Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
Lets imagine, for arguments sake, that Basalt was never released. MF-H Libra BD145CS/MB would dominate the defense metagame, and 230 would have still made a pretty large splash in the stamina world. In the case of attack, however, the timeline could go two ways-- attack combos staying relatively the same (why change or expand on something that works), or previously game breaking combos such as MF LLDBD145LRF and MF MLDCH120XF still remaining relatively at large.

Then with the new 4D system, wheels and tracks such as Fang, Beat, Vari Ares, Scythe, and TH170 would be considered so overpowered that quite possibly one of them would end up being banned (Scythe,TH170).

As I think Deikailo said, TT has been reluctant to release a wheel that even comes close to touching Basalt in terms of weight. And even if they did, that wheel would quickly become the new "Basalt", and met with similar disdain.

There is no way we can remove what Basalt did to the metagame, as there are now viable alternatives to this wheel, so my vote goes to restricting it. Basalt can only be used on tracks 100-145 height, and never with BD145. All that can be done now is chain Basalt down, and thank it for the memories.
(Aug. 16, 2011  12:07 AM)MarcoThePhoenix Wrote: Basically, Temporal and most of the other bladers against basalt are saying that Basalt will be the apocalypse of beyblade due to lack in diversity and a lower victory rate for those who go against it, but like all parts Basalt will eventually be outclassed and therefor obsolete so there will be no point to banning it once 4D beys become the popular bey of choice and then once another "Unbeatable' part comes out it'll be banned and then the next one and the next one. We might as well ban every part that is or is better than basalt, and another point is that Basalt will just trigger an "Evolution" in bladers in which we adapt and adjust ourselves accordingly by finding new ways to defeat basalt, banning it would put that to a complete and utter standstill and then beyblade will become boring due to the lack of change and variety in bladers, because variety in beyblade is pointless without a variety in bladers.
This is why you are supposed to take points at face value, not put words in people's mouths. At least say that is what you hear so others can clarify. You severely misinterpreted, and beyond that, were wrong. Basalt should be banned for the same reasons that Libra was banned. The metagame became "Beat Basalt", not "Play Beyblade competitively". It is not unbeatable, it is overpowered. Basalt will not be outclassed any time soon. It is simply too heavy and round. Remember when I mentioned the "spinning brick" thing when Basalt was first released? Well, that turned out to be relatively true. Weight combos spin for an insane amount of time for a defensive combo, and still withstand KOs. Basalt is near the best in Stamina, and is the best in Defense. The issue isn't Basalt's ability to lose, it is it's ability to win. It wins against too many wheels that we'd normally say are good. Who uses Burn any more? We have Basalt for that. Who uses Earth? Earth? Earth is trash. Basalt. What about Leone? Hah, I'm not dumb, what will I KO with Leone, everyone uses Basalt now. And show me results saying that these wheels beat Basalt before saying I'm wrong here. The tournaments don't lie. Basalt is overpowered.

Now, no Basalt.
Earth? Hell no, I have Libra, but I lose sometimes. If I don't use Libra, then I have Eartha and RS.
Burn, of course I'll use Burn! Well, until I get Scythe, at least.
Hah, Leone has a load of Smash, so I'll slap a MF on it. The Italians win very often with this combo. (Now I just need to do that Sliding Shoot.)

I think members are misunderstanding here. The Basalt ban would be TEMPORARY. Until the metagame catches up, like with Libra.
I find it odd that a lot of people want to ban the Basalt wheel in it's entirety. I would much rather prefer CERTAIN COMBOS being banned.

Let us compare.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 145CS isn't overpowered, it it still KO-able, due to the fact that there is no BD145. BD145 is the problem here in the metagame in certain combinations. I'm not saying ban BD145, dear God no, but certain combinations instead.. Don't deny it, MF-H Basalt ___ BD145CS/MB is dominating the metagame. Things like Basalt on BD145CS should be banned, due to the fact that they are extremely hard to beat.

I've never been up against a Basalt BD145CS combos, so I can't say much, but what I see it as it a challenge. You have in many hobbies something that comes along and totally dominates. Eventually something comes along and kills it yeah, but it still is beatable. With that being said, I think this certain combo should PUSH people to blade better, and not just use a good combo to beat it. Mastering certain combos is the key here.

I haz spoken c:

(Aug. 15, 2011  10:28 AM)Flame Aries Wrote:
Look at this. (Click to View)
Has no one consider this, Seriously read this, Please!!! And give me your thoughts on this.....

Sure, but what happens when too many people fail and simply go "Well, since I can't BEAT it, I'll just USE it."?
(Aug. 16, 2011  1:21 AM)Flame Aries Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  10:28 AM)Flame Aries Wrote:
Look at this. (Click to View)
Has no one consider this, Seriously read this, Please!!! And give me your thoughts on this.....

