Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
well i don't have the Basalt and if it's as powerfull as you say i think it will just be more fun trying to stop it and that's what beyblade is all about giving it your all and stuff like that all and all i think some game should let you play with it and some should't
*Sort of off topic* Hasbro banned Basalt at the regional qualifiers, mainly because it's a Takara Tomy with a MF-H... *Taking a Devil's advocate role here* Fair? In a sense, due to the fact that it is powered towards stamina + defense beys. Unfair? Hasbro specifically said no Takara Tomy's, though, the American version is "Twisted Tempo", and he called it a "Twisted Leone"...

Personally, I think because of Basalt's weight, I think it should be restricted to certain parts (No Metal Faces) mainly for weight advantages/ disadvantages. Hasbro stadiums are powered for defense and stamina, whereas attack stadiums (BB-10) can win against Basalt. In Hasbro tourneys, Basalt shouldn't be allowed with heavier parts, showing that attacks are disadvantaged. BB-10's show skill, showing that you need skill to beat Basalt...

In a nutshell, Hasbro allow with no BD145, or metal faces. BB-10, Allow with no MF-H,BD145, TH170, 230, etc.
KyubiBey

you are aware that we do not use hasbro stadiums here? and that what hasbro does is not up to us?
(Aug. 14, 2011  2:38 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: KyubiBey

you are aware that we do not use hasbro stadiums here? and that what hasbro does is not up to us?

I know, but still the ppl who compete in the regional qualifiers. I tried making a point...
Hmm... Maybe Hasbro will Carp up Basalt Horogium I mean Twisted Tempo worse making it horrible in stamina maybe even a litttle less defensive in that case we could use twisted instead of basalt if there is a Signifigant Mold Change (I can't spell today) So maybe hasbro's Evilness can be used for good I have no opion on the ban or no ban right now
1. I see why it should be banned I used Burn bull AD145 SD vs Basalt Kerbecs TH170 WD and was utterly crushed and understand it abnormal
Survival Abilities
2. I is reallly a Key Defense Piece Libra is just a bit better than earth it is either easy to crush or only medicore in my opinion I have seen LLD Lose to Earth GB145 CS and Have seen it crush it same with libra however in all my experience Have I seen a good attack bey Destroyed Completly by a defense type plus I'm biased for my frined who jusrt got basalt and people saying his combo shoulld be banned
After being at a tournament today where I could deal with most Basalt combos with Scythe Kronos BD145EDS, I think we should wait until when B:D comes out. Maybe something like Scythe Kronos B:D will be able to beat it, and that would be countered by attack types like Beat Lynx, LLD, and Gravity Perseus, recreating the balanced system we are supposed to have.
BillyBlast, it will all be the same just with a less intriguing name...
(Aug. 14, 2011  2:55 AM)Cyber Blader Wrote: After being at a tournament today where I could deal with most Basalt combos with Scythe Kronos BD145EDS.
Completely true Cyber Blader , Scythe Kronos BD145EDS takes down almost all Basalt combos. I really hoped someone would mention this.
(Aug. 14, 2011  2:55 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: BillyBlast, it will all be the same just with a less intriguing name...

Hasbro does do mold changes there is no confirmed evidence My post is a hope Look at Burn Hasbro ruined it it is slightly better than or worse than Mold 2 earth and the legend beys suck compaired to what they were design after Neither of our Post is confirmed
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:11 AM)BillyBlast Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2011  2:55 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: BillyBlast, it will all be the same just with a less intriguing name...

Hasbro does do mold changes there is no confirmed evidence My post is a hope Look at Burn Hasbro ruined it it is slightly better than or worse than Mold 2 earth and the legend beys suck compaired to what they were design after Neither of our Post is confirmed

Never noticed that thanks for the info...It's something to take into consideration opinion wise.
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:11 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Completely true Cyber Blader , Scythe Kronos BD145EDS takes down almost all Basalt combos. I really hoped someone would mention this.

Does it ? A lot of people have been saying that Scythe Kronos is inefficient against Basalt.
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:11 AM)BillyBlast Wrote: Hasbro does do mold changes there is no confirmed evidence My post is a hope Look at Burn Hasbro ruined it it is slightly better than or worse than Mold 2 earth and the legend beys suck compaired to what they were design after Neither of our Post is confirmed

the only reason why burn (all molds) are truely worse then earth is because of recoil

so? cyber and counter and infinity/thunder were all made by takara before hasbro. and the hasbro version are the same as the takara versions of those three wheels :\
so yeah

this is getting off-topic, i suggest we drop this
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:11 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Completely true Cyber Blader , Scythe Kronos BD145EDS takes down almost all Basalt combos. I really hoped someone would mention this.

Does it ? A lot of people have been saying that Scythe Kronos is inefficient against Basalt.

Yeah It does , at Bey-Freeze I went up against a lot of Basalt combos with Scythe Kronos BD145EDS and only lost to once with it.

