeo] @[*Ginga*] @[geetster99] @[Greninja Master] if you can remember any details about the Team Plastics or HMS event like match order, score etc. post here or PM me or @[Angry Face] with the details.

Greninja Master and beymaster15963 you two are especially important since I don't think any of your other teammates post on the WBO regularly. If they do not post we might be able to piece it together from their opponents but otherwise you will have to be responsible for their match scores and play order as well.
I'll look through the bracket tomorrow and help with what I can.
(Jul. 06, 2015  1:01 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: the scores of each round don't matter right? as long as the winners are known?

For team no, we do not process them differently but to be absolutely sure which team is the winner or advances to the finals, single rounds really have to be counted. That is imperative, and it really changes the whole team dynamics and strategies.
@[Kai-V] The single round data is already recorded in the spreadsheet. The only thing missing is the who played in each match breakdown. As in the 9-4 score is already recorded, just not that Blader A beat Blader B 3-2.
@[Kei] I have the HMS data, just no way to enter it at this point as my computer is broken and my internet access is inconsistent and unpredictable at best.
@[Time] Could you text the HMS results to me? lol
@[Kei] @[Kai-V] I sent the hms results to angry face a couple of days ago.
@[Angry Face], so you are going to update the HMS spreadsheet with the results?
I just found the results in my emails today, sorry for the delay! All HMS BeyBattles have now been inputted into the spreadsheet.
@[Kei] @[Kai-V] is this ready to be processed now? Also, something missing from the spreadsheet is that I should have also gotten my Amber? Face for referrals on the day.
(Jul. 24, 2015  4:57 PM)Time Wrote: @[Kei] @[Kai-V] is this ready to be processed now? Also, something missing from the spreadsheet is that I should have also gotten my Amber? Face for referrals on the day.

@[Time] Zero-G and HMS probably can, but it seems like Plastics is still incomplete. And nobody's gotten Faces from this event yet.

@[beymaster15963] @[Stars] @[Sniper] @[Arupaeo] @[geetster99] @[Greninja Master] I know it's been almost a month but do any of you remember your scores/team orders from the Plastics event?

Here are the spreadsheets.
Zero-G: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
Team Plastics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
HMS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

guys if you want your points/credits/faces and stuff you'll help out