Should Sniping/Gattyaki be part of the game? – WBO Staff wants your feedback!

(Oct. 09, 2020  8:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  7:52 PM)Shindog Wrote:   The rule still allows players to use the 12 disk that they paid for
I’m sorry- but who would pay for a 12 disk? Like, a 12 disk on it’s own. Not on wV or hS. Lol
12 is trash and out classed like genesis lol
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  7:52 PM)Shindog Wrote:   The rule still allows players to use the 12 disk that they paid for
I’m sorry- but who would pay for a 12 disk? Like, a 12 disk on it’s own. Not on wV or hS. 
I have had a player come and show up to a tournament with only wV stock to play.  It is a protagonist bey.  His family did purchase it, I don’t think they feel like they only bought a layer?

(Oct. 09, 2020  8:06 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m sorry- but who would pay for a 12 disk? Like, a 12 disk on it’s own. Not on wV or hS. Lol
12 is trash and out classed like genesis lol? 
I am a bit lost, how does this comment add to our discussion in this thread?
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:33 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:06 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m sorry- but who would pay for a 12 disk? Like, a 12 disk on it’s own. Not on wV or hS. 
I have had a player come and show up to a tournament with only wV stock to play.  It is a protagonist bey.  His family did purchase it, I don’t think they feel like they only bought a layer?

(Oct. 09, 2020  8:06 PM)kai edits Wrote: 12 is trash and out classed like genesis lol? 
12 is good for sniping without the frame rule
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:43 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:33 PM)Shindog Wrote: I have had a player come and show up to a tournament with only wV stock to play.  It is a protagonist bey.  His family did purchase it, I don’t think they feel like they only bought a layer?

12 is good for sniping without the frame rule
If it is good for that then why is it trash?  Are you arguing we should remove the frame on 12 rule so it can be better used for damaging sniping?
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:47 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:43 PM)kai edits Wrote: 12 is good for sniping without the frame rule
If it is good for that then why is it trash?  Are you arguing we should remove the frame on 12 rule so it can be better used for damaging sniping?
I guess so beyblades are meant to be damaged and played with
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:51 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:47 PM)Shindog Wrote: If it is good for that then why is it trash?  Are you arguing we should remove the frame on 12 rule so it can be better used for damaging sniping?

There's a pretty significant difference between acceptable damage that is a product of the game and can't be prevented (like driver wear, scratched paint/stickers, minor plastic deformation such as Xcalibur's sword) and unacceptable damage that is a product of abnormal use and can be prevented (like using 12 without a frame, metal contact points, launching on concrete or other surfaces, launching on top of another beyblade, launching a beyblade in the wrong spin direction)
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:51 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:47 PM)Shindog Wrote: If it is good for that then why is it trash?  Are you arguing we should remove the frame on 12 rule so it can be better used for damaging sniping?
I see, interesting take on things to make gattyaki more likely to damage parts and possibly more effective.  I haven’t thought of things this way.  It certainly would be interesting to see if there is support for this.
I don’t think sniping in the air is fair because the bey blade didn’t touch the stadium yet and I think the beyblade should be played in the stadium.
ban it it is fair and even though they do it later if they do it on purpose they get a warning and if they do it again a point to the other player or something along the lines. It’s just like cheating but on the low end of cheating but still.
14 - for (me, OnlyCanBeOne, AirKingNeo, kai edits, BuilderRob, Vtryuga, Lugiamaster0249, Phantomflame, NAP, Wombat, bassraven, The Blacknight, LazerBeamz, YishYash,)

21 - against (BreakerDs, g2_, BladerGem, CitrusNinja3, Needforspeed, Flame-Byxis, #Fafnir, Bladerbuilder, DeltaZakuro, Cat-Daddy, Valtryek Aoi, GeneriCringe, SunBlader98, ZeroYiggs, Mikuri, eigerblader, MagikHorse, FireKingArd, andowantsfood, Mitchjett, AlexTheBlader)
(Oct. 11, 2020  4:05 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: No ban it it isn’t fair and even though they do it later if they do it on purpose they get a warning and if they do it again a point to the other player or something along the lines. It’s just like cheating but on the low end of cheating but still.
I apologize but I am a little bit confused as to what you are trying to say.  Do you think sniping should be allowed in its current form?
(Oct. 11, 2020  5:22 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2020  4:05 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: No ban it it isn’t fair and even though they do it later if they do it on purpose they get a warning and if they do it again a point to the other player or something along the lines. It’s just like cheating but on the low end of cheating but still.
I apologize but I am a little bit confused as to what you are trying to say.  Do you think sniping should be allowed in its current form?