Here are some tests out of the scythe discussion thread

MF-H Scythe Kronos BD145EDS VS Basalt Kerbecs AD145WD
Scythe Kronos - 70% (5KO, 2OS)
Basalt Kerbecs - 30% (3KO)

Scythe Kronos 230D vs Basalt Kerbecs 230D
Scythe wins 7 (2KO)
Basalt wins 8 (7KO)

Scythe Kronos (Stamina) BD145EDS vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Scythe wins 11
Basalt wins 9 (4KO)

So yeah that backs up my claim I guess.
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Honestly, Scythe does better in tournaments then in testing. When I test Scythe Kronos BD145EDS against Basalt, normally it gets 30-50%, but in a tournament, it does much better. IMO, Scythe Kronos B:D will be able to easily compete with Basalt as long as the bearings are as good as they were in the plastic generation.
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Does it ? A lot of people have been saying that Scythe Kronos is inefficient against Basalt.

It's me, so it's not definitive or anything but I faced at least 3 Basalt combos today and beat them with Scythe Chronos in the Attack Stadium. I was using Scythe Chronos BD145 EDS against Basalt BD145 and I want to say CS combos, but Kei, and/or one of the people I faced would have to confirm. I was also using Light Launcher 2 against Beylaunchers.

Edit: Gah, darn weird Japanese names "Kronos", huh?
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:21 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Here are some tests out of the scythe discussion thread

MF-H Scythe Kronos BD145EDS VS Basalt Kerbecs AD145WD
Scythe Kronos - 70% (5KO, 2OS)
Basalt Kerbecs - 30% (3KO)
that's not the dominating basalt combos though.

Quote:Scythe Kronos 230D vs Basalt Kerbecs 230D
Scythe wins 7 (2KO)
Basalt wins 8 (7KO)
that's not even BD145EDS...

Quote: Scythe Kronos (Stamina) BD145EDS vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Scythe wins 11
Basalt wins 9 (4KO)
there, this one. But depending on both users this can go either way.

iirc, in the scythe discussion topic, scythe Kronos BD145EDS lost against Basalt 230Cs.
Scythe Kronos BD145EDS's main problem with basalt is 230, which it still can beat (not as consistently as other Basalt combos, but still with a good 60-75% chance)
Yeah I did say most , not all. Although Basalt 230CS defeats almost all stamina combos anyway. I am not saying Scythe destroys Basalt , all I am saying it's on par with it.
hey how come there is no thread for banning earth, not saying there should be I was just curious, because earth is pretty good, I don't know if it is as good as basalt but it works great for me
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:32 AM)drakio Wrote: hey how come there is no thread for banning earth, not saying there should be I was just curious, because earth is pretty good, I don't know if it is as good as basalt but it works great for me

because earth was never powerful enough to be banned

for stamina it was on par with other parts (so unlike basalt, there was more diversity) and for defence it was to powerful like basalt
First of all,I say No.Why?
1.If we ban this,Attack will be too overpowered,thus,making The metagame unbalance,since now,most of the combos used are related to LLD and Basalt variable.If this is banned,its game over for stamina.Then,it will bring back The rock paper scissors metagame.Most of The Attack combos nowaday easily defeats Libra and Earth,but Basalt is a bit though.Although Basalt is The heaviest wheel now,it can be defeated by most Attack combos.
2.Next,if we ban this,we Will See boring stamina battles between attack types,which would make us see lots of Metal Flat,so that it could defeat both stamina and attack(stamina battles).So far,We should not ban this.
3.As far as I know,Basalt has uses with almost all types,from attack to stamina,since Basalt don't have much recoil,and it's round shape can destroy spin rates.
4.Next,we will need to see how much BGrin stands up to this.If BGrin can't,I guess it's up to the committe's choice and what is the results of this poll.
Thanks to <3 for making this.I can finally elaborate on my choices
(Aug. 14, 2011  3:32 AM)drakio Wrote: hey how come there is no thread for banning earth, not saying there should be I was just curious, because earth is pretty good, I don't know if it is as good as basalt but it works great for me

This is exactly why you should not be allowed to post your opinion in this topic. You just do not know what you are talking about ...

Whatzzer, read what I have posted about Attack types not necessarily dominating more if we banned Basalt ...
And I don't think waiting for B:D is a solution.

It releases in little over a month and a half, and takes a couple of weeks for it to even be frequent, let alone taking down basalt.
Whatzzer: you are like the 5th person to say that attack types will dominate:

(Aug. 13, 2011  3:48 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: if basalt is banned then attack will surely rise up again, but personally i do not think this is much of a problem

back when MF earth bull GB145RS/RSF/CS was around attack ruled, yet (in toronto at least) many people were still using low track stamina combos because they found attack to risky (because of self KOs, and many people didn't/don't have a takara attack stadium to practice attack types correctly), and IIRC lots of the tournaments had a stamina combo as first, second, or third place winners

really people, read before you post

edit: well, beaten
Well,then if the committee agrees,why not make basalt as the same case as Libra,not that I say it should be banned entirely,eternally,but why not?Ban Basalt for one month or something,then we see how the metagame has changed after Basalt is banned.If the metagame is ok,ban Basalt ENTIRELY.If not,we will have to discuss again.