Counters are not enough. If they are intended as a replacement for Basalt, the by all means, test. But if they are counters, they all seem like they'll be useless in a competitive situation except against Basalt, which makes them kinda pointless. Too many counters makes Beyblade a guessing game. Besides, if you wait too long, someone'll just think "Oh, he's using a counter", and use Lightning L-Drago BD145RF.
Basalt is overpowered and attacks do struggle with it. But im looking foward to phantom orion B : D because the bottom of B : D is shaped like a WD. That means it wont have much off a balance issue that all stamina types show ( even beys like kerbecs and scythe show it). Since phantom has a ridiculous spin time of 7 mins, its looking good. Unfortunatetly, the height of B : D is around 145 to 170, but let see how it does...
That would be more of a time to consider bringing it back, though.
The thing is there is probably a combo out there that can easily defeat basalt and once it becomes known more combos will be born from it creating a whole new variety in beys. Soon after that people will forget about using basalt and then everything will balance itself out to some degree. I'm not saying that we should just entirely drop the issue but we should instead create a limitation to the use of the basalt wheel. Assuming that all of this happens, we can focus on preventing other parts such as Scythe or Beat from getting into the same position as Basalt and become a problem once they are easily available in the us. I have realized that it may not make sense to some of you but I think that this may actually be a good solution to the problem at hand even though it requires some patience, and if this doesn't seem like something that is worth trying then go ahead and ban basalt because I'm tired of making a fool of myself if I cant contribute.
If we compare this to the ban on Libra, then this is something different entirly. Libra was, at it's time, un-contested as a part. Very few attack combos combos could even win agianst it simply because attack types werent developed enough at the time. Libra was un-banned months later because as time passed, numeruos new parts were introduced, and many have were incoperated into attack combos.

Now we have basalt, one of the heaviest metal wheels in existance, and is superior to that of Libra. However attack types have evolved even more now. Wheels such as Blitz have come into the light, and with the testing done so far, we can see that there are beys in the same leauge as basalt. I will not name all of the new wheels and combos, but it is clear that banning Basalt would only disrupt the metagame.

As for putting restrictions on basalt, I am iffy on this. If we HAD to, I would restrict the use of MFs, 230 and BD145. if we did, which I am not saying we should or should not, then this would only be temporary.
(Aug. 16, 2011  1:49 AM)MarcoThePhoenix Wrote: The thing is there is probably a combo out there that can easily defeat basalt and once it becomes known more combos will be born from it creating a whole new variety in beys. Soon after that people will forget about using basalt and then everything will balance itself out to some degree. I'm not saying that we should just entirely drop the issue but we should instead create a limitation to the use of the basalt wheel. Assuming that all of this happens, we can focus on preventing other parts such as Scythe or Beat from getting into the same position as Basalt and become a problem once they are easily available in the us. I have realized that it may not make sense to some of you but I think that this may actually be a good solution to the problem at hand even though it requires some patience, and if this doesn't seem like something that is worth trying then go ahead and ban basalt because I'm tired of making a fool of myself if I cant contribute.
At first look, this sound like a good idea, but then think about what you're saying. You want to beat Basalt with a overpowered combo, then have everyone jump ship to this new combo, and we have the same problem. This is a good idea, but can it be executed well? Not while accommodating people without an amazing launch. Besides, basalt is the easiest to use part since 10bbistool. Except 10bbistool didn't dominate, it was simply a safe combo.
MarcoThePhoenix
See, now that theory would apply to plastics perfectly. However MFB is more predicatable and formulatic, so I'm not sure if that would actually work.
@ Temporal
I figured that and maybe you right, but I didn't Say that is was only a counter to Basalt. My highest hopes are on Bakushin as I said before. It has low recoil because it has no gaps, has good defense capabilities(at least the way I use it) and can even destabilize as is has a similar to rock(which I heard has good destabilize abilities). Although, that might not work against MF-H Basalt_____ BD145 MB/CS.

I'll go to The Problem's house tomorrow to do some testing, as I recently learn he has a TT Attack Type Stadium and hopefully get good results.

My point is that we should take a look at the past and see if we overlooked anything and try to bring it back now.

Look into the past to try to see into the future.
My thing about Basalt is, nothing is wrong with it. It is probably BD145,230,and GB145. It should be restricted in some cases but I belive should not be banned entirely.
That's true but I think that we would be smart enought to excute this plan with trial and error because tgats how experements work but I think that it should be a combo that can be beaten by something that was beaten by basalt kindof like a rock paper scissor thing that way nobody becomes overpowered like in rockpaper scissors. There wont ve a priblem then we just need a few bladers who have the time for this
Did anybody pay attention to my post? I'm going to use trial and error to find the perfectly safe combo speacialized in defeating Basalt and just that. MarcoThePhoenix. My best attack types and all that vs. the soon to be mine Basalt Horoguim.
(Aug. 16, 2011  2:07 AM)Flame Aries Wrote: @ Temporal
I figured that and maybe you right, but I didn't Say that is was only a counter to Basalt. My highest hopes are on Bakushin as I said before. It has low recoil because it has no gaps, has good defense capabilities(at least the way I use it) and can even destabilize as is has a similar to rock(which I heard has good destabilize abilities). Although, that might not work against MF-H Basalt_____ BD145 MB/CS.

