Round 1 GFX Battle: Electric Vs AtomicFang

Tally of Votes:

Entry 1: 3 Votes
Entry 2: 18 Votes

*Voting Closes on the 18th of July*
My vote goes to Entry 1, because of the good use of faded/non-faded images in the red background of, well, evil of course ! And with a nice text in a nice blending red font saying "Resident Evil". Although the person who made it put in too much faded text, I still vote for Entry 1.

Why Not Entry 2?:

I thought the pic was plain, and needed more pics to add, but with a nice black/white background with white/black fire.

Actually, it was tough to decide on, but good job to both Electric and AtomicFang, and good effort, too.
Entry 2. Text blends in nicely and it has a focal point.
I vote entry one. Entry two looks like a pic slapped on a background with a faded word in the left. Entry one has a lot more, how should I say, 'oomph' in it to me.
Entry 1 although I'm not to keen on both, entry 2 seems t be bare, and does not have much of a feel of zombies...

entry 1 also has a good fade, an describes a lot more to you...
I vote entry two it just seemed better to me from the start.
Entry 2 Same reason as NoodooSoup and that Entry1 is badly cut and why with the text? if there wasnt text i might have voted for 1 oh well Uncertain
I'm voting for Entry 2. The creator has created a much better focal point which draws the eye much more efficiently then Entry 1 which seems a little confusing to look at.

Score check!

Entry 1: 3
Entry 2: 4
entry 2
Entry 2.

Entry 1 has three focal's which draw your attention while entry 2 has one focal but its placed in the center , which is a bad composition IMO. Entry 2 also has a focal point and the text in entry 1 seems very distracting to me. Although both of them don't have much effects in them.
Entry two. As much as the choice of image for the focal point is somewhat poor (he looks quite awkward), Entry 1 is far too cluttered with the randomly placed "RESIDENT EVIL"'s all over it. Plus I like how number two has two separate sides.

Marks off number two for the random "CHRIS" at the side, which is awkward and hard to see, and should've been left out, but number one is just far too cluttered, and yeah "RESIDENT EVIL RESIDENT EVIL RESIDENT EVIL RESIDENT EVIL RESIDENT EVIL".

So that's number 2 for me.

I really like the title image though Wink
I vote for Entry 2.

it is much cleaner that 1, and has a nice effect
i would like to vote for 2 sig because it looks truely awesome and also nicely blended
(Jul. 12, 2011  1:09 PM)th!nk Wrote: Entry 1 is far too cluttered with the randomly placed "RESIDENT EVIL"'s all over it.

So true, ruins entry 1.

Entry 2 has a vocal point and I like the Black and White effect looks pretty cool Smile

I vote for Entry 2
I vote Entry 2. I think it's more 3d and entry 1 is a bit blurry.
Entry one : If you do not have anything to say, do not say anything.

Entry two is much better.
I vote 2.

Sorry too tired to give reason, I will if needed but prefer not to.....I could of typed one by now.....

I like the smoke misty thing in the background, I think it would of been great even without the text and the background just fits in with the render.
I vote for entry 2. Entry 1 is really cluttered with the text, and has no real focal point.
entry 2
Number 2! It has a clear and vivid focal point! It also has a very nice blend of "The Rule of the Thirds" Text placement.
@BBS : Hey ! Don't go telling around people ''The Rule Of The Thirds'' text placement Wink !
Score check:

Entry 1: 3
Entry 2: 18
I'll go Entry 2 because it looks a lot nicer.