Shut Up, New York is Amazing

Quote:Build a website specifically for NY/NJ. I'll use business cards and flyers to promote it.

Have fun ;D You gonna code it yourself, or use a site builder?
just a note that this is written by a person who sat outside the doors at anime north and mooed at fat people as they walked by
So, I don't typically enjoy reading these types of posts because, frankly, all they are are rants, and rants generate similar replies. That being said, I truthfully didn't read the majority of this thread, aside from this last page so please ignore it if I happen to repeat something, but I don't want to filter the fleeting lines of relevance amidst a whining carp storm.

While I was wholly unimpressed by the first post, there are a few things worth addressing here, and well, if possible I'd like to avoid a community fragmentation over such a relatively petty issue.

(Oct. 14, 2009  4:05 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
Conclusions:
  • If the old school bladers aren't willing to play, find new bladers that will.

- I find that's a rather poor statement. Yes, find new people who are willing to, but to out right neglect people willing to play (provided a bit of responsibility and planning are present) is just down right ignorant. Like it or not the area and plans seem to have a bad reputation, and if you feel like blaming anyone for this, blame yourselves. I recently joined when the whole NYC fiasco happened and while I didn't care much for things, what I did miss completely after the fact was follow through.

The conclusion seems to be drawn from the bad taste left for a few members after a string of (potentially coincidental) unfortunate events/mishaps/accidents. Whatever the case, showing up with a post like this after a few months of absence/holding out isn't going to get you any points. This is about maturity and accepting responsibility, beyblade, WBO, your own proposed website, or anything if you accept a position with responsibility you own up to it, excuses be damned.

• Metal Fight Beyblades aren't as competitive as plastics. We all saw it, we all agreed. I'm keeping New York's standard to plastic and HMS for those that share interest.

• (Oct. 14, 2009  4:05 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
  • We need to have one day a week/month to set up at the same location with a focus specifically on gaining interest.

• - Who is we? Whatever. Here's something I find interesting, you want to promote Beyblade, revive it so to speak, but keep the standard to Plastic and HMS? I'm going to ignore the bit about them being more competitive for the moment to point out, and hopefully make you realize how utterly ABSURD the notion of pushing older generation items when the new stuff is currently out, and soon to be released world wide is.

Here's the break down:

"Hey, check out this battle between plastics guys!"

"Oh cool! Where do we get them?"

"Oh, well, most stores don't sell plastics/HMS anymore, but you can order them on e-bay and MOJ. They also have MFB which are available though similar routes, but tonnes of shops online have them as well too, oh, they're going to be released world wide in a year, backed by promotions, events, and a Television series which you kids are totally going to love!"

"Oh, so I should buy product I most likely won't be able to use except around you guys and ppick up MFB which are more likely to be used too!"

"Yep! ^___________^"

"Angry Yeah. No."

OK, so, yeah sarcastic as hell, but whatever. I don't understand how you want to shift your focus to promoting beyblade but believe the older generation stuff is more competitive and intend to show case it even more. "Yeah guys, the new stuff sucks, don't buy it."

Now, how did you come up to the conclusion that HMS and Plastics are more competitive? 8 people getting together and making an arbitrary judgment proclaiming plastics/HMS are more competitive than MFB doesn't make it true. Plastics and HMS have run their course, it's a field dominated by archtypes, and specific customizations. MFB is consistently changing currently, has new parts in production, and is still being updated, with new parts that are affecting current top tier combination's, and some new untouched potential, I fail to see exactly how MFB isn't competitive

Goals:
    • Build a website specifically for NY/NJ. I'll use business cards and flyers to promote it.

- Good for you, I have no issue with another website, but the WBO is not the place to organize something like that, especially considering the rather... well, anti-us comments you've made.

• Have stores carry Beyblades. I already have one guy in Coney Island who will carry MFB. He has the ability to order directly from Takara-Tomy.

• - This is not as easy as you say it is. Stores in this economy won't often take risks like that, and even fewer have access to such connections. You can suggest it, but do you honestly see any store that can't order from Takara-Tomy directly going out of their way to buy MFB from a second hand source? I've actually got a few stores interested, but the obvious choice for them seems to be to wait until Fall 2010 for the official release out here. That being said, I've already got an agreement with several comic/hobby shops in BC allowing me to host WBO tournaments and events there, if you're truly looking to promote it, I might suggest a similar start.

This is a serious suggestion: Write a letter to Takara-Tomy, find out how you can order MFB directly from them, or if you can give them stores willing to. See what happens.

• Create our own battle system. New Yorkers have lives outside of the computer. We're going to need a tangible ranking system.

