Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
I'm glad more people get to share their inputs on this topic now, I was waiting to be able to put my two cents in for a couple of days now. So addressing the issue:

At first I thought that banning basalt was kind of radical, just killing off a major factor in the game right now, but then as I went through the advanced members thread I started to slowly agree with more and more points. Yes, there will always be ways to defeat basalt with certain attack combos, but that's not really the point, as advanced members pointed out, one wheel should not be the best in two different categories. This is undeniably true.
HOWEVER, we cannot ban certain combinations, because that in turn would limit the creativity and possibilities of beybladers. Some people like th!nk and hero, spend days working on a combo like Basalt Kerbecs TH170 CS. So it would kind of be a slap in the face to just ban that because it's too good. Of course it's good, they spent all that time proving it was good as did people with other combos.
So my point is we shouldn't ban basalt. It raised the bar in the beyblade game and we all need to see that the bar was raised. Newer and better parts will eventually come out, and it's up to us to find the best combos, to keep making the game changers. We have all the tools in front of us, so we just need to build a combo that can defeat these basalt combos.
It seems like there is nothing we can do about basalt dominating both stamina and defence, but again I just think we need to tough it out. Better parts WILL come out, eventually parts will get outclassed, including the basalt wheel. Banning a part like this would just make it easier for other combos to be made. But I don't it should be easy, if you're passionate about this then sometimes it has to be difficult. And that's what basalt is laying on the table.
So again in a final statement, No, I do not believe we should ban basalt. Instead, we should be continuously trying our best to keep raising that bar, beyblade release by beyblade release.
Well just because we never went to a tournament does not mean that we have never battled a basalt combo, I have battled plenty of people who use basalt tournament points don't always show experience no offence kai v
Kai-V,What else is there to expect,You guys pretty much said what everybody could in the advanced forum
and If I remember correctly there were like 80 pages
(Aug. 13, 2011  6:02 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: Kai-V,What else is there to expect,You guys pretty much said what everybody could in the advanced forum

So then why was everyone "bitching" about not being able to comment too ? I told everyone that Advanced Members should be able to consider/imagine all possible point of views otherwise we had a problem, but everyone just kept complaining about not being allowed to have a say in this.
Thats,not what I was trying to say,I was trying to say,what else is there to say anymore thats valuable or new.
Okay from a newbie point of view, I understand that this is a major decision that should be made by advance members, but I'm also glad that my point of view is at least there, that I was able to write something down in the name. Maybe someone will read it, but probably not. I'm happy that I got my two cents in. But seriously this is not the place for the conversation starting up.

Back on topic, I definitely have to go with Kai-V on a lot of the points she pointed out. There is no wishy washy decision here. It's either we should ban basalt or we shouldn't. Everything else is too complicated and unnecessary if we just did one or the other. This is definitely a black and white decision, with gray outcomes.
Are You Guy's Completly nuts!Gasp
Yes, The Basalt wheel is Extreamly Hard to beat- HOWEVER is that what we as bladers want?! I mean wheres the fun of blading then? Banning A metal wheel isnt just banning a Wheel .When its banned that also bans a bunch of other blades that have that wheel......... Even if theres a bey with basalt wheel that actualy a lot les dificult to win agenst. If we let Beys get banned ... eventualy that will be the end of beyblade .
Are you nuts?

How will Beyblade end? We still have Libra... That doesn't mean we will ban it though, it's now an obsession.

Kai-V said herself more than half of Winning Combinations are Basalts.
I think we should not ban basalt because of this point LIBRA was ONCE almost to heavy to beat BUT when the New parts came out the Libra wheel was starting to be easier to beat if that happend to libra why cant it happen to basalt?
(Aug. 13, 2011  7:27 PM)beybladewrecker Wrote: I think we should not ban basalt because of this point LIBRA was ONCE almost to heavy to beat BUT when the New parts came out the Libra wheel was starting to be easier to beat if that happend to libra why cant it happen to basalt?

