SEGA Saturn

Poll: Saturn?

Yup
100.00%
ew not a ps1 what carp
0%
Total: 100% 5 vote(s)
Another SEGA thread because I'm obsessed.
And as with tradition, a poll if you like it or not.

Recently bought a Japanese Model 1 Saturn. It's a really nice system that I wish had been as popular as the PS1. But alas. No Sonic game, but so many great fighters. And easily one of the best controllers I've used so far.
I do like the controller although I'm only judging on pictures. I've never actually held one. I can't say I like it because I'm just not a sega kinda kid. Nintendo all the way. Although no doubt it's a nice console.
You can't go wrong with Nights Into Dreams, or the superior version of Sonic 3D Blast.

If Sonic Xtreme was released, it could have lasted longer, it was a powerful system with improved technology. Though I hear it was quite hard to produce games in. One of the controllers D-pad does hur my thumb with it's arkward sharp shape.
Man, I just realized that I don't know anything about Sega's consoles, only the Genesis/Megadrive. For my personal culture, I need to know.
(Sep. 08, 2015  3:59 AM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: I do like the controller although I'm only judging on pictures. I've never actually held one. I can't say I like it because I'm just not a sega kinda kid. Nintendo all the way. Although no doubt it's a nice console.

I used to be pro nintendo literally 4 weeks ago.
Now look at me.

(Sep. 08, 2015  11:56 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You can't go wrong with Nights Into Dreams, or the superior version of Sonic 3D Blast.

If Sonic Xtreme was released, it could have lasted longer, it was a powerful system with improved technology. Though I hear it was quite hard to produce games in. One of the controllers D-pad does hur my thumb with it's arkward sharp shape.

The American Model 1 controller is awkward. The Japanese one (or USA Model 2) is very nice, and easily one of my favorite controllers.
Yeah, the model 1 one for the American version was what I was getting at, I haven't held the model 2 controller but it looks pretty good.
The Triggers aren't very great, though. It's literally a plastic piece touching those circular shoulder triggers on the board. No resistance and no pressure necessary.
(Sep. 08, 2015  12:49 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Man, I just realized that I don't know anything about Sega's consoles, only the Genesis/Megadrive. For my personal culture, I need to know.

Here's a jist of the console by Gamesack!

Though here is a fun fact:

-Sega Saturn is actually the very first online console, though the Sega Dreamcast perfected the online capabilities.

(Sep. 08, 2015  11:56 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You can't go wrong with Nights Into Dreams, or the superior version of Sonic 3D Blast.

I love you Jinbee, though them looks are superior, that soundtrack...I'unno! <3

I just...50% agree with you...
Saturn 3D kind of had a better soundtrack, but the Genesis version was more, Sonic.

Nights into Dreams is seriously great though.
The 3D controller is amazing. I've never used such a fantastic joystick before, shame it doesn't work on all games.
The poll above really reminds me of this commercial:

inb4, I would actually drop my PS1 like that.
Neo, you're becoming a member of the Sega army, gonna need to ask you to slow down on the Sega love...This is a subject I'm OP in lol

Sega Saturn did have the best arcade ports ever made, lol. well no not really but they were practically pitch-perfect. That House of the Dead, it's so beautiful <3
Mostly Capcom and SNK ports.
The 1 and 4MG carts really helped.
Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter looks really great!

And the SEGA Army will obliterate the polystatioon brigade
You've really grown attached to Sega haven't you?

Though the Sonic avatar is absolutely awesome!
Ayy, Hyper Sonic is the coolest 100% completion bonus.
Kind of want to get Sonic Jam; looks like a fun compilation but I already have the 4 Genesis carts.
Only get Sonic jam if you wanna experience the easy mode of certain Sonic games(example easy mode for sonic 2 let's you skip certain zones I.E flying fortress)
I only want it for Sonic World. Not much to it, but fresh.