Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:37 AM)chrisfire360 Wrote: sooner or later people will learn to use attack types at high levels

Quote:many people didn't/don't have a takara attack stadium to practice attack types correctly

if there stadium doesn't allow them to increase their skill then they wont...

many people, do not have the means to get a attack stadium you know
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:37 AM)chrisfire360 Wrote: sooner or later people will learn to use attack types at high levels

Not really. Skill vs. a broken part. The broken part wins all of the time.
Has anyone come up with an attack combo with blitz wheel to beat basalt?
Not necessarily.
Another tier vs skill bout.
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:45 AM)BigBangSoda145 Wrote: Has anyone come up with an attack combo with blitz wheel to beat basalt?

...This is EXACTLY WHY THIS THREAD STARTED IN THE ADVANCED FORUM. If you don't have an educated opinion, and all you have is a simple question you can get answered in the BLITZ THREAD, do not post.
i agree with what your saying but there is still more attack wheels, stamina wheels and defence wheels to come. i mean i dont think we should ban basalt NOW but latter when more beblades come out then you should make you decision

People here are using atk since 1999, and yet still no progress in confidence.
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:49 AM)chrisfire360 Wrote: i agree with what your saying but there is still more attack wheels, stamina wheels and defence wheels to come. i mean i dont think we should ban basalt NOW but latter when more beblades come out then you should make you decision

Well basalt is dominant now, and you can't predict the future; so it needs to be decided in the now time frame.
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:49 AM)chrisfire360 Wrote: i agree with what your saying but there is still more attack wheels, stamina wheels and defence wheels to come. i mean i dont think we should ban basalt NOW but latter when more beblades come out then you should make you decision

That makes no sense. I say ban it now, then wait until B:D or some other part comes along to benefit Attack to the point where it would be safe to re-introduce it. Like Libra.
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:51 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:

Well basalt is dominant now, and you can't predict the future; so it needs to be decided in the now time frame.
i'm not predicting the future, Im saying there will be more beyblades to come and you never now how they preform, great or bad
That's not the point. Why ban something in the future, when it dominates now?
I would also like to bring up the fact that if basalt is banned , Right spin attack will do really well due to the fact that the top right spin attack wheels out ATM can KO Earth/Libra on RS , and left spin has problems due to the weak launch technique , so right spin would then become the main form of attack IMO.
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:36 AM)RustyXD Wrote: The thing is not many people use attack types because they are to risky in a tournament situation. If basalt is banned the metagame won't be attack orientated.

I agree with that completely. I and many others dont know how to control attack tips like R2F and XF well and since they are not under control..we dont rely on the attackers to fetch us wins..it only happens by chance..that was the reason why my tournament was fully LTSC and stamina dominated...just 1 used LLD.

Secondly..Basalt can be destabilized easier than other stamina wheels like others said..so that will only make destabilizers a part of the metagame IMO(I am not too sure about this but I have gotten good results of destabilizer against Basalt 145 combos).

So I feel that we dont ban it fully..restrictions on its use are okay though.

I would say for instance that we cant use Basalt with heavy tracks like BD 145 or R145 or we cant use it with completely rubber bottoms like RS and RSF
(Aug. 14, 2011  6:37 AM)SAM10795 Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:36 AM)RustyXD Wrote: The thing is not many people use attack types because they are to risky in a tournament situation. If basalt is banned the metagame won't be attack orientated.

Secondly..Basalt can be destabilized easier than other stamina wheels like others said..so that will only make destabilizers a part of the metagame IMO(I am not too sure about this but I have gotten good results of destabilizer against Basalt 145 combos).

Basalt is usually used with BD145/230/TH170 and those tracks prevent destabilization. Also destabilizers are useless in a tournament situation due to most stamina combos using BD145 or 230 , they get KO'ed real easy and OS by CS combos.
Not really. You forget that Basalt isn't only used for Defense. Actually, Basalt was the part that finally squashed Destabilizers. Besides, the weight is the issue with Basalt, and there's not much difference between MF-H Libra BD145MB and The same combo with Basalt. You all act like CS won't work with Libra or something, while it should work VERY well, seeing as the weight is all on the outside.