This ban would also be temporary, just like with the Libra Wheel. However, at the moment, it is an issue that we cannot really just "wait out" until 'hopefully' a better part is released by TAKARA-TOMY ...
Here is my opinion: I think it would be a good idea to restrict its uses. I mean most people use it on the TH170,BD145, and 230. If Basalt is on a lower level like 85 or 90 it can be KO'd. I do admit that Basalt has become a problem in the last few months. But I think it would be a bad idea to completely ban it. The thing is attack types in general are not a problem right now. But the current top tier list for attack only lose to Basalt on the TH170, 230, and BD145. If we restrict its uses it would give the meta game a chance to evolve while Basalt it still around but not a problem because it wouldn't be on the BD145, TH170, and 230 tracks. Basalt is different from the Libra situation. Libra did need to be banned. But I believe restricting its uses would be a good idea and beneficial to the WBO and the tournament scene in general.
we just discussed the fact that we wont restrict it
me Kai-V and pepsikola all said either ban it or not
@ Dark_mousy: but if we restrict certain combos, especially the one's basalt is good with, then whats the point of having basalt in general? There would be no point in using basalt because you cant use the best combos with it. So even with that restriction it's still basically banning basalt... again, it has to be either banned or not banned.

*edit ohh H8R you ninja'd me XD
Well, we could restrict it to be used with only normal tracks from 125 and above, no BD145, no AD145, no H145 and definetly no metal faces!
Nah, I think just Banning Basalt BD145CS/MB is good enough, and Basalt isn't that good with Traditional Stamina combos with AD145.
Oh my god how many times should we say this BASALT WILL NOT BE RESTRICTED IT WILL EITHER BANNED OR NOT BANNED
(Aug. 13, 2011  8:16 PM)H8R Wrote: Oh my god how many times should we say this BASALT WILL NOT BE RESTRICTED IT WILL EITHER BANNED OR NOT BANNED

FINE THEN BAN THE CARP OUT OF IT, YEAH! Gasp
no clearly it has ruined the metal game.... its only the same use of the same combos over and over again it has made the game boring and repetitive and not only it has made nearly every part useless
OMG this whole banning thing is annoying, just put up with it and take a lost for once, just because some one has the advantage that doesn't mean take it out to level the field. I don't think any bey should be banned or temporally banned, the makers of beyblades know what they are doing, if something is unbeatable then they will come out with something to counter it so just deal with a lost, jeeze.
Here's my honest opinion, although I don't own basalt, but I do test with my mate, we have many things that can kill the 230 version like Lightning BD145, but it is very difficult to OS and KO the Basalt BD145 variants.

In the previous past Libra was banned in the past, even though things could take it out, but it was due to its weight, well Basalt is a whole lot more heavier, and also reduces spin of the opponents beys with every hit, this is why stamina beys tend to loose to this heavy weight.

Also the future release of B:D as of yet we do not know its true performance, but if it has enough grip to the stadium paired with a MF-H and a Basalt, this could be devastating.

Overall the Basalt wheel can be over come, but certain combos are harder than others, and due to the lack of beys of hasbro only users this wheel would be a real threat, in the end I believe only certain combos should be banned with the wheel, not the whole metal wheel....
I think if we ban Basalt it would cause a whole "fiasco" and we would lose alot of our members. I say we just ban the imposible to beat basalt combos.
I say don't ban it. If you can't win against it, so what? You lost fair and square because makers of beyblade wouldn't just be like, "Let's make a Fusion Wheel that will be banned!" They'll make better beyblades to stand up against it and we will find combos that stand up to it.
@ RockScorpioX: I really don't think that would happen at all. If people leave because a group decision was made to ban a wheel, then thats really immature of them.

callum: Why would we restrict the best combos with basalt? It would just make the wheel useless anyways... Then nobody would use it, so it wouldn't matter if it either got banned or restricted. Either way it's either banned or not banned, nothing in between!
It would be interesting to see how much knowledge the people who have voted to keep things the same. Personally i'm all for it since it will mean a lot more variation. I don't think attack will dominate cause very few people seem to use attack types in tournaments because they're apparantly "too risky" to use which I think is a complete load of carp if you know what you're doing.