Ruling Update: Hasbro Beyblade Burst Parts now legal! + Hasbro Only Burst Format

(Oct. 06, 2016  5:07 AM)Cake Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2016  4:57 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: Will the hasbro-only format require TT launchers/stadiums, or will it be hasbro through and through?

It will require the same Takara stadiums as the unlimited format, and presumably Takara launchers are strongly encouraged (though not enforced), since Hasbro's are terrible.

Bingo.
Speaking of which, what exactly is wrong with the blue Beystadium anyway? It's basically the same thing without the giant shield which bothers me. What are the dimension differences?
(Oct. 06, 2016  2:18 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Speaking of which, what exactly is wrong with the blue Beystadium anyway? It's basically the same thing without the giant shield which bothers me. What are the dimension differences?

It's not at all the same thing. It's way smaller, the slope is much shallower, there is no space between the inner ridge and the pockets, the pockets can easily be bounced out of ...

Takara-Tomy's Burst BeyStadium is easily in the upper echelons of their stadium designs; it's better than BB-10 (hated that shallow ridge since the day it came out), and I would say the only stadium with a bitter floor shape is Tornado Attack (the undisputed king).

Don't forget that the Japanese stadiums came with those ugly cardboard barriers you were supposed to use. Of course, nobody actually used them, but Burst's gameplay mechanics make some kind of barrier necessary. The barrier TT designed is really nice and the way the stadium is assembled is very elegant. I also think it's visually the nicest looking stadium in Beyblade history. It's a bit more difficult to do launching techniques but you adapt to it.
I just feel like the hasbro-only format should use hasbro stadiums because the people who are buying hasbro blades are buying them because they don't have access to TT products, so these players will still have trouble getting tournament materials together.
(Oct. 06, 2016  10:43 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: I just feel like the hasbro-only format should use hasbro stadiums because the people who are buying hasbro blades are buying them because they don't have access to TT products, so these players will still have trouble getting tournament materials together.

I agree with you on this. I know there aren't many bladers in Texas besides me, but beyblades have stopped being sold here altogether until january 1st, so not only do i not have access to the burst beyblades of takara tomy, stores around my area do not even have the hasbro products in stock. I could always get these things online, but that is more trouble than it is worth.
(Oct. 06, 2016  10:43 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: I just feel like the hasbro-only format should use hasbro stadiums because the people who are buying hasbro blades are buying them because they don't have access to TT products, so these players will still have trouble getting tournament materials together.

It's extremely easy to buy Japanese Beyblade items online now, and we are willing to help organizers procure supplies, as always. But the Hasbro-stadium play experience is absolutely awful and we're not going to inflict it on players at our tournaments. Rather, our tournaments should be a place for people who don't have their own Japanese stadiums to try them out.
We also want to make sure that all combination types have a fair chance of succeeding, whereas most of Hasbro's BeyStadiums are unable to cater to Attack types.
I've noticed that the springs are not as powerful in the Hasbro burst drivers, but that only helps the parts not fly out of the stadium when a burst finish happens, and this does not affect proformance.