He wanted to say no, ban it as it is not fair.
I decided to also try the midair snipe in a more battle like situation to see how common is the midair snipe going to lead to self KO. The objective here is to look at the “risk” at performing midair snipe gattyaki. Here are some parameters:

1. I will be shooting directly towards a pocket. I have lined up the sniping bey, the target, and the pocket
2. The sniping combo is TLc.Wh.Cm 1S and the combo being sniped is BV.Wh.R 烈. I didn’t want the combo being sniped to be too heavy as it could possibly block the sniping combo from flying into the pocket. Stadium was Burst standard.
3. I have not practiced midair sniping, and I am not suppose to be not good at it. I was still decently successful at midair sniping, but this is a test to see the likelihood of self KO, and not how effective I can be at gattyaki. I am trying to launch legally, and to launch hard at my opponent without a care for the pocket/self KO.
4. The video is, as usual, one take and without editing.

Here is a link to the video:
https://youtu.be/ZlLE0hkxCb8

The risks seems to be pretty low to self KO with the given parameters. Again, I find the “risk” of performing Gattyaki to be extremely low. If the argument is that midair sniping is requires a extreme high level of skill and is very risky, I have not experienced it so far.
(Oct. 11, 2020  3:31 PM)Shindog Wrote: I decided to also try the midair snipe in a more battle like situation to see how common is the midair snipe going to lead to self KO.  The objective here is to look at the “risk” at performing midair snipe gattyaki. Here are some parameters:

1. I will be shooting directly towards a pocket.  I have lined up the sniping bey, the target, and the pocket
2. The sniping combo is TLc.Wh.Cm 1S and the combo being sniped is BV.Wh.R 烈.  I didn’t want the combo being sniped to be too heavy as it could possibly block the sniping combo from flying into the pocket.  Stadium was Burst standard.
3. I have not practiced midair sniping, and I am not suppose to be not good at it. I was still decently successful at midair sniping, but this is a test to see the likelihood of self KO, and not how effective I can be at gattyaki.  I am trying to launch legally, and to launch hard at my opponent without a care for the pocket/self KO.

The risks seems to be pretty low to self KO with the given parameters.  Again, I find the “risk” of performing Gattyaki to be extremely low.  If the argument is that midair sniping is requires a extreme high level of skill and is very risky, I have not experienced it so far.

If those shots were done in a tournament, would it be considered legal with current rules? Cause that does not look like a very fun gameplay at all.
I think it cheating!

(Oct. 09, 2020  8:57 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  8:51 PM)kai edits Wrote: I guess so beyblades are meant to be damaged and played with

There's a pretty significant difference between acceptable damage that is a product of the game and can't be prevented (like driver wear, scratched paint/stickers, minor plastic deformation such as Xcalibur's sword) and unacceptable damage that is a product of abnormal use and can be prevented (like using 12 without a frame, metal contact points, launching on concrete or other surfaces, launching on top of another beyblade, launching a beyblade in the wrong spin direction)
Metal Fight remakes:Hey!
(Oct. 11, 2020  5:09 PM)Moggeroo Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2020  3:31 PM)Shindog Wrote: I decided to also try the midair snipe in a more battle like situation to see how common is the midair snipe going to lead to self KO.  The objective here is to look at the “risk” at performing midair snipe gattyaki. Here are some parameters:

1. I will be shooting directly towards a pocket.  I have lined up the sniping bey, the target, and the pocket
2. The sniping combo is TLc.Wh.Cm 1S and the combo being sniped is BV.Wh.R 烈.  I didn’t want the combo being sniped to be too heavy as it could possibly block the sniping combo from flying into the pocket.  Stadium was Burst standard.
3. I have not practiced midair sniping, and I am not suppose to be not good at it. I was still decently successful at midair sniping, but this is a test to see the likelihood of self KO, and not how effective I can be at gattyaki.  I am trying to launch legally, and to launch hard at my opponent without a care for the pocket/self KO.

