Scythe Kronos T125RS

I think I can make a general conclusion based on my tests that rs can be almost as "temper-mental" as cs.

Be wary spolier is large....

Does anyone have good combos for basalt horogium, beat lynx th170wd and mf pegasis!
(Jan. 19, 2012  3:53 AM)UBladers Wrote: Does anyone have good combos for basalt horogium, beat lynx th170wd and mf pegasis!

This isn't the place to post it; no idea why you would think it is. You should use "Build Me a Combo"
Meow! Thanks for testing . I never personally tried vari with S130 and I see the good winning with Takara rs but hasbro made it softer as you said so it will probably have more grip. Can you do some stamina testing with phantom orion AD145WD for comparison .
Sure, but i don't really see the point I would expect Phantom to take them all. I'll test with worn and new wd to see if anything really unexpected happens...
Ok I was asking for you testing because because between mine and cangjieuser's testing there is a lot of difference so I wanted to see yours
Well, those tests are actually how they were expected to be. Good win rates for the opposition.
The last few tests were contradictory though, but yeah. Smile
Ok Jan, I don't mean to be too rude but I think your posts on this thread are quite possibly the most annoying things I have ever read. Seriously, all of them are implying that just because something is different makes it wrong or like there should be some generally accepted set of results or because you never heard of something, it makes it wrong. Skill plays a very large part in competition and testing. I know for one that I have no problem for sure KOing this combo consistently with Vari and quite frankly, I am not the best attack blader by any means. I think posting results would make more sense to you, hopefully.

Vari 85R2F (Right Spin) vs. MF-H Scythe Aquario T125RS
Vari: 15/20 (13KO 2OS)
Scythe: 5/20 (2KO 30S)

Vari CH120RF (Right Spin) vs. MF-H Scythe Aquario T125RS
Vari: 18/20 (ALL KO)
Scythe: 2/20 (2KO WITH THE PC FRAME)

Vari R145R2F (Right Spin) vs. MF-H Scythe Aquario T125RS
Vari: 10/20 (All KO)
Scythe 10/20 (6KO by PC, 1KO by MW, 3OS)

So are you going to tell me my results are wrong too or not what they are expected to be? That whole mindset is ridiculous and annoying and also absolutely detrimental to the growth of a community.
I wonder what makes you think that.
I've actually been expecting tests like those (your tests) in which Scythe possibly got a lesser win rate.
I never said that the tests were "wrong", nor did they raise any suspicion. Just that, the constantly differing tests between DragoonMF and cangjileuser made it tough to form conclusions, and nothing else.

And just when the talk of the "condition of RS" came up, test differences came into view in Meow!'s testing which related to the aforementioned topic(condition of RS).
So what you read might probably be a misunderstanding. Smile

Also, the considerably high win rates of Scythe against such powerful attackers in cangjileuser's tests seemed quite different in comparison to DragoonMF's tests. And looking at how the other variant of this combo (on the 85 track) performs in comparison to this, it made me believe that this might be an upgrade. But then we had people saying that 125 is not an effective height and by no chance an 'upgrade'. Then came Meow, who brought in the point of the "condition of RS".

I never said the tests were wrong. I just said that the tests were exactly opposite to what I thought it should have been. I don't find it wrong to express one's point of view about the combo here; especially when the tests for this combo change with every different tester. I haven't pressed my thoughts upon you all by not allowing people to test the combo at all! That is enough proof that I did not mean to say the combo is bad. Smile

Nor did I say that there is a generally accepted set of results. The reason is, tests from every tester were different, completely suppressing the point of generality. This means that there is nothing like "generally accepted tests" as far as this combo is concerned.
And to add, I was more inclined to believe the tests which displayed Scythe at a lesser win rate. There were specific reason for that too. Not to mention that in some posts, I saw the Kronos PC Frame being glorified slightly. It was sometimes given the credit of every win. Smile

All in all, it was nothing but a bit of misunderstanding on your part. Smile
Your tests, instead of proving me wrong; help me explain my point better. It is just what I am looking for. The low win rate of Scythe is what most of us have been expecting. I have never disapproved of this combo; just that it did not seem to be as good as cang's tests showed. And I need not tell you that weird things happen in Beyblade. Grin
Who knows, cang might have got an abnormal Scythe!

And that's the only reason why I have posted in this thread, asking from more and more tests for more and more people; so that "generality"(which doesn't exist atm for this combo) could be attained. Smile

This post may be right out vague, but yeah. The misunderstanding(?) scared me a bit.
(Jan. 23, 2012  8:48 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: ...