EDIT: Beaten by Rusty, but his last post contradicts his other one.
Yeah it kind of does , but I meant that Right spin attack will have almost nothing to challenge it , but I no that it wont win tournaments or anything like that as it says why in the post I wrote that SAM Quoted. Libra does OK with CS I mean it will work but not as well as basalt and most attack customs gets about 50% against Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS so against Libra I would imagine about a 70% win rate.
More like 60%. I doubt that a 6-7 gram difference would do THAT much, especially with Libra having it's weight distributed the way it is.
Ok heres my take on it, Basalt is slightly overpowered, but MANY combos have been made to beat it, AND TT made the Spiral Staircase of death in it so it wouldent be unbeatable, so is there really any reason to ban it? I mean not that many people even have the basalt wheel in the US yet so lots see what the Hasbro one is like before we do anything rash.
You have not seen the results Basalt gets in tournaments, obviously. Theory alone does not cut it. Plus, there are not "many combos" that can beat it. I've said it about fifty times, and people won't listen. Basalt easily made many great wheels outclassed instantly. Leone, Sagittario, Vulcan, Virgo, Earth, Libra, Burn, most 85 combos, if not all of them. Meteo isn't doing as well. Too many good wheels hit the dirt because of Basalt. Banning it would open the metagame until more Basalt-level parts are released.
I just want to get this valid point to attention:
ikmv Wrote:With the release of Basalt from Hasbro. Alot more people will have access to this wheel and i think alot more effort in finding counters for it.

I think its best we wait for about a month or two, for Hasbro to release Twisted Tempo worldwide. But, currently banning Basalt would be good for the game.
but,
Since we have really advanced in our Attack shooting trying to beat Basalt, I have a feeling VariAres and Beat might also become overpowered.
It's about time someone actually pointed this out. But this could also have the inverse effect. With Twisted, many would simply take the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach, and the Basalt issue would only be magnified.
But really, unless some more super awesome parts like B: D come out, what haven't we tested that can consistently (80%+) beat Basalt combos such as MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS ?

Simply put, noobs can easily use this. Other noobs won't know how to beat it unless they too use it. Thus the spamming of Basalt ...
And it only gets bigger when all combos require Basalt or you need to be experienced at using attack types (which not many people are).
I completely agree with Temporal...here as well..just because Earth Eagle had become almost unbeatable everyone now strives for getting it..no one looks out for LLD or any other attack part..they just use stamina to win games..and since I cant control attackers very well I had to join in too with my Basalt's stamina customization.
(Aug. 14, 2011  8:10 AM)Temporal Wrote: It's about time someone actually pointed this out. But this could also have the inverse effect. With Twisted, many would simply take the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach, and the Basalt issue would only be magnified.

Then, if that happens we would then obviously ban Basalt.

(Aug. 14, 2011  8:14 AM)blah Wrote: But really, unless some more super awesome parts like B: D come out, what haven't we tested that can consistently (80%+) beat Basalt combos such as MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS ?

Simply put, noobs can easily use this. Other noobs won't know how to beat it unless they too use it. Thus the spamming of Basalt ...
And it only gets bigger when all combos require Basalt or you need to be experienced at using attack types (which not many people are).

We will not accept invalid test results from newbies, I was talking about the good members who stick with Hasbro, like lord wolfblade.
But at this point, the WBO is mainly populated with newbies. With Basalt around, they have no choice but to use it, or else they simply do not win. This goes for some moderately experienced members too. As a result, the metagame is absolutely skewed to "Beat Basalt, and you normally place 1st or 2nd. If not, too bad, Basalt wins yet another tournament."