The risks seems to be pretty low to self KO with the given parameters.  Again, I find the “risk” of performing Gattyaki to be extremely low.  If the argument is that midair sniping is requires a extreme high level of skill and is very risky, I have not experienced it so far.

If those shots were done in a tournament, would it be considered legal with current rules? Cause that does not look like a very fun gameplay.
I believe they are legal with current rules, assuming my launches were legal in terms of timing and position.  

I personally agree that it doesn’t look like too much fun. I am not sure it looks like the game that I want to play.
(Oct. 11, 2020  5:23 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2020  5:09 PM)Moggeroo Wrote: If those shots were done in a tournament, would it be considered legal with current rules? Cause that does not look like a very fun gameplay.
I believe they are legal with current rules, assuming my launches were legal in terms of timing and position.  

I personally agree that it doesn’t look like too much fun. I am not sure it looks like the game that I want to play.
I broke my BGrin driver that way!
(Oct. 11, 2020  5:24 PM)Ryuga......Win Wrote: I broke my BGrin driver that way!

Oof, what was your opponent that broke it?
I don't care about the direction or movements of launches , but launching after the other is cheating.
Allow whatever launching moves and focus more on the launch timing being fair (both should shoot at the same exact time)
(Oct. 14, 2020  12:19 PM)Somber_Anthony Wrote: I don't care about the direction or movements of launches , but launching after the other is cheating.
Allow whatever launching moves and focus more on the launch timing being fair (both should shoot at the same exact time)

The problem about that is that it would be impossible to say whether or not both players launched at the exact same time, which is why the rules allow a player to launch at any point during the word "Shoot" in "Go Shoot". The time frame isn't super significant, so it's not like you'd get some kind of noticeable Stamina advantage just by launching at the last possible moment. The deal with it is just that someone that launches earlier into the word will be more likely to land first and get sniped.
Just ban it the debate is pointless
(Oct. 14, 2020  12:56 PM)kai edits Wrote: Just ban it the debate is pointless

It’s not pointless, just like with irl issues not everybody has the same opinion, and it can change the outcome of tournaments. The last time someone counted the votes for Gattyaki and posted it, it was 13-for and 19-against, so it’s not impossible for one side to catch up even if it’s a few behind.
(Oct. 14, 2020  12:56 PM)kai edits Wrote: Just ban it the debate is pointless

Well the poll suggests otherwise. There has been a surge in people that want it to remain
(Oct. 11, 2020  3:31 PM)Shindog Wrote: I decided to also try the midair snipe in a more battle like situation to see how common is the midair snipe going to lead to self KO. The objective here is to look at the “risk” at performing midair snipe gattyaki. Here are some parameters:

1. I will be shooting directly towards a pocket. I have lined up the sniping bey, the target, and the pocket
2. The sniping combo is TLc.Wh.Cm 1S and the combo being sniped is BV.Wh.R 烈. I didn’t want the combo being sniped to be too heavy as it could possibly block the sniping combo from flying into the pocket. Stadium was Burst standard.
3. I have not practiced midair sniping, and I am not suppose to be not good at it. I was still decently successful at midair sniping, but this is a test to see the likelihood of self KO, and not how effective I can be at gattyaki. I am trying to launch legally, and to launch hard at my opponent without a care for the pocket/self KO.

The risks seems to be pretty low to self KO with the given parameters. Again, I find the “risk” of performing Gattyaki to be extremely low. If the argument is that midair sniping is requires a extreme high level of skill and is very risky, I have not experienced it so far.

I slowed down the video and replayed it as close to frame by frame as I could, and while some of the rounds definitely had Gattyaki-like results, I'm not sure if they would qualify as Gattyaki under the current definition?

