Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:41 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:33 PM)taz465 Wrote: No guys we can't ban this. Please, some of us rely on basalt... It's is my only good bey and I bet the same for alot other people. Yes I no it's dominates tournaments but something has to beable to beat it like at least wait for phantom Orion to come out and see how that against it. So hear me out people.... Just wait and see and do lots of testing. (:

Instead of relying on whaty part that breaks the metagame practise and get other parts. We are not waiting a month and a half for when Phantom Orion is released. Honestly your reasoning is very selfish.
How about instead of me getting parts how about u get a basalt. Plus I'm sure with some testing of phantom Orion might be able to get it to out spin basalt
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:43 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:40 PM)HollowPerseus Wrote: Another reason.^ You don't need skill to win with a Basalt Combo. There's already been enough testing on it, and it is overpowered. But I don't care. What I used to see is Basalt is just in Obstacle that Attack type bladers will have to overcome. But I'm on Temporals side. Ban it. It kills the Fun.

So you don't care that it's overpowered but you still want it banned? Contradicting much? No one bloody uses attack types in tourneys.

Wrong. Bluezee, Deikailo, Ikmv, Cye, Dan, and many more use attack types. Hell, the whole Maryland community does. Even I use them nd I REALLY dont lke them. Maybe yu or others cnt do it right bt we can.
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:44 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:21 PM)Temporal Wrote: I don't see it as a handicap. I see it as allowing other combos to win. As of now, the metagame is "Beat Basalt or lose the tournament", and not many people here can. Because of that, people are more likely to use Basalt themselves to have the same success. I can say with fair certainty that once Twisted Tempo becomes widely available, there will be an insane increase in Basalt winning tournaments. As for saying that we shouldn't oblige to the 75% because it is a competitive atmosphere, I realize this, but why can't the game still be fun? When you have one combo that can win, and a bunch of tiny ones that topple it, that still requires vast knowledge and a near perfect launch, where is the fun?

This whole post implies EXACTLY what the issue is here. Yu, and others tht are complaining want/need a handicap becuse you cant perform and/or dont hve the skll to beat Basalt. That is your issue. Deikailo posted great points! If you knew bettr, yu wuld do better. Beyblade is not ment to tend to the needs of those who cnt do something tht isnt all tht hrd in the first place. Stop crying and train. If all yu look for is fun with no cmpetetion, free play. Otherwise, get out.

You're a selfish jerk who's very conceited. The majority of players are children! They want to play for fun. This is a kids game. GET THAT IN YOUR THICK SKULL ALREADY. Your attitude is way too serious for this CHILDREN'S GAME.
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:46 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:40 PM)HollowPerseus Wrote: Another reason.^ You don't need skill to win with a Basalt Combo. There's already been enough testing on it, and it is overpowered. But I don't care. What I used to see is Basalt is just in Obstacle that Attack type bladers will have to overcome. But I'm on Temporals side. Ban it. It kills the Fun.

So you don't care that it's overpowered but you still want it banned? Contradicting much? No one bloody uses attack types in tourneys.

Wrong. Bluezee, Deikailo, Ikmv, Cye, Dan, and many more use attack types. Hell, the whole Maryland community does. Even I use them nd I REALLY dont lke them. Maybe yu or others cnt do it right bt we can.

Okay then the majority don't use them then.
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:45 PM)taz465 Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:41 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:33 PM)taz465 Wrote: No guys we can't ban this. Please, some of us rely on basalt... It's is my only good bey and I bet the same for alot other people. Yes I no it's dominates tournaments but something has to beable to beat it like at least wait for phantom Orion to come out and see how that against it. So hear me out people.... Just wait and see and do lots of testing. (:

Instead of relying on whaty part that breaks the metagame practise and get other parts. We are not waiting a month and a half for when Phantom Orion is released. Honestly your reasoning is very selfish.
How about instead of me getting parts how about u get a basalt. Plus I'm sure with some testing of phantom Orion might be able to get it to out spin basalt

I already own one. You're sure? Pure speculation with no proof.

