Rushing Boar/Hammer Tusk Draft

Quote:{{Infobox
| image =
| full item name = Rushing Boar
| item number = N/A (Takara), B-103 (Hasbro)
| beyblade system = [[Magnecore]]
| beyblade type = [[Endurance]]
| starter or booster = Random Booster (Takara), Starter (Hasbro)

==Attack Ring (AR): Hammer Tusk==
*'''Weight:''' 5.2 grams
*'''Maximum Diameter:"' 560mm
*'''Minimum Diameter:''' 440mm
*'''Maximum Height/Thickness:''' 7.5mm
*'''Minimum Height/Thickness:''' 2mm

Hammer Tusk is an AR of relatively average size, and features three boar-like designs facing in the counterclockwise direction. The bodies of the boars are large, blunt, and rounded protrusions, with somewhat ragged edges representing fur. In between each boar there is a gap that exposes a smaller, sharper protrusion representing a tusk. However, because of its shape, this AR performs poorly in nearly all aspects. The tusks interrupt the relatively smooth shape of the AR and cause it to suffer recoil, while not being pronounced enough to provide significant amounts of Smash Attack. As such, this AR is only mediocre for Defense and Endurance purposes, and nearly unusable for Attack. Hammer Tusk is outclassed by other ARs that are also more easily obtainable, such as Tiger Defenser and War Lion for Defense and Endurance and Triple Tiger for Attack.

==Weight Disk (WD): Ten Wide==
*'''Weight:''' 14 grams
'''NOTE: Ten Wide is the WD available with the Hasbro version of this Beyblade. Because parts are randomized in Plastics Random Boosters, this Beyblade may come with a different WD than the one listed.'''

Ten Wide, as its name suggests, is ten-sided and the largest and heaviest of the Wide series WDs. As a result of its increased size and weight, Ten Wide sees more use in customization than Wide or Eight Wide. Like all other Ten series WDs, it features two notches known as Attack Points located on opposing sides of the Disk's perimeter. Because the majority of the weight is distributed around the perimeter of the WD, Ten Wide offers increased movement speed over Ten Balance and Ten Heavy, making it a better choice than those WDs for Smash Attack. However, it is outclassed by Wide Defense in all of these aspects, and should only be used if Wide Defense in unavailable.

==Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Core)==
*'''Weight:''' 4 grams
The Neo Right SG is an upgraded version of the Right SG from the A to F series. Instead of holding a metal ring for weight, this SG can take a variety of different cores, most notably the Double Bearing Core from Burning Kerberous and the Heavy Metal Core (HMC) from Metal Driger. This version has the Metal Weight core, which adds a small amount of weight over a normal SG. However, the North and South Magnecores as well as the HMC are preferred for this purpose.

For more information, see Spin Gear.

==Blade Base (BB): SG Sharp Base==
*'''Weight:''' 7 grams
This is often considered the successor of the Sharp BB.The pointed tip allows for very little friction between the Beyblade and the Stadium surface which helps maintain high spin velocity. This offers very little movement and as such offers no Attack potential. This part is also often thrown off balance and can be easily toppled over. This in turn sacrifices all Defence ability. While this can be used as an advantage in some situations, there are far better choices than this part for Survival types.

==Other Versions==
*'''Rushing Boar''' - Random Booster 10 Version (Bloody Red)
*'''Rushing Boar''' - Random Booster 10 Version (Blizzard Blue)
*'''Rushing Boar''' - Hasbro Starter Version (Light Green)

==Gallery==

==Overall==
While the Neo Right SG casings are staple parts for many competitive Plastics customs, they can be acquired from many other, more useful Beyblades such as Burning Kerberous or Driger V2. The AR and BB are subpar, and the WD is also found in a number of more useful Beyblades. Therefore, '''Rushing Boar should only be purchased for collection purposes.'''

