Should we consider the LUCK factor in bey matches?

Poll: Do you believe in luck?

Yes
71.25%
No
28.75%
Total: 100% 80 vote(s)
We all know that there has always been an unending war between tier and skill. But, we forget one minute factor, which actually plays a minute role in a bey match at times. This factor, though minute, completely changes the result of the beybattle. We can call it a factor that intellectual thinking gives rise to. We children, work hard at finding the greatest combos or techniques of beyblading. We practice for hours if we believe in skill while test for hours if we believe in tier. But the adults (mostly parents) who see us doing such things, always say that this game is based on luck, and we should spend more time in other activities. Does this 'LUCK' really count? Well, it does sometimes. You may even see an uncustomized Storm Capricorn defeat one of those tanks in a tourney. Here, we can discuss about the least known factor that affects beyblading, LUCK. Hope this thread is useful!Joyful_2
I think everyone knows about luck ... I keep telling people who get results that are sixty percent versus forty percent that one of the matches is basically a half chance of getting the victory or not, and if it were me I would probably not get that win.
Um, so should this be closed?
just in time for this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMito4_ZFvs
I completely agree with JanStarBlast, luck matters in Bey Battles too. Whatever you say but luck might be the most important fact for a Bey match, I have tried it too LLD 100RF vs Storm Pegasus 105RF and SP won 5-0 that time I was suprised. JanStarBlast is right that luck is a fact in Bey Battles.
Well, looking at that video and it putting some importance to predicting where a bey will go, I can see how luck would play a role in that. Predicting where a opponents bey will go is a guessing game.
i don't agree. luck matters if you can't aim your path/predict your opponent's consistently.
after that, luck only exist in occasional recoils at low rotations

about the "guessing game" that's true for the FIRST match. not for the others. by looking at your opponent's hands inclination, and combining that with what you saw, you can start a process that excludes luck from matches.

also, there was a period where ispanico86 won like 6 tourneys in a row here in italy, and i did the same. are we just the luckiest bladers out here?
Yup, thats true. Also, we all agree with the skill that the video had to show. But we did see some parts where luck was involved. The bey was out. It was thrown over the tornado ridge, but it still returned.
that's not luck, luck at it again: first it dodges 2 "swings" then, look at the inclination it has before getting hit.

i agree luck can effectively change the result of a match, but from what people started sayin it seemed that winning a tournament is nothing special because it's just about luck.
(May. 03, 2011  2:56 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: about the "guessing game" that's true for the FIRST match. not for the others. by looking at your opponent's hands inclination, and combining that with what you saw, you can start a process that excludes luck from matches.
You can never "exclude" luck. Even looking at someone's hands, you will never get it 100% right. Also, you can't tell me that after your first match, that you were 100% right all the time.

(May. 03, 2011  2:56 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: also, there was a period where ispanico86 won like 6 tourneys in a row here in italy, and i did the same. are we just the luckiest bladers out here?
Winning so consistently, there is still an element of luck involved. Skill is a major factor, but you can not say there is no luck in there too.

Hmm, guess I was wrong with my first post, hahaha.

(May. 03, 2011  3:08 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: but from what people started sayin it seemed that winning a tournament is nothing special because it's just about luck.
If you're referring to me, I never said that. I said that there is an element of luck in predicting how someone will launch. You can't tell me that you can see the other person's hands the entire time through their launch.

Small things like a last second flick of the wrist is something I doubt you'd always be noticing.
wait, saying there is no luck is wrong, i agree.
I do NOT agree with "Whatever you say but luck might be the most important fact for a Bey match"
Personally, I think luck has to be involved, otherwise the game would be veey boring. Without luck, the best combo would always win in a battle. If that were trie, then people would just try to always build a combo that would beat the opponent-and the outcome would already be decided. Not very fun is it, when you automaticaly know who will win a beybattle. Without luck, this would be a dead sport
Personally, I think luck has to be involved, otherwise the game would be veey boring. Without luck, the best combo would always win in a battle. If that were trie, then people would just try to always build a combo that would beat the opponent-and the outcome would already be decided. Not very fun is it, when you automaticaly know who will win a beybattle. Without luck, this would be a dead sport
Yamislayer- I am not saying that luck is the only factor that affects things related to beyblade. Nor do I mean that winning tourneys means being the luckiest bladers. This thread is just about how luck can actually turn the tables at times. Some skilled bladers like you just tear it away, but think if your skill just backfired when it shouldn't have? That will mean luck for the other one.
I'll edit the OP.
uhm, excuse me, but i don't get a thing: "without luck, the best combo would always win"
well, i believe that without luck, the best PLAYER would always win.
assume we both play the same combo, but without luck you win 3-0 over me.
also there isn't an absolute best combo (don't come up with basalt discussion, which is quite recent)

i agree with luck occurring and turning the tables sometimes, but we can also say that if you're better than your opponent, maybe he will get one victory by luck, but meh, losing 3 matches in a row just by luck is nearly impossible.
(May. 03, 2011  3:11 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: wait, saying there is no luck is wrong, i agree.
I do NOT agree with "Whatever you say but luck might be the most important fact for a Bey match"
True, it is never important. Because it is a factor that has no human control. We can rely on skills and combos, but not on luck. Sometimes, weird things can happen due to a number of factors. Like someone losing grip on their launcher, changing the way the bey would react.
That's what the thread is about! How the best combo, and the best player are defeated due the factor luck! I am not trying to annoy in any way, but this is what I actually meant while making this thread.
Yeah, the original wording in the OP wasn't the best. As you did say it was a major factor, but it is good that you edited it.
Yeah, I just realized that, thanks to Yamislayer. Though, as we are talking about luck, I'll post a vid to show what luck has done for the world. Not related to beyblade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h62DoEfFtR0
well, having luck on my side, to beat the best player using the best combo means that our skill level is not too diffferent, and maybe luck occurs when we're 2-2 and makes me win a match.

also, with double elimination systems we managed to eliminate this fact.
it can happen that luck makes a good player once, but with double elimination losing the tournament just by luck means it has to be your unlucky day
the chance you will be lucky in a bb match for me its like 10% ( misthrows )
of topic>> "mouth drops from vid"
well, we will all agree that there are some matchups that don't really involve luck (just think earth 145 sd vs earth 145 b)
Yes, luck is a factor, that completely defies all other things. No one knows when it will work out, but we all know when and where is it actually required. The example given above my Yamislayer shows a match up that requires no luck. So, even if luck does its magic, we will not know!
Luck shouldn't be considered since you can't control that. Just focus on how not to lose.
True, but we must remember that there is something called luck that plays an important part at times, and we must consider it then.