Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
That's already been suggested and we've already told people why we can't implement that easily. Read the Advanced Forum thread again ... It's only 3 pages long.
I suggested Yami's idea as well, but not thoroughly as it wouldn't really matter because new parts will come out anyways.
no...then the only mw's left that is not restricted to bd145 is libra
Here a suggestion,how about we do beyblades and parts from a certain seasons of beyblade,
What?

Ban parts? If we do that, we are just making Basalt even stronger?
(Aug. 13, 2011  4:42 PM)♥ Wrote: That's already been suggested and we've already told people why we can't implement that easily. Read the Advanced Forum thread again ... It's only 3 pages long.
what suggestion are you talking about? I said we shouldnt ban it (read my post on page 1 please)
(Aug. 13, 2011  4:42 PM)♥ Wrote: That's already been suggested and we've already told people why we can't implement that easily. Read the Advanced Forum thread again ... It's only 3 pages long.

weird, i have been following that thread, i must of missed that post

sorry

ok, on to the fact of attack becoming to powerful

well, not only do most people not have the skill. MF-H libra BD145RSF is still a very good defence combo and it can hold its own in a battle

personally i think it should be banned for a short time or maybe just ban it from being used on BD145 and 230/TH170. though i would prefer the double metagame, it cant be implemented that easily like heart said

H8R

you obviously didn't read the threads like i said...
(Aug. 13, 2011  4:46 PM)H8R Wrote:
what suggestion are you talking about? I said we shouldnt ban it (read my post on page 1 please)

Having two separate formats. Sorry, I should have quoted.
@BBS Are,you talking to me,Thats not what I meant at all,I mean to do tournaments from different seasons.
Still, there is less confidence in Libra with most members than the satisfaction of using Basalt.

The third suggestion in the poll is best because we are letting more parts come in and go easily, without them being considered bad or mediocre because of those combos.
(Aug. 13, 2011  4:47 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: Are,you talking to me,Thats not what I meant at all,I mean to do tournament from different seasons.
That would be hard to process for the Committee, I expect...
no then i well have to change my basalt rex
I think, in addition to Yamislayer's double format idea, that Basalt should be restricted to tracks like (DF)145 and below without CS, or something along those lines. I believe that the same thing happened with Libra? DF145 and 145, and no MFs? But, either way, I believe that this might make tournaments a little more fair. That way, no one would SPAM combos like I've read they have. So, what I really mean is that there would have to be a rule about gimmicked tracks, and those above a certain height, to stop Basalt. So, you would have to use something like Basalt ___ DF145WD. Please note: even though I have not been posting in the Beyblades General and Customization forums, I have been reading, and I believe that I understand the issues as well as the next member.
This is stupid. Either make another format, or limit Basalt. Just make it so you can't use certain parts with Basalt, that's all you really need to do. Uncertain

But I still vote for another format. Smile
Well, in the Advanced Forum thread, I'd voted for the 1st option, as I couldn't post my suggestion there...
But as I can do it here, I voted for option 3.
Reason- 2nd format is better. As its a way of restricting Basalt's use, its any time better. Or, just don't change the rules. The upcoming part, B: D might find major use with Basalt, which is why we might have to consider restricting Basalt in some situations.

btw, thanks ♥ for bringing this topic here. Smile
I think basalt didn´t must be banned, because it gives counters how vari ares
I think we should put restrictions on Basalt, here are 3 of them;

1. It can only be used with MF-L, MF-M, MF-F, or a regular face, not a MF or MF-H
2. It can not be used with RS or CS
3. It can not be used with BD145 ir 230
I think that people should stop complaining about basalt and just find a way to beat it, I don't think that there should be any restrictions on beyblade because that takes away the fun, When I play its about fun not winning basalt should be left alone and should be legal. Its not unbeatable, just work harder, and have fun Grin
thank you Drakio my point exactly.
I think the idea of a second forrmat is useless because only one of the formats will be used
I say either ban It or not dont restrict its combos thats a great idea dont get me wrong but I think its irrelevant
What if Nemesis ends up being much heavier than Basalt?
Instill a weight limit?
Basalt on average weighs 47 ~ 48 grams
MF2-H approxmately 5 grams.
With a Clear wheel its another average of 3 grams...

The next heaviest wheel I can remember off the bat is about 41~42 (was it Libra or Vari? I cant remember..)
Since long ago, weight limits have always been applied(in plastics and HMS...) Wouldnt weight limits just be an easier solution to lock off certain overpowering heavy class combos? Not obviously all could be locked, but it could be implemented hand in hand with certain part bans. At least, if TT decides to release another monster, are we just gonna modify the rules again then? It will be discussions/debates all over again..

As to what Mc Frown mention about how Basaslt is doing its job as a defence wheel, I agree with him.

But at the same time, Basalt is also tearing through the Stamina types which is what Defs types are not suppose to do (on paper). The RPM generation this monster has is crazy... This thing reminds me of how Compacts were used against stamina types in plastics =\.
(Aug. 13, 2011  5:42 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: What if Nemesis ends up being much heavier than Basalt?
Its possible but it wont be heavier maybe better but not heavier.
Pcyborg theres no point in having a weight limit
The trouble is BD145/TH170+ bassalt. Its either too heavy to KO, or too powerfull to KO it. Bassalt 230CS can be defeated by sytche,heck, even my flame libra 230ES can beat it sometimes. After putting a BD145 though, boy its tough. A tournament with no bassalt and one with one is really good idea... drakio: we found the counters, its juat really powerfull.
@Shikablade your over exaggerating the wheels power Its quite easy to beat!
yeah I know its really powerful, that should push you to try to beat it instead of take the easy way and banning it (not saying that you were doing that)
Not to offend anybody, but I do not see any opinion here that is more valuable or new from what we have been discussing in the Advanced Forum ...

Here are some points a lot of people here seem to ignore :
- A second format will not be done. It was already discussed, it is not really feasible and fair to process tournaments using it in the same Beypoint System.

- "Restricting" Basalt is also not really feasible. Have you ever hosted or judged a tournament ? Do you really imagine yourself remembering all the combinations that are banned and having to explain to the kids why they cannot use them ... Every time ...

- Basalt is indeed SPAMmed in tournaments. The Committee looked through several of the last few pages of the Winning Combinations topic, and I think, from memory, that more than half of them used Basalt for sure.

- I see that a lot of you have never even gone to tournaments.

- "Basalt has plenty of counters and it's easy to beat" : Open your eyes, apparently barely anyone uses them in tournaments, and Stamina types are unable to defeat it, which is what the type diagram mostly indicates - Defense overcomes Attack, which overcomes Stamina, which overcomes Defense. This is one of the main issues here : if you want to beat Basalt ... You use Basalt again, so there is no variety at all.

- Attack types are not dominant in tournaments and have never been. Yes, a good Attack type can win against Basalt combinations, but very few people use them in tournaments, which ends up with Basalt winning events again. And if we ban Basalt, then no, Attack types will not become more dominant either.
If there are exceptions like Italy (before Basalt) and Maryland apparently, then good for you, but look, there are way more places in the world where tournaments are hosted.

- A weight limit is way unfeasible. You cannot expect all participants to know the weight of their parts and calculate the total.