And that's the only reason why I have posted in this thread, asking from more and more tests for more and more people; so that "generality"(which doesn't exist atm for this combo) could be attained. Smile

This is also what I'm hoping for, but I think people generally look down on this combo, that makes them didn't post or even read the thread.
The thing is, the combo you use, is just a slightly modified version of a previously used anti-meta. As that anti-meta soon fell out of use, people expect the same from this. Smile

We need more tests from more people...
Considering the differences in the tests of yours and DragoonMF's; and then considering the similarity between Spin-Sonic and Meow!'s tests; I think one may be forced to believe their tests for now. Only if more people volunteered to test it out, it would be good for you.
gimme me Scythe, I'll gladly test for Bey Bash.

still, Scythe on RS?

phew, kinda of a mismatch
That is what everyone has been believing.
Everyone was taken by surprise when a few experienced members chipped in to say that Scythe is underrated as a Defense wheel...

As for this combo, it is a hybrid Defense/anti-meta combo, as the RS is stated to be slightly aggressive. So, there seems to be some hope at the least.
Even I saw it as a mismatch at first sight, but looks like there are many people who think otherwise. Smile

But all in all, I did not see this combo as a potent threat to anything in today's game; but just a fun experiment. I do not expect this to do quite well, but due to the varying test results, I'll get to conclusions later. But in my heart, I do not see this as a potent combo; and share similar thoughts with most other people. I'd asked for Stamina tests from cangieluser's part once. I am still looking forward to it. Smile
this seems like Hell Libra 100 R2F all over again in a new combo.

niche results against top tiers by underrated MWs
I wish I could test this but I don't have a bb-10, only those blue, Korean stadiums lol. I'll do some informal tests, just to see what the combo is like for myself. Personally, I think Scythe is a great defense wheel, highly underrated IMO.
I really believe it is rs condition. Both the tests I conducted showed a great difference in rs. Its really a matter of, "Did I hit the jackpot when i bought my rs?!"

And for those wondering about the phantom tests, I conducted 4 matches, each alternating with RS and condition of WD. Phantom went 20-0 for all 4 tests. I noticed the pc frame does none of the koing.

It actually prevents koing. Despite the name of the mode, the pc frame is simply to thin to produce smash or really have any effect on koing phantom. The times where there was pc frame contact were the times when phantom bounced back less. The metal wheel was the factor. I suppose if your rs is very worn down and pretty aggressive, a ko could happen; however, both my rs aren't worn down that much. It is simply the grade of rubber used in them that causes the difference.
(Jan. 24, 2012  4:10 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: this seems like Hell Libra 100 R2F all over again in a new combo.

niche results against top tiers by underrated MWs

Except Hell Libra wasn't actually good and there are variations of this combo that 100% the things they're intended to~
(Jan. 25, 2012  4:15 AM)Meow! Wrote: I really believe it is rs condition. Both the tests I conducted showed a great difference in rs. Its really a matter of, "Did I hit the jackpot when i bought my rs?!"

And for those wondering about the phantom tests, I conducted 4 matches, each alternating with RS and condition of WD. Phantom went 20-0 for all 4 tests. I noticed the pc frame does none of the koing.

It actually prevents koing. Despite the name of the mode, the pc frame is simply to thin to produce smash or really have any effect on koing phantom. The times where there was pc frame contact were the times when phantom bounced back less. The metal wheel was the factor. I suppose if your rs is very worn down and pretty aggressive, a ko could happen; however, both my rs aren't worn down that much. It is simply the grade of rubber used in them that causes the difference.

That is what I believed in.
cangjieuser glorified the PC Frame's use; by saying that it could KO things.

As for the condition of RS, that's what I have been believing in since your tests...
Hm, I going to test this, like Izuma said, it's mismatch. But this mismatch does very well. I have tried Scythe ______ 90RS before and seemed decent as an anti-meta. But very good job on finding this cangjueser! Smile I find that Scythe has underrated defense too or at least doesn't have a lot of recoil Tongue_out
Yes, it was known that Scythe doesn't have much recoil.
No wonder if quickly replaced Hell for Stamina!
It is again true that Scythe is underrated for Defense. But at the same time, looking at the current Defense parts we have in the meta, Scythe wouldn't get enough. It may still find niche use, and that is why we are waiting for people to test this out further. Smile