World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
SEGA Saturn - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: SEGA Saturn (/Thread-SEGA-Saturn)

SEGA Saturn - Neo - Sep. 08, 2015

Another SEGA thread because I'm obsessed.
And as with tradition, a poll if you like it or not.

Recently bought a Japanese Model 1 Saturn. It's a really nice system that I wish had been as popular as the PS1. But alas. No Sonic game, but so many great fighters. And easily one of the best controllers I've used so far.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Bladerguy2 - Sep. 08, 2015

I do like the controller although I'm only judging on pictures. I've never actually held one. I can't say I like it because I'm just not a sega kinda kid. Nintendo all the way. Although no doubt it's a nice console.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Jinbee - Sep. 08, 2015

You can't go wrong with Nights Into Dreams, or the superior version of Sonic 3D Blast.

If Sonic Xtreme was released, it could have lasted longer, it was a powerful system with improved technology. Though I hear it was quite hard to produce games in. One of the controllers D-pad does hur my thumb with it's arkward sharp shape.

RE: SEGA Saturn - MissingNo. - Sep. 08, 2015

Man, I just realized that I don't know anything about Sega's consoles, only the Genesis/Megadrive. For my personal culture, I need to know.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Neo - Sep. 09, 2015

(Sep. 08, 2015  3:59 AM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: I do like the controller although I'm only judging on pictures. I've never actually held one. I can't say I like it because I'm just not a sega kinda kid. Nintendo all the way. Although no doubt it's a nice console.

I used to be pro nintendo literally 4 weeks ago.
Now look at me.

(Sep. 08, 2015  11:56 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You can't go wrong with Nights Into Dreams, or the superior version of Sonic 3D Blast.

If Sonic Xtreme was released, it could have lasted longer, it was a powerful system with improved technology. Though I hear it was quite hard to produce games in. One of the controllers D-pad does hur my thumb with it's arkward sharp shape.

The American Model 1 controller is awkward. The Japanese one (or USA Model 2) is very nice, and easily one of my favorite controllers.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Jinbee - Sep. 09, 2015

Yeah, the model 1 one for the American version was what I was getting at, I haven't held the model 2 controller but it looks pretty good.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Neo - Sep. 09, 2015

The Triggers aren't very great, though. It's literally a plastic piece touching those circular shoulder triggers on the board. No resistance and no pressure necessary.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Meta madness - Sep. 13, 2015

(Sep. 08, 2015  12:49 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Man, I just realized that I don't know anything about Sega's consoles, only the Genesis/Megadrive. For my personal culture, I need to know.

Here's a jist of the console by Gamesack!

Though here is a fun fact:

-Sega Saturn is actually the very first online console, though the Sega Dreamcast perfected the online capabilities.

(Sep. 08, 2015  11:56 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You can't go wrong with Nights Into Dreams, or the superior version of Sonic 3D Blast.

I love you Jinbee, though them looks are superior, that soundtrack...I'unno! <3

I just...50% agree with you...

RE: SEGA Saturn - Neo - Sep. 14, 2015

Saturn 3D kind of had a better soundtrack, but the Genesis version was more, Sonic.

Nights into Dreams is seriously great though.
The 3D controller is amazing. I've never used such a fantastic joystick before, shame it doesn't work on all games.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Meta madness - Sep. 15, 2015

The poll above really reminds me of this commercial:

RE: SEGA Saturn - Neo - Sep. 15, 2015

inb4, I would actually drop my PS1 like that.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Meta madness - Sep. 17, 2015

Neo, you're becoming a member of the Sega army, gonna need to ask you to slow down on the Sega love...This is a subject I'm OP in lol

Sega Saturn did have the best arcade ports ever made, lol. well no not really but they were practically pitch-perfect. That House of the Dead, it's so beautiful <3

RE: SEGA Saturn - Neo - Sep. 17, 2015

Mostly Capcom and SNK ports.
The 1 and 4MG carts really helped.
Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter looks really great!

And the SEGA Army will obliterate the polystatioon brigade

RE: SEGA Saturn - Jinbee - Sep. 17, 2015

You've really grown attached to Sega haven't you?

Though the Sonic avatar is absolutely awesome!

Ayy, Hyper Sonic is the coolest 100% completion bonus.
Kind of want to get Sonic Jam; looks like a fun compilation but I already have the 4 Genesis carts.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Meta madness - Sep. 17, 2015

Only get Sonic jam if you wanna experience the easy mode of certain Sonic games(example easy mode for sonic 2 let's you skip certain zones I.E flying fortress)

I only want it for Sonic World. Not much to it, but fresh.

RE: SEGA Saturn - Meta madness - Nov. 16, 2015

filler!~