[STD/LTD] Metal Face-Middle and its Effects on Spin-Equalizers

(Jan. 21, 2014  3:54 AM)th!nk Wrote: In the end most of those are completely eclipsed by launch strength anyway, aside from in near-identical spin stealer matchups where that sorts itself out and therefore the other factors do come into play.

Well, MF-M's negative effect on Stamina is usually a bit more crucial than that.

Like, we're talking a full 30 seconds to a minute chopped off your solo-spin time. I could easily picture Death taking out Duo in a mirror match just because Duo is using MF-M rather than a normal Face/MF-F.

It's that bad. Confused But yes, in spin-steal matches where launch strength is more or less irrelevant, and matches are only determined by fractions of rotations, every little detail needs to be fine tuned to perfection in order to win consistently.
30 seconds in solo spin is so much less in a battle between two people where other factors like launch strength are in play, to be honest, but I was mostly responding to Cake, haha. 30s is actually a pretty small thing, I get similar difference from using Bull on my Metal Fury Scythe instead of Cygnus/Cancer/PegasisII (Aquario sits between the two points, Cancer was a bit ahead of the others but I only got a few rounds of each done before my L/R broke).

Yeah see that's part of why I think spin stealers are awful tbh haha, especially seeing as I remember when MFB was free of them.
(Jan. 21, 2014  5:42 PM)th!nk Wrote: 30 seconds in solo spin is so much less in a battle between two people where other factors like launch strength are in play, to be honest, but I was mostly responding to Cake, haha. 30s is actually a pretty small thing, I get similar difference from using Bull on my Metal Fury Scythe instead of Cygnus/Cancer/PegasisII (Aquario sits between the two points, Cancer was a bit ahead of the others but I only got a few rounds of each done before my L/R broke).

Yeah see that's part of why I think spin stealers are awful tbh haha, especially seeing as I remember when MFB was free of them.

Well, it usually a bit more than that.

Plus, it's not only its solo spin time. It reduces the flywheel effect, which makes the custom more prone to rotational recoil and loss of balance. It's pretty bad (at least on wheels like Phantom/Duo/Genbull. Haven't tried it much at all with Limited format MW's).

I think it makes them more interesting. It's extremely entertaining to pick through the specs and small points of a custom 'till it works the way you want it to.
MSF-M doesn't boost defense too much either, I've seen Genbull Dragooon S130W2D KO a MSF-M Genbull Dragooon SA165W2D twice.
(Jan. 21, 2014  7:27 PM)*Aquamarine* Wrote: MSF-M doesn't boost defense too much either, I've seen Genbull Dragooon S130W2D KO a MSF-M Genbull Dragooon SA165W2D twice.

That's not exactly a large sample size...

@TBD: Well, anything like that will affect an wide-distributed wheel more, so Metal Fury Scythe and Duo are both gonna suffer big - not quite phantom big but big nonetheless. There, yeah, this would have merit but even then launch strength is still gonna be bigger.

Eh, I minmax my combos (and parts, if they have subcomponents) weight-wise anyway (and obviously I'm picky about choosing the right metal faces etc) but idk, I guess F230(G)CF doesn't have the same wear problem as D-series tips do, but it's still kinda annoying with B: D and EWD
I don't really think launch strength will be the larger factor. Most competitive players have around the same launch strength, and there's really a point where you can't launch much harder if at all. I've watched exact mirror matches between Stamina types before, and the wins only usually come down to a few rotations, even with bladers of different ages.

IDK... What I know for sure is that I ain't using MF-M on my Stamina types any time soon, LOL!