Rules on serious customization?

So, I was at home from work yesterday and spent the day learning about Beyblades, watched tournaments on YouTube, and learned about the variations. This site is great and the people are very kind.  So,  when I ask this question bear in mind it come from a boy scout pine wood derby mentality with a creative spark and not solely some sort of competitive edge. Also,  we own zero actual beyblades currently. 

Can beyblades be altered? 
By altered I mean can parts be shaved,  puttied for expansive sculpting,  painted for cool looks, weighted in areas,  ETC 

I tried to find a link that explains the UNIVERSAL rules like they have for Pinewood Derby cars or RC cars and I could not find them so a link would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks again to this community.  I am not going to lie, if we get into this I could see hosting a battle in Port Huron one day (I see I need some credibility).  It's a great spot for USA to CANANDA connection but also easily accessible for the other states. I could get some fun sponsors too for some great prizes.
Hey there,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the WBO! As for your question about altering Beyblades, the answer is a definite no. While these sort of modifications can be very cool to do for fun, in WBO Organized Play events we strive to create as even of a playing field as possible. Allowing for custom modifications like that would potentially give unfair advantages to the players who perform them. We don't want it to be expected for players to have to modify their Beyblades in order to be competitive; it should be based solely on their launching skill, parts customization (as in swapping parts regularly with no modifications to create new combos) skill, and so forth with Beyblades as they were originally manufactured.

You can find all of our Rules & Resources here, including rulebooks for each format. In each rulebook there's rules listed stating the illegality of things such as the application of foreign substances to your Beyblades/Launchers and the illegality of significantly worn parts. Painting parts for aesthetic reasons is permitted for some formats and is stated explicitly in the rulebook when it is. See the rulebooks for more details.

Hope this helps! If there's anything we can do to help regarding the organization of an event, please feel free to contact one of our WBO Organized Play Contributors. You can learn more about how to become an Organizer here.
(Feb. 15, 2018  12:32 AM)BeybladerDad Wrote: Can beyblades be altered? 
By altered I mean can parts be shaved,  puttied for expansive sculpting,  painted for cool looks, weighted in areas,  ETC 

Suppose it's predictable at this point for me to show up in a thread about illegally modifying Beyblades. But I really came here because I noticed your signature; you've basically got a whole WBO tournament in your own family and I think that's beyond awesome. What a cool Dad.

So you know, you mentioned Pinewood Derby and I recently did a round of gaming conventions (to spread the word about my Silver Shell Kickstarter) where at least half a dozen Beyblading fathers described similar inspirations for their newfound interest in top fighting. Beyblade is a great game to share with your kids and you'll notice they pick up the physics behind it almost naturally. But the recent products do lack a certain "backyard science" element which I think a lot of Beyblading parents lament when playing the game themselves.

When my father was young, his hobby was Kite Fighting. You make your own kite, you make your own blade, you fight your rivals for real and the winner takes all. That was REAL combat and you really had to understand how your kite worked in order to build it and win with it. That's really what the Silver Shell project is about. You can do all the things you mentioned in your post and more.

But you cannot use Silver Shell stuff in WBO tournaments - nor is Silver Shell supported or endorsed by the WBO in any way. It is a different game and really has nothing to do with the WBO - except that it was essentially made by me and I'm running the Kickstarter.

Bear in mind that Beyblade is basically the pinnacle of fighting top technology right now - which makes the WBO the pinnacle ruleset for Beyblade gaming. The WBO rules are the result of years and years of vigorous testing and tuning by thousands of players all over the world. If you want tournament-style play, Beyblade and the WBO is where you'll get it.

If you want to take the concept a little too far and experiment with crafting your own tops, then maybe check out my project blog.
(Feb. 15, 2018  11:18 AM)Beylon Wrote: You can do all the things you mentioned in your post and more.

do you have a recommended player age for those homemade beigoma?
(Feb. 15, 2018  2:08 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2018  11:18 AM)Beylon Wrote: You can do all the things you mentioned in your post and more.

do you have a recommended player age for those homemade beigoma?

Not officially, as there are some local Australian laws which prevent me selling them as "toys" and preclude me from using an age recommendation. Weird, right?

Unofficially, I put these in the same realm as modelling knives and power tools. If you're good with those, you're good with these. Parental supervision is a subjective issue, but I'd personally err on the side of caution - the biggest risk being the choking hazzard to nearby children, followed by potential flying debris (just like using power tools, always use protective eyewear).
Used all links,  saved them,  downloaded all. ... You rock!  Exactly what I needed. 

Still having the great debate of TT or hasbro.
(Feb. 16, 2018  5:48 AM)BeybladerDad Wrote: Used all links,  saved them,  downloaded all. ... You rock!  Exactly what I needed. 

with Hasbro vs TT, in burst hasbro uses slopes so the problem of teeth wearing down is removed but TT has better launchers and has special layers that Hasbro didn't release, Hasbro also has a few exclusive layers also. But hasbro didn't make certain drivers.

it could go either way.
(Feb. 16, 2018  5:48 AM)BeybladerDad Wrote: Used all links,  saved them,  downloaded all. ... You rock!  Exactly what I needed. 

i highly prefer TT. specifically for the teeth and also for the appearance.  generally the core critism of TT beys are non-japan availability and price. 

oddly due to hasbro supply issues, many switchstrike beys are not available right now and as a result, they are being scalped as well! 

if you are buying into a system right now, TT’s final god layer regular release is tomorrow. that means you have an entire system out there, ready to be picked from. however that also means the next generation of TT beys is right around the corner, and new generations usually dominate previous ones (and might not even be compatible at all). 

as far as USA TT  bey resellers 
i use these guys for everything i can:
http://stores.ebay.com/88powerpig88/

http://stores.ebay.com/2011sizemore/

they both usually ship the same day
and they package things safely 

you can probably save 10% or more by using a japanese or korean reseller, only if you use their “free” economy shipping which takes 2-3 weeks if everything goes perfectly.
Clutch info as before RedPanda2. Did not know TT was due to drop.

REALLY APPRECIATE the seller links as well.

Honestly, I really like the colors in the TT as well and it seems like the price is between $5-10 more that isn't crazy.

I think I will get 7 TT if I can rather than try to get all 12 Hasbro. I am getting a Hasbro Stadium. I want to get a hold of the official tourney stadium I see in videos but it runs $75-100
(Feb. 11, 2018  5:19 AM)ptf606 Wrote: But how about with Bearing?
I like how he pulle I like how bolded the “no”
(Feb. 17, 2018  8:05 AM)Steeper Turnip Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2018  5:19 AM)ptf606 Wrote: But how about with Bearing?
I like how he pulle I like how bolded the “no”

What? That was on a different thread. I never posted on this until now.