Should Sniping/Gattyaki be part of the game? – WBO Staff wants your feedback!

I don't care for it, seems like a great way to break your beys and hit people with them.

If it's part of the format and everyone agrees with it then maybe having a format with it could work.
Just curious, did we ever get an official ruling on this, or is it still being discussed?
(Jun. 26, 2023  1:14 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Just curious, did we ever get an official ruling on this, or is it still being discussed?

For the most part this was addressed with these in the rulebooks:

“A battle is prompted with the call of “3–2–1 Go Shoot!” and begins when both Beyblades have made contact with the stadium floor at least once.”

“Bladers cannot shoot their Beyblade onto the opponent's Beyblade mid-air.”

Actually, best explained here:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...d-and-More
I think that this sould be a part of the game legally because it allows for a hole new form of gameplay and stratagy where you have to decide when during the Go Shoot!/Let it Rip! you want to launch
(Aug. 16, 2023  4:31 AM)AlphaBladerX Wrote: I think that this sould be a part of the game legally because it allows for a hole new form of gameplay and stratagy where you have to decide when during the Go Shoot!/Let it Rip! you want to launch

Thanks for the input AlphaBladerX!

This topic has been addressed by the WBO through the implementation of Ranked Clauses earlier this summer. You can read about the announcement here. One of the clauses that may be enacted allows for the start of gameplay and the play area to be in line with "sniping"/"gattyaki" being a part of the game. 

You now have two options to play when organizing an event. One with and one without the above technique.
Seems like a good compromise all in all
The problem
*Cluck* it is real hard to tell when sniping occurs without cameras sometimes especially mid air. And sometimes even mid-entry. It happens incredibly fast and some people cannot follow along that immediately. Especially new players cannot always tell what happened in the moment.

The solution
Don't allow it to happen. Rerun. Matches do not take so long that it is impossible to rerun if one or two matches ends up accidentally. Sniping. Going out of your way to do it is absolutely rude, especially in those kind of circumstances. Some new players may not even think to try something like this, let alone that it would be something that's allowed in any generation.

So it's really lucky that I stream, but camera equipment and stream setups can be very expensive and maintaining them can be hard in a match. While more experienced judges than myself have more experience differentiating in this. It is not always a satisfying end to a matc. Quick matches occur. Instant death occurs. Thems the scrapes. In the game trying to standardize as much as possible it feels like it's trying to go around the standard. But you shouldn't try to force it. This is a game of skill, if you don't know your opponent is aiming for that. You have no way to counter it. It's almost the same as waiting an extra second so you can see what your opponent is going to throw in rock paper scissors and seal the win for yourself. It's bad faith play.

But this isn't something that's new to beyblade, in 2011 I received a free free beyblade disc from a small tournament at a Barnes& Noble. It came with instructions on how to play beyblade for new players. And yes, it Included instructions on how to snipe. This was back during Hasbro metal fight series. I'll admit it is a long-standing high skill aspect of beyblade's history. But it takes way too much to master. It is something that really really requires insane I to be good at/Good at resisting it.

While sniping may be a core part of the begoma sport that beyblade evolved (haha) from, but I don't think we should keep it. This is a vastly different kind of game. It uses entirely different mechanics and entirely different rules, by not allowing it, I think it further differentiates the games.

At this point I feel like I've rambled a little bit but it does convey my thoughts so to conclude,

If you just came for the comments, definitely read the thread. Watch the videos. Make the choice with an informed standpoint beyond your own experiences. In my opinion it should not be a thing. Plain and simple. No one i have played with wants it to be a thing. And the locals where I do x with all of my friends in Indianapolis, we do not allow sniping and often both players decide to rerun if a snipe occurs. It will always be part of the sport. I just don't think we should incentivize it anymore.

(Apr. 03, 2024  10:06 PM)FlopyDiskMaster Wrote: The problem
*Cluck* it is real hard to tell when sniping occurs without cameras sometimes especially mid air. And sometimes even mid-entry. It happens incredibly fast and some people cannot follow along that immediately. Especially new players cannot always tell what happened in the moment.

The solution
Don't allow it to happen. Rerun. Matches do not take so long that it is impossible to rerun if one or two matches ends up accidentally. Sniping. Going out of your way to do it is absolutely rude, especially in those kind of circumstances. Some new players may not even think to try something like this, let alone that it would be something that's allowed in any generation.

So it's really lucky that I stream, but camera equipment and stream setups can be very expensive and maintaining them can be hard in a match. While more experienced judges than myself have more experience differentiating in this. It is not always a satisfying end to a matc. Quick matches occur. Instant death occurs. Thems the scrapes. In the game trying to standardize as much as possible it feels like it's trying to go around the standard. But you shouldn't try to force it. This is a game of skill, if you don't know your opponent is aiming for that. You have no way to counter it. It's almost the same as waiting an extra second so you can see what your opponent is going to throw in rock paper scissors and seal the win for yourself. It's bad faith play.

But this isn't something that's new to beyblade, in 2011 I received a free free beyblade disc from a small tournament at a Barnes& Noble. It came with instructions on how to play beyblade for new players. And yes, it Included instructions on how to snipe. This was back during Hasbro metal fight series. I'll admit it is a long-standing high skill aspect of beyblade's history. But it takes way too much to master. It is something that really really requires insane I to be good at/Good at resisting it.

While sniping may be a core part of the begoma sport that beyblade evolved (haha) from, but I don't think we should keep it. This is a vastly different kind of game. It uses entirely different mechanics and entirely different rules, by not allowing it, I think it further differentiates the games.

At this point I feel like I've rambled a little bit but it does convey my thoughts so to conclude,

If you just came for the comments, definitely read the thread. Watch the videos. Make the choice with an informed standpoint beyond your own experiences. In my opinion it should not be a thing. Plain and simple. No one i have played with wants it to be a thing. And the locals where I do x with all of my friends in Indianapolis, we do not allow sniping and often both players decide to rerun if a snipe occurs. It will always be part of the sport. I just don't think we should incentivize it anymore.

Edit ...
I have replied to an ancient thread and I am a little bit embarrassed now
I don't think it should be allowed.
I get so annoyed with it and feel its cheating and unfair both beys should touch the stadium floor for a fair match