I can provide pictures if needed, but my Rushing Boar’s stickers are kinda beat up and some are missing. Neo Ultra ~Stoney~ does this look good to you? I can't find the A-# for the Random Booster, and I'm unsure whether Rushing Boar is supposed to be a Defense type or Endurance type...

Also, Kai-V, would this count for both the Beywiki draft and the Project of the Moment in the Scavenger hunt?
Hi Wombat, I believe Rushing Boar can be found in Random Booster 10. I have a few NIP.
It was a Hasbro Starter, so it should be mentioned "Random Booster, Starter".
I think you should make this a full draft and elaborate on the rest of the parts.
Pictures would be nice, but maybe Stoney has one in better condition?
Don't forget your product list, as well Smile
(Dec. 22, 2015  7:24 AM)Neo Wrote: It was a Hasbro Starter, so it should be mentioned "Random Booster, Starter".
I think you should make this a full draft and elaborate on the rest of the parts.

I will add the information about the Starter, but all of the other parts are so generic that they have their own pages on Beywiki, it seems.

Do you know which EG/Base the Hasbro version comes with?

(Dec. 22, 2015  7:35 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Don't forget your product list, as well Smile

Random Booster 10 is not on the Product List, and I can't find a Hasbro product list for Plastics. Even looked up pictures of both RB10 and Hasbro boxes and didn't see an A-# on there.

(Dec. 22, 2015  7:02 AM)xVaretyr Wrote: Hi Wombat, I believe Rushing Boar can be found in Random Booster 10. I have a few NIP.

I know it can be found in Random Booster 10, thanks. If you have one NIP would you mind looking to see what the product code (A-#) is?
I know the Hasbro version has the same base.
And according to this video http://youtu.be/1YbW-nhWYPQ it has 10 wide.
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rush...ro_box.JPG this also backs that claim.
Also, shouldn't it be random weight disk instead of 10 balance? I know RBs have random WDs.

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Be...r_B103.pdf
B-103.
Don't forget this; Hasbro documented most of their instructions online!!
Hm, if the information is not contested, then I think this is all good. For the three bottom parts though, since we can import parts now, we should not write "See x" in descriptions anymore and instead create one "Weight Dis - Ten Balance" article that will automatically show up in every Beyblade article that has it.
(Dec. 22, 2015  8:55 AM)Neo Wrote: I know the Hasbro version has the same base.
And according to this video http://youtu.be/1YbW-nhWYPQ it has 10 wide.
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rush...ro_box.JPG this also backs that claim.
Also, shouldn't it be random weight disk instead of 10 balance? I know RBs have random WDs.

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Be...r_B103.pdf
B-103.
Don't forget this; Hasbro documented most of their instructions online!!

Huh, I could have sworn it was "supposed" to have 10 Balance (Like Apollon is "supposed" to have 10 Wide). Must have just been in the anime or something. But yeah thanks for the instructions! I had no idea those would still be up on the actual Hasbro site, I figured they would have been long deleted once Hasbro stopped producing Bakuten Shoot.

(Dec. 22, 2015  3:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, if the information is not contested, then I think this is all good. For the three bottom parts though, since we can import parts now, we should not write "See x" in descriptions anymore and instead create one "Weight Dis - Ten Balance" article that will automatically show up in every Beyblade article that has it.

I went ahead and wrote sections for the SG and WD, but just took the SG Sharp section straight from the Beywiki page. Is that OK?
(Dec. 22, 2015  8:04 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2015  7:24 AM)Neo Wrote: It was a Hasbro Starter, so it should be mentioned "Random Booster, Starter".

I will add the information about the Starter, but all of the other parts are so generic that they have their own pages on Beywiki, it seems.

Do you know which EG/Base the Hasbro version comes with?

(Dec. 22, 2015  7:35 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Don't forget your product list, as well Smile

Random Booster 10 is not on the Product List, and I can't find a Hasbro product list for Plastics. Even looked up pictures of both RB10 and Hasbro boxes and didn't see an A-# on there.