• -So, basically, take a pen and paper, a file folder for each blader and hand write each match with a signature of each participant beside it. If the time to organize something on the computer is that difficult, I would suggest not trying to organize that something. Computers are wonderful information gathering and distribution locations, they're fast, convenient, connected, and a lot more organized with a hundred word documents than one hundred paper documents in a filing cabinet.

(Oct. 14, 2009  4:05 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Note: if we exceed 20 people, we need a park permit. FYI

- The park permit is rather unfortunate, but I understand your pain, I was facing the same issue when trying to organize the Vancouver Beyclubs first tournament. Not only was it tough, but selling things was a second permit, even if it was second hand. I'd suggest trying to work closely with shops that are willing to have you around.
    (Oct. 14, 2009  11:54 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: - I find that's a rather poor statement. Yes, find new people who are willing to, but to out right neglect people willing to play (provided a bit of responsibility and planning are present) is just down right ignorant.
    It's also ignorant for people to promise one thing and then not deliver on it. They neglect themselves.
    (Oct. 15, 2009  12:17 AM)fragbait Wrote: It's also ignorant for people to promise one thing and then not deliver on it. They neglect themselves.

And so...?

Relevance/example good sir?
    Probably the Beypoints system taking so long to get back up.
    also dani if you want to be professional, screaming about how much you hate someone is not the way to do it
    Heard this from a pretty reliable source:

Quote:she like tried to force her opinion down everyone's throat

Quote:she made it a point not to mention the WBO to anyone there, and she very specifically voiced that she hates Brad

That really puts this whole thing in perspective, doesn't it? This is all about your personal feelings about the WBO; it has nothing to do with Beyblade. The WBO is doing the best job possible for a fan community for Beyblade. Funny thing is, you wouldn't know any of these people if it wasn't for my work on OtC and the WBO. You have no respect for what everyone has done for you.

So yes, you dislike me. I'll be the first to let you know that behind the scenes, there is not a very positive attitude about you as well. You're generally perceived as childish and attention-mongering and bordering malevolence. Simply put, I would advise everyone not to put faith in you. When you helped me out at BWR I thought I'd been wrong about you all along, but you spent the rest of the weekend proving me wrong with your antics, from mooing at overweight people very publicly, which was perhaps the most embarrassing thing I have ever bore witness to (protip: you are not exactly Daria Werbowy) to your "drunk" antics (from two light beers) to your delaying of lunch, leaving me and Annie waiting for an hour for you, and all of the shovelling of your feelings and opinions and forcing your way into battles and all the other insane childish stuff you got up to. And then cancelling the event in NY without posting and becoming indignant and condescending with everyone who was upset with you for it. All you want is attention, and that's all this act is.

I am hoping people are willing to stand up and tell you what they really think of you now, because frankly, nobody who's worked on the WBO deserves this denigration from you, someone who puts in a little effort, gets twelve people to show up, and acts like they are the second coming. I feel too many people have bitten their tongues long enough about you in the hope of civility. You have commonly been described by people who have known you as "insane" and "a trainwreck" (these are actual quotes). Even now, you're trying to use the WBO for your very obviously anti-WBO activities; you don't know what to do without the WBO's support.

Perhaps I will get a warning from the staff here (as you seem to be wont to forget, I am not staff here anymore), but I truly do feel that this needs to be said, to expose you as the complete fraud that you are before people begin putting faith in you over people who have dedicated immeasurable time and money to bringing a worldwide community (that's over twelve people) together.

Man, what ever happened to a positive attitude?
    (Oct. 15, 2009  12:25 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: And so...?

Relevance/example good sir?

Basically, you were saying it was ignorant of her to neglect people. But, she's saying she doesn't want to wait up for people who don't want to play, as she does. It's not fair to the people who want to move forward to wait for those who stay behind.
    (Oct. 15, 2009  12:51 AM)fragbait Wrote: Basically, you were saying it was ignorant of her to neglect people. But, she's saying she doesn't want to wait up for people who don't want to play, as she does. It's not fair to the people who want to move forward to wait for those who stay behind.

Frogbait, you know absolutely nothing, so I recommend staying out of this.
    (Oct. 15, 2009  12:54 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: Fragbait, you know absolutely nothing, so I recommend staying out of this.

Fixxed.
    (Oct. 15, 2009  12:51 AM)fragbait Wrote: Basically, you were saying it was ignorant of her to neglect people. But, she's saying she doesn't want to wait up for people who don't want to play, as she does. It's not fair to the people who want to move forward to wait for those who stay behind.

you mean like the people who want to play with current bey instead of plastic and hms?
    I'm not too crazy about the direction this is going. I think we all need to cool down a bit.
    Screw this, I'm not in the mood to deal with what could be a goddamn soap opera.

Locked.