My fault I edited it the contradiction was by accident.
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:47 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:44 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  7:21 PM)Temporal Wrote: I don't see it as a handicap. I see it as allowing other combos to win. As of now, the metagame is "Beat Basalt or lose the tournament", and not many people here can. Because of that, people are more likely to use Basalt themselves to have the same success. I can say with fair certainty that once Twisted Tempo becomes widely available, there will be an insane increase in Basalt winning tournaments. As for saying that we shouldn't oblige to the 75% because it is a competitive atmosphere, I realize this, but why can't the game still be fun? When you have one combo that can win, and a bunch of tiny ones that topple it, that still requires vast knowledge and a near perfect launch, where is the fun?

This whole post implies EXACTLY what the issue is here. Yu, and others tht are complaining want/need a handicap becuse you cant perform and/or dont hve the skll to beat Basalt. That is your issue. Deikailo posted great points! If you knew bettr, yu wuld do better. Beyblade is not ment to tend to the needs of those who cnt do something tht isnt all tht hrd in the first place. Stop crying and train. If all yu look for is fun with no cmpetetion, free play. Otherwise, get out.

You're a selfish jerk who's very conceited. The majority of players are children! They want to play for fun. This is a kids game. GET THAT IN YOUR THICK SKULL ALREADY. Your attitude is way too serious for this CHILDREN'S GAME.

LOL, so I take it you're mad? So let me hlp yu. This is a COMPETITIVE Beyblade Community. If yu cant handle that, maybe ths isnt the plce for yu. Stop cmplaining and train othrwise, get ovr it. Basalt is fine. Its the plyers that need to chnge. CHILDREN 6+ on the East Coast can beat Basalt. Why cnt you nd the rest of the people complaining about it? Laziness shuld not dtermne wht shuld be changed in the metagame which is for COMPETITVE, who also enjoy the fun, players, not just ones who play for fun and fun alone.
sadly, I do not have a basalt wheel, but when I get my hands on it, I'm gonna use it for testing and desplay ONLY! basalt may be domonating, but we just have to keep on testing! slightly off-topic: can anyone please test MF Gravity Perseus CH120 CS against a few basalt combos? (back on topic) anyway, I sereously think we need to do a lot more testing on basalt, and try targeting it's weak points. staircase of death makes it wobble a little, so just smash it head-on, and It might fall over. maybe MF LLD TH170 MF/R2F in 220 mode? or 195... I know that lightning is STILL the best attack wheel in the metagame, but any combos using it are too low, and only the clear wheel hits basalt. we just have to get lightning high enough for it to be metal-on-metal contact...

(btw, if this is a bad post, I'll delete it. I thought I was good at beyblade, but not untill I met you guys! Smile you make me want to train harder, and beyhunt 24/7!)
I'm not mad your just incredibly stubborn. You're a selfish jerk if you think that just because part of one country can beat something when everyone else can't that everyone else should change. This is clearly wrong. Basalt is not fine. It's overpowered and dominates two types. This needs to be changed. Oh well if it gets banned i'm gonna laugh in your face.
I agree with spin sonic, good post m8
You guys should continue this talk in PM if your going to keep complaining.
The problem with basalt isn't that its "unbeatable" it that it takes no skill to use effectively. And just because it is defeatable doesn't mean its easy to beat. It seriously needs to be restricted to certain parts or with a weight limit or just banned altogether. That fact that an inexperienced blader can use it and pose a threat to veterans means that something has to be changed =/
I agree with Ultrablader. This game called beyblade is for fun and for kids. Think of ut, the asia wbba and hasbro said 13 or younger for the world tourney. Beyblade was made for fun. Hell, alot of new ppl in MD had alot of fun even though they lost the whole tourney. Someone like u has no respect for beyblade even those who takes it seriously also. Smile
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:06 PM)Arctic Wrote: The problem with basalt isn't that its "unbeatable" it that it takes no skill to use effectively. And just because it is defeatable doesn't mean its easy to beat. It seriously needs to be restricted to certain parts or with a weight limit or just banned altogether. That fact that an inexperienced blader can use it and pose a threat to veterans means that something has to be changed =/
IMO, this is exactly what most of you need to realize. To me, this is a cold dose of realism. I'm one of the worst competitive players I've ever seen, and I could more than likely win with a Basalt combo.
EDIT: Ugh, I see why I didn't want to post in here.
I fink it's good to keep basalt and twisted wheel because then it give unexperience a chance to win
Your forgetting that we have a lot of other good wheels that are good to,what were trying to prevent is the overuse of Basalt.
That's why we should wait for phantom Orion to come out
I don't think so i mean LLD Beat and Blitz have average to good win rates against basalt I mean it's great but not as groundbreaking as libra was, not to say its not gamebreaking
I think that the basalt wheel should not be allowed to be used with certain parts. And its not necessarily unbeatable but just requires proper skill any bey can win with proper use so consider it a challenge to test your skills
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:09 PM)taz465 Wrote: I fink it's good to keep basalt and twisted wheel because then it give unexperience a chance to win