I'll go to The Problem's house tomorrow to do some testing, as I recently learn he has a TT Attack Type Stadium and hopefully get good results.

My point is that we should take a look at the past and see if we overlooked anything and try to bring it back now.

Look into the past to try to see into the future.

Testing on the Bakushin wheel is fairly limited, which is sad because of the potential it has. But what you said about it does make some sense, could Bakushin actualy beat Basalt? However, we would need to apply this theory to find out for sure.
I have a Bakushin. I can tell you that it isn't just another average wheel, it has some great potential. I would really LOVE to see some testing on it. When MM's are furthermore released in the US, I shall do this - MF-H Bakushin ___ BD145CS vs MF-H Basalt ___ BD145CS
WE SHALL SEE IF BAKUSHIN HAS POTENTIAL! I am certain it is a great wheel, but I haven't found the right combo for it yet..
@ LeonTempestXIII
Thanks for having some hope. Bakushin, Divine, and Mercury are my hopes as they are the lost wheels as I call them and I'm even looking for tracks that's been lost into the past. I think this project is worth a try as people are really patient about the of B: D. If this doesn't work, all we can do is wait to see what the future has in store for us.....

You too, Raigeko13!!! Let's make this work!!!!!

Also, if anyone else wants to help with this, feel free to try. Smile
Divine is bad. Confused
So that leaves us with Bakushin and Mercury... AIKJDWNIHNKXZ
Damn it lol. Mercury I don't know enough about... Time to go searching around o:
(Aug. 16, 2011  2:52 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Divine is bad. Confused
So that leaves us with Bakushin and Mercury... AIKJDWNIHNKXZ
Damn it lol. Mercury I don't know enough about... Time to go searching around Gasp
Really, I thought it was good for attack.... too bad. Well, just as you said, this leave us with Bakushin and Mercury, and I don't think The Problem has Mercury and I don't have it, So, can anyone do tests with this?

Also, there could be lost tracks out there, but I'm not really knowledgeable about them, so I better study up.... and if anyone has any ideas, post a list. REMEMBER, Lost parts are not outclassed parts, but parts that haven't been tested deeply enough, as I gave them this definition. Heh.
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:47 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: You're a selfish jerk who's very conceited. The majority of players are children! They want to play for fun. This is a kids game. GET THAT IN YOUR THICK SKULL ALREADY. Your attitude is way too serious for this CHILDREN'S GAME.
Yo, step off. Spin-Sonic is one of the LEAST selfish bladers in the community.
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:47 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Okay then the majority don't use them then.
Then maybe the majority should use them. As of late, many of our high ranking bladers have been using attack types competitively. Our use of it may cost us some wins and points initially, yes, but in the long run, it's much more fun, speeds up tournaments, and I like using attack types because you can really alter the outcome of the match by shooting differently.

Ever since the older crowd has switched to attack, I've noticed that the younger kids have been trying to do the same. In New York, we've been helping each other in between matches with combos and techniques. We also encourage kids to read the boards. Through that, they've had a lot of success with attack types. BD145 based attack combos really help balance the game against Basalt.
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:58 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I'm not mad you're just incredibly stubborn.

Fixed. :B Bugged me quite a bit that did.

(Aug. 15, 2011  7:58 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: You're a selfish jerk if you think that just because part of one country can beat something when everyone else can't that everyone else should change. This is clearly wrong. Basalt is not fine. It's overpowered and dominates two types. This needs to be changed.
Not necessarily. Consider Basalt a challenge.

(Aug. 15, 2011  7:58 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Oh well if it gets banned I'm gonna laugh in your face.
Fixed. :B That bugged me too lololol.
And I detect that you are potentially mad? UMADBRO?
In all seriousness, that was quite a harsh comment Ultrablader.

BACK ONTO MERCURY
I looked up testing results, and I got like nothing. God, if I had the cash I'd soooo test the hell out of Mercury.
I know, man. We could be on a lead to saving Basalt from get banned through it's demise. Lol
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:22 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Not necessarily. Consider Basalt a challenge.

This, this sooo much! Basalt IS a challenge, it's the bar that has been set and banning that would take away the challenge, IMO. Skill can beat basalt, and that is more than enough...
Basically, what i'm reading is that bladers are saying the basalt wheel should be banned because it's harder for attack types to KO it.If that's the case just get stronger.Plus, if basalt is so strong why not put it against the temp. banned Libra wheel?Technically i'm saying that basalt shouldn't be banned.