Should we consider the LUCK factor in bey matches?

Poll: Do you believe in luck?

Yes
71.25%
No
28.75%
Total: 100% 80 vote(s)
(May. 07, 2011  8:42 AM)GatlingClawX Wrote:
(May. 07, 2011  7:52 AM)BeyFan Wrote: Lol, reading through GatlingClawX's post, it seemed like he thought bit beasts were real XD

His post is a bit hard for me to understand. I assume that English is his second language.

What do you mean that English is my language?

I said second language. Or are your posts just full of mistakes?

(May. 07, 2011  8:46 AM)Titan Blader Wrote:
(May. 07, 2011  7:52 AM)BeyFan Wrote: Lol, reading through GatlingClawX's post, it seemed like he thought bit beasts were real XD

His post is a bit hard for me to understand. I assume that English is his second language.

I think he meant luck is like a bit beast; it's not real. Cosmic forces do not affect a battle. I don't think that.

I didn't get that at all from his post...
OK, then. Now we better stop the argument. Also, let me make it very clear, I never said there are bit beasts for real. I said that referring to the anime. Coz, if you (GatlingClaw) follow the anime more than anything else, then let me tell you, those battles never have luck, nor do they have much sense.
Never said you were making it as if bit beasts are real.
Yeah? GatlingClaw's post made me feel as if he meant Bit Beasts are real.....<<off topic.
Those of you arguing the definition of luck are missing the point entirely and playing a game of semantics to inflate your own egos. Yeah, it's all mostly very minute, impossibly unknowable details of physics. This is still luck in a practical sense as it's all things that neither player is in control of. There's absolutely no way at all to predict or control which part of your Wheel hits the opposing Wheel upon contact, for example. This is entirely "luck."

If I had to break down the factors of a battle, it's 70% combo, 20% skill, and 10% luck. Obviously not a scientific conclusion but that's my feeling on it.
A very good example of luck (Please watch the ENTIRE video) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u3WN7CYKcU

Normally attack types beat stamina types, but that's not the case in this video.
Yes, but that was depending on the blader's experience. He would of slide shot, don't you think?
This REALLY applies in Hasbro stadiums. With my personal favorite attack type(in my av and sig), sometimes it hits another Beyblade at the right angle and comes back for more hard smashes to the other Bey, but sometimes it is deflected and starts uselessly riding the Tornado Ridge, then usually loses all of its power there, but sometimes the other bey wanders a little too close to the ridge and bumps Aquario back into its useful attack pattern, resulting in a lucky win. Also, in stadiums of both companies (as far as I can guess, I only have Hasbro) the last few moments of a stamina battle mostly depend on luck(which bey is tilted which way, how far form each other they happen to be, etc etc etc.) with no skill involved, unless you have epik telekinetic powaz, which is highly unlikely.
luck can play a big part in bey battles but just as in everyday life you cant predict it and you cant count on it so while it can be good to have a 4 leaf clover in you pocket when you battle id rather just practice and have a good combo
(May. 07, 2011  10:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If I had to break down the factors of a battle, it's 70% combo, 20% skill, and 10% luck. Obviously not a scientific conclusion but that's my feeling on it.
Yeah, I too think that a combo has the largest impact. I think this because I see ones combo being something you have 100% control over.
(May. 07, 2011  4:02 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Yeah? GatlingClaw's post made me feel as if he meant Bit Beasts are real.....<<off topic.

I didn't mean that Bit Beasts are real. I just wanted to say if any blader needs his bit beast so much(as a example) in which moment he's about to lose then the bit beast will be released to help him. That's what I wanted to say.
(May. 08, 2011  12:24 PM)GatlingClawX Wrote:
(May. 07, 2011  4:02 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Yeah? GatlingClaw's post made me feel as if he meant Bit Beasts are real.....<<off topic.

I didn't mean that Bit Beasts are real. I just wanted to say if any blader needs his bit beast so much(as a example) in which moment he's about to lose then the bit beast will be released to help him. That's what I wanted to say.

Not really helping yourself here.
Luck in Bey Matches is like Critical Hit in Pokemon .
Somehow with one hit , the bey manages to win . This is Luck , no Bit Beasts involved .
Just like the video iBeyblader posted .
I personally think Luck + Skill = Win .
Luck cannot be predicted , but it happens constantly so it is , and it will always be , a factor in Bey matches .
Great example Vamasco.
beybrad- Well yes, I agree to your point. But, don't you, or anyone around here think that:-
Luck, Tier, and skill are interdependent? They depend on each other almost every time. Example-
1. Basalt tanks can win you matches, but what's the purpose, when you just don't use it to its full potential?
2. You manage to get a powerful launch, you have a top tier, but you realize, that your bey bounced off the stadium, and self-KOed ...

Example 1, shows interdependency of tier and skill.
Example 2, shows skill, tier and a bit of luck..

Well, I am sure you'll have some objections with the 2nd example, but please do not disagree to my point though.
(May. 08, 2011  12:33 PM)BeyFan Wrote:

I kind of get his point,
He's saying If you think that (Bull face) IS GREAT AND (Aquila face) sucks,He may not win wiht Aquila face but will win with Bull face.
Kind of SELF CONFIDENCE.
Same goes for Burn Bull 100 WD vs Burn Aquario 100 WD.
People who like Aquario better can get better results with Aquario and Vice Versa.
(May. 08, 2011  5:16 PM)Aquilaz112 Wrote:
(May. 08, 2011  12:33 PM)BeyFan Wrote:

I kind of get his point,
He's saying If you think that (Bull face) IS GREAT AND (Aquila face) sucks,He may not win wiht Aquila face but will win with Bull face.
Kind of SELF CONFIDENCE.
Same goes for Burn Bull 100 WD vs Burn Aquario 100 WD.
People who like Aquario better can get better results with Aquario and Vice Versa.
Hmm, that is...interesting. Wouldn't have of thought it was about self confidence at all...
Ah, finally the confusion about his point is over. Well, if its about self confidence, Gatling, then I agree with you. Your will power does help, but it kinda doesn't, after you launch. After that, it all comes upon tier and luck, coz skill has already been used in luck. That's just what I meant. There will be no 'voluntary' idiotic twists in a beybattle, like in the anime.
I think there is a little luck but there is luck in everything. But I think its mostly the bey and the launch
I'd agree with skill and knowledge being the biggest factors if you can identify the tip, you can generally figure out a basic pattern and come up with a counter shot to beat or flat out use an opponent's shot. example: A stamina type with a sharp tip that is leaned would most likely be a angled shot. if you id the angle as to have the face towards the center of the dish, use a shot that will come around the lifted side and the hit will bump the bey over enough to cause it to grind and lose spin. (past situation)