(Dec. 22, 2015  7:02 AM)xVaretyr Wrote: Hi Wombat, I believe Rushing Boar can be found in Random Booster 10. I have a few NIP.

I know it can be found in Random Booster 10, thanks. If you have one NIP would you mind looking to see what the product code (A-#) is?

You know for sure it came from RB10 and was in a hasbro starter? Just that is better than nothing in my opinion .
Yes. Look at the existing page on Beyblade Wikia. It has the Hasbro box as an image.
Random boosters for the old gen don't have product numbers. I'd say this is is done other than putting the other colours from the random and the hasbro version as other versions.
(Dec. 23, 2015  9:50 AM)Ultra Wrote: Random boosters for the old gen don't have product numbers. I'd say this is is done other than putting the other colours from the random and the hasbro version as other versions.

(Dec. 23, 2015  3:53 PM)Nocto Wrote: Blue Version pictures

Make a habit of looking through that thread.

Thank you for the input guys, and I'll be sure to keep that thread in mind whenever I write a new draft for Beywiki. Once the weather clears up here I'll take some pictures of my green one.
That looks awesome, I think. Just make sure to mention the two Attack Points on Ten Wide, I suppose, to make sure that as much information as possible is grabbed from the general article : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...ight_Disks

Also, since it has so much comparative information, perhaps there should always be a link to the global article on Spin Gears as well as the description of the part itself, so someone should move this to Beyblade Wiki : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...Spin_Gears

Only one problem though : our Beyblade Parts List, which also needs to be moved and stickied somewhere on Beyblade Wiki, lists this Spin Gear always as "(Metal Weight version)", and only mentions "core" in the general Spin Gear article. What is the official name of this part ?
@[Kai-V]

Name of the parts in Japanese from the Random Booster 10 instruction sheet:
[Image: 12241503.jpg]

Name of Hasbro/English parts from the instruction sheet of Dranzer V2 Championship Series:
[Image: 12241502.jpg]

Name of HMS Hasbro/English parts for HMS, since I have no clue where you guys are at and what you're missing:
[Image: 12241501.jpg]
Hah, alright. Metal Weight Core it is. I have no idea why it is written "Metal Weight version" everywhere on the Beyblade Parts List though; whoever moves it to Beyblade Wiki should take the time to replace the 'version' in each instance of "Metal Weight version" with "Core".
Strange; they call it Spinning Core yet the stickers and customize cases remain to say Running Core.
At this point, HMS Beyblades no longer came in carrying cases, but in something resembling mold sprue from Plastics. Do you have HMS instructions from one of the Beyblades that came in set? Hasbro's never been very consistent in adapting his stickers.

And since we're on the subject of names, here's a multilingual leaflet on Magnacore releases:
[Image: 122415021.jpg]
[Image: 122415031.jpg]
(Dec. 24, 2015  6:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That looks awesome, I think. Just make sure to mention the two Attack Points on Ten Wide, I suppose, to make sure that as much information as possible is grabbed from the general article : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...ight_Disks

Also, since it has so much comparative information, perhaps there should always be a link to the global article on Spin Gears as well as the description of the part itself, so someone should move this to Beyblade Wiki : http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...Spin_Gears

Only one problem though : our Beyblade Parts List, which also needs to be moved and stickied somewhere on Beyblade Wiki, lists this Spin Gear always as "(Metal Weight version)", and only mentions "core" in the general Spin Gear article. What is the official name of this part ?

Sorry for the slow response, but I added some information about the Attack Points and plan to link to the Spin Gear article once this goes on the Wiki.

As for the name discrepancy, Beyblade Wiki uses the Hasbro names for everything (except for products that Hasbro has yet to release names for), but if both "Metal Weight Version" and "Metal Weight Core" are used in official instructions I don't see why one would be less valid than the other.
Metal weight is the name for any non magnetic core for the V/V2 series (other than Dragoon V2's plastic one of course).