Should we cover the anime?

Essentially, the goal of Beywiki was to be an information emporium for Beyblade. However, now we need to ask ourselves: should we cover the anime?

It's my personal opinion that this is something we should stay away from. It's going to attract the sort of people who don't really mesh well with the culture of this board, and there are always plenty of anime fansites to cover this information.
Is this because of my PM?...
Gotruto Wrote:Is this because of my PM?...

Sort of, but it's been something I've been thinking about for a while. You just reminded me of it.
W/e, anyways my opinion is pretty much "It doesnt matter". If we dont then u should probably take out the characters section or something, or some people might join and then try to get u to make more, AKA people might be pests about it. If u do, then more people will join but they will be more about the anime than the hobby, which will probably make the Hobby part of this site worse. Actually, id refer to not have the anime part, simply because the anime is DEAD....until 2009. Then i might rethink this, depending on how good the anime is, but for now dont bother with the anime part.
I don't think we should go into it, but we should acknowledge it. It is a big part of the game and what got most of us into it in the first place. A Brief Synopsis of each season maybe?
Train Wrote:I don't think we should go into it, but we should acknowledge it. It is a big part of the game and what got most of us into it in the first place. A Brief Synopsis of each season maybe?

I could do that, i have already rewatched the original/V-force and am now watching G-rev (Notice that they are in english, not Bakuten-Shoot)
I think that if we did go into it, we would need to put it in a separate section, and not mention it in the actual hobby parts of the wiki (i.e. don't mention that Dragoon was Tyson's main blade on, say, the Dragoon Metal Storm page, etc.).

An alternative would be just a brief mentioning of the anime on a separate page of the wiki. At the end of the article, you could post links to fansites or other websites that focus on the anime (you're allowed to do that, right?). That way, BeyWiki doesn't focus on anime, and people can still get info on the anime via the links, if they want it.
i say screw the article and just have a Beyblade Anime Links page.
A short article on the anime would suffice, I think.

Edit: Redirect to wikipedia beyblade anime page =O
I'm for the anime too, because this (and manga too) are basically the "story" of beyblading, or should I call it otherwise? Whatever...

As Train suggested, we should make a Synopsis per season and maybe a little info about the characters, but not very detailedSmile.

just my 2 cents
Bey Brad Wrote:It's my personal opinion that this is something we should stay away from. It's going to attract the sort of people who don't really mesh well with the culture of this board, and there are always plenty of anime fansites to cover this information.
This. So far, almost all the people who come here as fans of the anime only have not fit in so well..

To be honest, affiliating with Beyblade Spirit would be the best idea because they will be covering the new anime.
No.
Yes, I think. It doesn't seem like a lot of work at all, in fact I'd be willing to do whatever I could because although I want to help the with wiki I'm only meagerly knowledgeable about the game (basically whatever I read here).

Attracting the wrong sort of people, I think, is a negligible side-effect of fleshing out the wiki. You want beywiki to be the definitive source of all beyblade information, rite? The anime was integral to the popularization of the game, if it weren't for that god knows most of us wouldn't be here or know each other right now. Its historically important to the game.
Marin Wrote:You want beywiki to be the definitive source of all beyblade information, rite?

Beyblade Hobby information.

There's a reason the Anime and Manga forum was turned into a subforum.
Well I'd be for it, that way I can actually do some stuff on the Wiki.
Takao Wrote:Well I'd be for it, that way I can actually do some stuff on the Wiki.

Yeah, this.

But I guess it just comes down to how adamant you are about keeping the wiki clean. I can see both sides of the argument; it makes sense to keep the wiki all hobby inclusive. Maybe a compromise would be mentioning the Anime/Manga in a "trivia" section on each 'blade? E.g., "this 'blade was the first one used by Tyson in G-revolution".
Marin Wrote:
Takao Wrote:Well I'd be for it, that way I can actually do some stuff on the Wiki.

Yeah, this.

But I guess it just comes down to how adamant you are about keeping the wiki clean. I can see both sides of the argument; it makes sense to keep the wiki all hobby inclusive. Maybe a compromise would be mentioning the Anime/Manga in a "trivia" section on each 'blade? E.g., "this 'blade was the first one used by Tyson in G-revolution".

oh god carp like this is exactly why i DON'T want to
I'd say no. We're focused on the game really.
Even site like Pojo; they don't like write articles on the anime (well last time I checked anyways). They just keep it in a forum.
If the anime referred more to the game, it would make sense. Since it is how it is, it doesn't.
I don't think it would be such a bad idea. If you do deside to do it I think that you (Brad) should stick to writing for the hobby part of the wiki and asign others to write for the anime wiki.

Now I deffinitly agree that its gonna bring in a bunch of pest but I know I got into the anime before the hobby and I'm sure many of you did so too. So I feel like with an anime section we can get a lot of the anime fans to get serious about the hobby.

Especially with the IBA they will see the videos from the events like botb, bnd and any other events that happen in the future and the fun were having and get encuraged to join.
(Aug. 05, 2008  5:39 PM)Maz Wrote: I don't think it would be such a bad idea. If you do deside to do it I think that you (Brad) should stick to writing for the hobby part of the wiki and asign others to write for the anime wiki.

Now I deffinitly agree that its gonna bring in a bunch of pest but I know I got into the anime before the hobby and I'm sure many of you did so too. So I feel like with an anime section we can get a lot of the anime fans to get serious about the hobby.

Especially with the IBA they will see the videos from the events like botb, bnd and any other events that happen in the future and the fun were having and get encuraged to join.

But a lot of the anime fans will be young and won't really know much about the actual strategy that goes into the hobby.

I see what you're getting at, and I agree: A lot of us got into Beyblade because of the anime, and we could get some anime fans to be series about the hobby, but...Personally, I think that affiliating with a site that covers the anime would be easier for everyone.
well i love the anime almost as much as i love blading i think it would be great. the wiki would get new members(good or bad). which could be a good thing, it might benefit beywiki some how
It's a given that most of us got into the anime before the hobby. But how many of us were actively seeking in-depth information about the anime online? :\