Round 5 GFX Battle: Omega Vs BeyBladestation

(Aug. 07, 2011  12:14 AM)Resistance Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  7:15 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  6:59 AM)Wolverine Mode Wrote: Entry 1.
Entry 1 seems more realistic and entry 2 was made funny while Armageddon is like to be an explosion.
Wait what?

What is this Armageddon?

HUH? THE subject was changed. That is not the case in the Round Fixtures thread....

Armageddon and doomsday are pretty much exactly the same thing.

Err...I don't know if anybody knows, but just to clarify. Armageddon comes from Christianity, and is the final battle between God and Satan where a series of events happen. So technically, neither entry fits. :\
I didn't evenknow therewas a subject change! I'm quite confused now.

I wasn't aware of this for my design would have much different.

I'm willing to redo this because:

Subject change
Kai-V'a vote
My "terrible" "stupid" "retarded" "funny" and "dumb"'entry.
Entry 1. It actually showed the Earth (if it was the Earth) exploding.
BBS, calm down bro. You are over reacting a bit. I think that this should be entirely redone. A new theme and all.
He says it shows the Earth exploding. Jeez, let them vote in peace Tired
Didn't see that part for some reason Srry
(Aug. 06, 2011  7:15 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  6:59 AM)Wolverine Mode Wrote: Entry 1.
Entry 1 seems more realistic and entry 2 was made funny while Armageddon is like to be an explosion.
Wait what?

What is this Armageddon?

HUH? THE subject was changed. That is not the case in the Round Fixtures thread....

Sorry, that is my fault. The subject hasn't changed I simply wrote the wrong thing in the OP.

At the moment I don't see there being any need for a redo. The theme I posted in the OP was 'Armageddon - The End of the World', I was supposed to write 'Doomsday - The End of The World'. Currently, I don't believe that the change of the word of 'Doomsday' to 'Armageddon' will create any difference in peoples perception of the theme, considering that there is the further explanation of 'The End of The World'. Both terms of 'Doomsday' and 'Armageddon' are acceptable terms for the concepts of, 'The End of The World'.

(Aug. 07, 2011  1:21 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: I'm willing to redo this because:

Subject change
Kai-V'a vote
My "terrible" "stupid" "retarded" "funny" and "dumb"'entry.

Some of the comments are harsh, calling your Entry or the set of words chosen in your Entry 'retarded' are over stepping the mark. For this reason alone, I can understand how you would feel in this situation when your entry is being heavily criticized. However, unfortunately in this particular battle the public view Entry 1 as being better designed, not just theme wise but also graphically. I'm sorry, but I can't change the public's perception of your Entry.

Honestly, I think both entries are fine. They're two completely different interpretations of the theme. I quite enjoy the contrast, lol.

I haven't voted yet, but I genuinely prefer Entry 2. I feel as though Entry 2 has captured the idea of the theme better, whilst both entries are practically on par with each other graphically. Perhaps, if the participant who created Entry 2 decided to use another set of words instead of the chosen set, they may have been able to create a better sense of panic in their entry. I like the subtle hint that Entry 2 is conveying that the end of the world will occur in a certain region of the world (not mentioning), I find this addition to be quite contemporary.

I appreciate the concept which Entry 1 is trying to accomplish, however I really don't like the white brush strokes which are applied on top of the explosion. I assume there supposed represent noise, wind, or some sort of force created by the explosion. But I simply think if Entry 1 had used less white brush strokes, we would be able to appreciate the blast which is created and it would look more visually appealing.

This is by no means a sympathy vote, I genuinely prefer Entry 2.

Score check!

Entry 1: 20
Entry 2: 2
Understood, thanks for telling me your thoughts.
i just like no 1, just more apealing to me. though, for entry 2, a redish earth would have worked better i say.
Score check!

Entry 1: 21
Entry 2: 2
Voting will close tomorrow, this is your last chance to vote!
Voting is now closed!

Final Score:

Entry 1/Omega: 21
Entry 2/BeyBladestation: 2

Congratulations Omega! We'll find out very shortly whether you have done enough to progress towards the finals!