In the first round it looks like Bushin bounces off the inside of the stadium guard, slowing its fall slightly, and bursts once it touches Tempest, which looks like it has already landed in the stadium by that point. Technically, would this count a (failed?) Gattyaki for Bushin instead?

Second round, the Gattyaki misses and the round ends in a normal KO.

The last 3 rounds appear to be all self-KOs for Bushin, which looks like it enters the pocket without coming into contact with Tempest. So while it does result in Tempest gaining a point, it doesn't seem to be because of the Gattyaki specifically.

The self-KO risk may not in fact be as high as it's been made out to be, but even in these prime conditions (a lighter opponent who isn't trying to actively avoid being sniped and is lined up in front of a pocket), I don't know if you can say that the increase in chance of reward caused by the actual Gattyaki is conversely higher.
(Oct. 14, 2020  6:50 PM)Wombat Wrote:

I slowed down the video and replayed it as close to frame by frame as I could, and while some of the rounds definitely had Gattyaki-like results, I'm not sure if they would qualify as Gattyaki under the current definition?

In the first round it looks like Bushin bounces off the inside of the stadium guard, slowing its fall slightly, and bursts once it touches Tempest, which looks like it has already landed in the stadium by that point. Technically, would this count a (failed?) Gattyaki for Bushin instead?

Second round, the Gattyaki misses and the round ends in a normal KO.

The last 3 rounds appear to be all self-KOs for Bushin, which looks like it enters the pocket without coming into contact with Tempest. So while it does result in Tempest gaining a point, it doesn't seem to be because of the Gattyaki specifically.

The self-KO risk may not in fact be as high as it's been made out to be, but even in these prime conditions (a lighter opponent who isn't trying to actively avoid being sniped and is lined up in front of a pocket), I don't know if you can say that the increase in chance of reward caused by the actual Gattyaki is conversely higher.
All valid points, but this wasn’t my attempt at an instructional video on how to perform gattyaki.  The opponent was actually trying to launch in a way that his bey would eventually land as close to the pocket as possible, same as what I tried to do with the previous videos of trying to hit a frame or a layer as close to the ridge as possible.  Maybe we weren’t too successful, but does matter it we don’t care if the midair gattyaki actually scores?  This was my attempt to maximize risk at least in my mind to self KO.  As I have stated in my description for the video:

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I decided to also try the midair snipe in a more battle like situation to see how common is the midair snipe going to lead to self KO.....”[/font]

“1. I will be shooting directly towards a pocket.  I have lined up the sniping bey, the target, and the pocket“

“2. The sniping combo is TLc.Wh.Cm 1S and the combo being sniped is BV.Wh.R 烈.  I didn’t want the combo being sniped to be too heavy as it could possibly block the sniping combo from flying into the pocket.  Stadium was Burst standard. ”

If I miss my target completely, or my target goes into the pocket by it self, should I not have less obstruction to the pocket?  I should follow right into the pocket?  This video was made because someone pointed out the previous attempts at hitting a frame or a layer weren’t really battle conditions.  I guess that a frame or a layer would make it harder for gattyaki to self KO, perhaps by tripping the driver?  I am not sure. 

I don’t believe I made an argument with this video that there is an increase chance of reward?  So I don’t really understand what this means:

“I don't know if you can say that the increase in chance of reward caused by the actual Gattyaki is conversely higher.”

When did I try to say this?  I may feel like “why wouldn’t just anyone try it every time the match up is bad.”, but I think that is as far as I would go. Actually, I am not entirely sure I said even that.  I believe I said exactly this:

“The risks seems to be pretty low to self KO with the given parameters.  Again, I find the “risk” of performing Gattyaki to be extremely low.  If the argument is that midair sniping is requires a extreme high level of skill and is very risky, I have not experienced it so far.“

I still find the risk to be extremely low.  I just don’t see the skill needed to mitigate this “risk.”  I am trying to launch it out of the stadium and I find it hard to do.  Also, I am glad frame by frame was finally brought up.  I believe it is hard to see what happens when a set of hands is pushing forward, trying to throw a Beyblade.  Did it cross the midline, was it early? was it late, was it too high? was it too low? was there contact, and etc?