Should we consider the LUCK factor in bey matches?

Poll: Do you believe in luck?

Yes
71.25%
No
28.75%
Total: 100% 80 vote(s)
Kinda. I believe that the game is decided by the combo and the launch. However, I also believe that luck can effect these things like you pick a defense type and your opponent has a stamina type or a slight slip of the launch causes your bey to land exactly where your opponent does causing you to get KO'ed by a accidental snipe shot by the opponent.
True, what may seem is luck is actually just human error or launch angle, etc.

But again, combos affect the luck. If your combo is Dark Orso 230Q, it's going to need SOOO much more luck to win than a top-tier in today's metagame.
To me "luck" doesn't play any role/purpose in a beybattle. You can't control luck, measure luck or do anything from luck, really to me luck is just a figment of your imagination.
You can increase the chances of winning by what you do. Changing parts can affect the outcome of the battle, just a simple height change can change alot.. The way you shoot can effect the battle, sliding shoots can help attack types tremendously, shooting into the center of the stadium can help defence types and stamina types.
In Beyblade, luck is considered as everything that happens after your have chosen your Beyblade, as well as after you have launched, because you have no control over anything at that point, unlike in Battle Strikers.

Seriously, that has been this way for years in this community, we have always known that there was a huge factor called 'luck', so I have no idea how some of you can even say that there is no luck at all. Nobody can predict accurately how physics laws will interact between each other, the stadium only has three walls, etc. Even back on Off the Chain luck was known, and Brad even asked here if anybody really doubted that there was luck involved. How can you still pretend that there is no 'luck' ?
My point was merely that luck has a vital role, but can be shifted towards your advantage if certain parts are used as well as techniques.

One huge example of luck is when using an attack bey, when it misses the opponent in the flower pattern thing. Sometimes it hits and KOs, other times it flies out of the stadium or just doesn't get a good enough hit to KO or unbalance.

This can be altered with parts such as Vulcan or Beat (atm), which increase your chances of luck swaying your way.
(May. 05, 2011  9:14 PM)Cyber Kerberous Wrote: This can be altered with parts such as Vulcan or Beat (atm), which increase your chances of luck swaying your way.

Then that isn't so much luck as strategy.
(May. 06, 2011  1:21 AM)Omega12 Wrote: Then that isn't so much luck as strategy.

Are you serious ? You choose the best parts you can, but no combination really ever has a one-hundred-percent win rate against another, so you try to get all the chances on your side, but there is still a possibility that things do not work out.
(May. 06, 2011  1:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  1:21 AM)Omega12 Wrote: Then that isn't so much luck as strategy.

Are you serious ? You choose the best parts you can, but no combination really ever has a one-hundred-percent win rate against another, so you try to get all the chances on your side, but there is still a possibility that things do not work out.
But if you change the parts to better suit the desired outcome then that is strategy. I'm not saying there's no luck there, all I'm saying is that what he said was leaning more on strategy than luck.

Now if I go in there with a Dark wheel and manage to KO every bey, that's completely luck and no strategy.
You statregise in order to deal best with luck.
Luck is nothing.

It depends on what we do or do not.
(May. 06, 2011  1:52 PM)GatlingClawX Wrote: Luck is nothing.

but sometimes prob occurs and there is nothing to help us but only the luck
(May. 06, 2011  1:54 PM)bladeruler Wrote:

Luck is not a thing or person who/which will come to help us so that we can win in a match. We can just believe or wish that we can win but nobody will help us.
Everything we see in front us just a matter of time. If we can catch the true method we can handle a situation easily and it will turn up into victorious from being lost.
Luck is nothing but a belief that can encourage us until we find out a solution of any circumstance or it can throw us into any kind of danger which may not be possible to take us out from there.
(May. 06, 2011  2:46 PM)GatlingClawX Wrote:

Luck is not a thing or person who/which will come to help us so that we can win in a match. We can just believe or wish that we can win but nobody will help us.
Everything we see in front us just a matter of time. If we can catch the true method we can handle a situation easily and it will turn up into victorious from being lost.
Luck is nothing but a belief that can encourage us until we find out a solution of any circumstance or it can throw us into any kind of danger which may not be possible to take us out from there.

thats ur thinking dude but luck is a important factor wat if u don't believe in it but i do and think most of the other members to believe in it
personally i call it random chance

like at ignite your spirit i lost while using the same combo as the other person even though i most likely had the stronger launch (meteo ldrago 100SD). though you could say luck or random chance, there are other factors. such as, my SD was fairly worn, most likely more so then my opponent

but yes there is some random chance in beybattles
(May. 06, 2011  2:46 PM)GatlingClawX Wrote:

And there we have another member, who really believes in the spirit of beyblading!
Dude, the whole world knows the power of luck.... Just a very peculiar moment that, when luck shows itself, but everyone say that it was the skill. You would have heard those phrases- "Hah, that was fluke!" "You KOed me as you were lucky!" "It was just by chance!"...... All these terms, actually mean that the whole situation changed in a fraction of a second, without giving any hint of what had happened. Yes, if your Trypio wins against Bistool just because you released your Bit Beast when you were gonna lose, is when there was no 'luck'. But that phenomena is impossible.
Luck remains for those persons who can't believe anyone even himself. When you battle against someone your bit beast will release in that moment when you'll need him very much. Now if you say that anyone or anything(luck) helps him to release so that he(bit-beast) can help you to win so what is it supposed to be? so according to you, that thing is used to be call luck? that means when we get something we like from somebody by a supernatural power? it's used to be called luck! and if we doesn't like that thing therefore it's not used to be called luck. That means, when we want something and it comes true to us then that's luck which helps that to be succeed. if so happens then when a student goes to school or elsewhere to his examination and when his results comes out and if he can know that he has already qualified the exam then he would think luck helps him to qualify.

Hah... so what does it mean? is it his own depth to qualify or some extraordinary belief that people say luck?
(May. 06, 2011  6:14 PM)GatlingClawX Wrote: Luck remains for those persons who can't believe anyone even himself. When you battle against someone your bit beast will release in that moment when you'll need him very much. Now if you say that anyone or anything(luck) helps him to release so that he(bit-beast) can help you to win so what is it supposed to be? so according to you, that thing is used to be call luck? that means when we get something we like from somebody by a supernatural power? it's used to be called luck! and if we doesn't like that thing therefore it's not used to be called luck. That means, when we want something and it comes true to us then that's luck which helps that to be succeed. if so happens then when a student goes to school or elsewhere to his examination and when his results comes out and if he can know that he has already qualified the exam then he would think luck helps him to qualify.

Hah... so what does it mean? is it his own depth to qualify or some extraordinary belief that people say luck?

Are you damn serious ? Are you stupid ?

By the way, in the case of an exam, luck would be illustrated by the questions he ends up having to complete. The student imagined some questions the teacher could ask, and if he is lucky then he was able to focus on mostly the things the exam highlights in its questions.
It's like using Gattayaki, you know it works, but it's up to luck. But luck is idependable.
(May. 04, 2011  5:40 AM)Hero Wrote: There's no such thing as luck. Everything is decided by the laws of physics; the strength of the launch, the angle, the contact points, the condition of parts, the surface of the stadium, and even to some extent the air temperature. Luck does not exist, the laws of physics explains it all.
Even if you were able to find out all of these aspects and knew exactly what power and angle your launch was you still couldn't predict your opponents launch and everything so a bit of luck would be involved. You may be able to see where your opponent may launch but they might change in the last second and you can't predict how much strength they would put into it. Physics explains everything but parts of physics are lucky.
(May. 07, 2011  1:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  6:14 PM)GatlingClawX Wrote: Luck remains for those persons who can't believe anyone even himself. When you battle against someone your bit beast will release in that moment when you'll need him very much. Now if you say that anyone or anything(luck) helps him to release so that he(bit-beast) can help you to win so what is it supposed to be? so according to you, that thing is used to be call luck? that means when we get something we like from somebody by a supernatural power? it's used to be called luck! and if we doesn't like that thing therefore it's not used to be called luck. That means, when we want something and it comes true to us then that's luck which helps that to be succeed. if so happens then when a student goes to school or elsewhere to his examination and when his results comes out and if he can know that he has already qualified the exam then he would think luck helps him to qualify.

That was quite harsh...

But, talk of bit beasts....over the top.
I beleive luck is a factor, but tier and skill matter more.
(May. 07, 2011  5:31 AM)BeyFan Wrote:
(May. 07, 2011  1:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

That was quite harsh...

But, talk of bit beasts....over the top.

Well, it looks like he never understood what i said. I just said that coz I've seen many people say(in my society) that there is no luck. The examples they gave- "If you say that there was luck, explain how did ___ win against ____ .............. They refer to the anime. That's why, just to bring out that point, I mentioned the concept of bit beasts up there. No, I do not mean that releasing a bit beast is luck. I said that its the final chance bladers use while battling, with a hope to win. These anime battles are the ones, where there is hardly any luck involved... But, as this phenomena is impossible in the real world, I said that luck is involved in matches.
Lol, reading through GatlingClawX's post, it seemed like he thought bit beasts were real XD

His post is a bit hard for me to understand. I assume that English is his second language.
(May. 07, 2011  7:52 AM)BeyFan Wrote: Lol, reading through GatlingClawX's post, it seemed like he thought bit beasts were real XD

His post is a bit hard for me to understand. I assume that English is his second language.

What do you mean that English is my language?
(May. 07, 2011  7:52 AM)BeyFan Wrote: Lol, reading through GatlingClawX's post, it seemed like he thought bit beasts were real XD

I think he meant luck is like a bit beast; it's not real. Cosmic forces do not affect a battle. I don't think that.