SP230 Discussion

MF Flash Lynx GB145 R2F vs MSF Revizer Gargole SP230 CS
Flash:9 Wins(All KO)
SP230:11 Wins(All OS)
SP230 Win Percentage:55 %
SP230 is definitley better than BD145, but I don't know if it is better than E230. I uploaded a video of my last five rounds. Sorry for the shadow in the video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAuM7BqOZE
Your supposeed to do more tests than that. That is way to little.
I'll put up some SP230 tests tomorrow after Christmas.

Eh, the variation in winning according to your comments doesn't speak volumes about the uniformity of each round you conducted.

Any SP230 testing requests? My Chrome Wheels are: Ifraid, Phoenic, Revizer, Gryph, Dragooon and Bahamdia (1 of each). I have any and all parts from MFB that could be seen in competitive battling as well.
(Dec. 25, 2012  5:36 AM)Insane Wrote: Your supposeed to do more tests than that. That is way to little.

Um, the minimum is twenty.
He meant more battles overall, not more rounds.

Simply providing one combo against another for tests of an entire part's performance is too small a sample size to draw any statistically significant conclusions.
What requests would anyone like me to do? I was going to do more, I simply didn't know what everyone would want it to be tested against, since it is clearly a defensive track. Ga'hooleone, I only noticed a difference for about the first eight rounds. I will still try to do 10 more rounds to get an even bigger sample, though.
(Dec. 25, 2012  5:39 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: I'll put up some SP230 tests tomorrow after Christmas.

Eh, the variation in winning according to your comments doesn't speak volumes about the uniformity of each round you conducted.

Any SP230 testing requests? My Chrome Wheels are: Ifraid, Phoenic, Revizer, Gryph, Dragooon and Bahamdia (1 of each). I have any and all parts from MFB that could be seen in competitive battling as well.

ifraid reviser sp230 cs vs flash orion or any other good clear wheel with flash gb145
or s130 but better to be gb 145 r2f or rf and thanks
and in the op u puted 239 not 230
I wonder, would it have the same effect as MF-H Gravity Perseus would on SP230 instead of BD145?

Maybe comparative tests for the two, using the combos in its thread.
(Dec. 25, 2012  3:19 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I wonder, would it have the same effect as Gravity Tank would on SP230 instead of BD145?

Maybe comparative tests for the two, using th combos in Gravity Tank's thread

Gravity Tank is MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RDF, just so you know.

Please don't nickname combos...

Issues have occurred in the past about that.
OK?
I was unaware of these "issues", so I see now.
Looks like this part might have potential.

Since BD145 had uses in all types, would you be able to test how SP230 would perform as an attack type? Perhaps something like MF-H Flash Orion SP230R2F. Although the disc might block some of Flash's contact points, the spikes on SP230 might compensate for it...
Flash does not do well on heights higher than 160 ...
(Dec. 25, 2012  5:03 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Flash does not do well on heights higher than 160 ...
Oh, perhaps instead with a Synchrom like MSF-H Ifraid Phoenic SP230R2F for anti-attack? It will be interesting to know if SP230 had any top-tier attack potential.
Pheonic Pheonic is better for attack IIRC
Actually, I heard Gryph Gryph is great as well.
(Dec. 25, 2012  3:19 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I wonder, would it have the same effect as MF-H Gravity Perseus would on SP230 instead of BD145?

Maybe comparative tests for the two, using the combos in its thread.

Standard Procedure
Tests done with brother Phoenic817
MF Gravity(Counter Mode, Left Spin)SP230 RDF(Mint) vs Phantom Gasher W145 WD
Gravity:0 Wins
Phantom:10 Wins(9 OS,1 KO)

Phantom had more LAD and SP230 blocked Gravity from attacking. My brother's RDF wasn't aggressive since it was new, too. I only did 10 round because it was clear who was going to win.
Now that that is cleared up, I want to see its use in ZG ...
So I did these tests a while back....SP230 is really easy to counter. It pretty much blocks 145, but because it has "spikes", it is really easy to use CH120 and pretty much destroy.

MF-H Flash Lynx CH120RF vs MSF-H Killerken Saramanda SP230CS
Flash: 12/20 (All KO)
Killerken: 8/20 (7 OS, 1 KO)

Killerken Win Rate: 40%

As for spin equalization, it pretty much fails because it is so tall. SP230GF is one of the worst set-ups for GF, because it falls over easily and the disk blocks any chance GF has to KO.
Thanks for those tests Meow!. I thought I would need to use a 145 height because that is what works against E230, but SP230 is clearly different.
Uncertain I am not pleased SP230...

So, what's your quick synopsis ATM guys? Tier 2 Defense?

But truth be told, this needs to be tested as a Dragooon Defense combo, MSF-H Killerken Dragooon SP230 CS/RDF??
Very interesting tests.BD145 was proven for good stamina,but I want to see if SP230 would have any stamina purposes,but it probably won't do good IMO.
I think it would be too tall and too easily thrown off balance to be of use against BGrin and W145 combos... But well, tests never hurt, Phantom Cygnus/Hades SP230 D/EWD??/PD...
Standard Procedure
MF-F Phantom Gasher SP230 D vs Duo Aquario BGrin(6 minute mold)
SP230:9 Wins(All OS)
Duo:1 Win(OS)
1 Tie

MF-F Phantom Gasher SP230 D vs Duo Aquario W145 WD
SP230:6 Wins(All OS)
Duo:4 Wins(All OS)
1 Tie

Wow. SP230 had really good LAD on D. I will upload a video showing a few battles of this later.

Also, for anyone wondering why the battle in the OP decreased by five rounds, I realized last night that my R2F wasn't prime until after the first five rounds, causing Flash to be easily defeated because it couldn't land a good hit fast enough.
(Dec. 26, 2012  6:38 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Standard Procedure
MF-F Phantom Gasher SP230 D vs Duo Aquario BGrin(6 minute mold)
SP230:9 Wins(All OS)
Duo:1 Win(OS)
1 Tie

MF-F Phantom Gasher SP230 D vs Duo Aquario W145 WD
SP230:6 Wins(All OS)
Duo:4 Wins(All OS)
1 Tie

Wow. SP230 had really good LAD on D. I will upload a video showing a few battles of this later.

Also, for anyone wondering why the battle in the OP decreased by five rounds, I realized last night that my R2F wasn't prime until after the first five rounds, causing Flash to be easily defeated because it couldn't land a good hit fast enough.

Wow,I thought it would do really bad for stamina.I guess it is pretty decent.Can you test that MF-F Phantom Cancer/Gasher SP230D against an attack type?
MF-F Phantom Gasher SP230 D vs MF-H Flash Lynx CH120 R2F
Phantom:1 Win(OS)
Flash:7 Wins(All KO)
I don't get why you wanted me to test against this. There was no point in taking it further.