So why should i practice for hours perfecting my shot just to have some little kid who just found out about beyblade use basalt and win. We shouldn't have to give inexperienced bladers a chance they should practice work hard and learn from mistakes like the rest of us.

No basalt means that inexperienced balders have to practice and get good over time like the rest of us.
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:15 PM)taz465 Wrote: That's why we should wait for phantom Orion to come out

We're not waiting a month and a half for that dude.
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:26 PM)Arctic Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:09 PM)taz465 Wrote: I fink it's good to keep basalt and twisted wheel because then it give unexperience a chance to win

So why should i practice for hours perfecting my shot just to have some little kid who just found out about beyblade use basalt and win. We shouldn't have to give inexperienced bladers a chance they should practice work hard and learn from mistakes like the rest of us.

No basalt means that inexperienced balders have to practice and get good over time like the rest of us.

Well I'm sure if an inexperience blader got a basalt I'm sure u can. So stop complining and man up about it

Yea but if you beat basalt with practice then you'll teach that blader that he can't win just by using an "unbeatable" fusion wheel but they need to work hard to win so its more of a way of teaching new bladers than giving them a chance to win
Long Quote
In other words, it doesn't affect you, so screw everyone else, this is what you are saying. Dude, get over yourself. I can beat Basalt, but this isn't about me, you, or Deikailo. It is about the COMMUNITY, in case you have forgotten. Many of those who ca beat Basalt still want it banned, like Kei for example, whom, by the way, started this idea. No, laziness shouldn't determine what is changed, things should change due to the results. And the results say that Basalt is way overpowered. With Twisted Tempo coming out, Basalt will be spammed beyond belief. It is really not a good idea to leave other members who don't hav an immaculate shot to dry because you do. It is simply not fair. If we do that, what is the difference between the WBO and Hasbro tournaments? They limit due to age, and it seems that you want to limit due to ability.
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:29 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:15 PM)taz465 Wrote: That's why we should wait for phantom Orion to come out

Well that's ur problem u can wait for other beys, or get practicing
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:30 PM)MarcoThePhoenix Wrote:

Yea but if you beat basalt with practice then you'll teach that blader that he can't win just by using an "unbeatable" fusion wheel but they need to work hard to win so its more of a way of teaching new bladers than giving them a chance to win
Except, Basalt wins nearly everything, and that is the problem. They are not learning, they are being led to believe that all you have to do is use Basalt, which is true at this point.

(Aug. 15, 2011  8:31 PM)taz465 Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  8:29 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:

Well that's ur problem u can wait for other beys, or get practicing

This is one of the dumbest posts here. The point is, we can't sit on a decision for a month and a half, WHICH HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE, to wait on something that will likely make Basalt even more overpowered. At this point, we have established that you don't really know what is going on here, so please read the thread.
I fink that all u guys are worried about being beaten by and inexperience kid because that's what it sounds like