Roots

"Roots"

There are times when I look into your eyes
And the whole world seems to come to a halt;
Something bright flares as I watch your smile rise
And I know that I am the cause; the fault.
Skin against skin, my hand locked within yours,
Holding the suspended moment together,
As time pressing from outside whirls and roars;
We will hold strong, for love is our tether.
While we may be fools caught in the howling storm
Of time as it marches endlessly forward,
We will huddle to keep each other warm
And in turn blossom, like the rose, empowered.

One day, years from now, we will reap the fruits
Of the care we took in planting such strong roots.
this is really deep... i cant relate because im only 12 but yeh this is deep...
:') Touching. I get what you're trying to say. I can't put it into words like you can, but I get it.

So, this is kind of a (happier) continuation of "Snare"? Or am I overthinking this? Either way, best of luck, man. Smile It's nice.
(Aug. 03, 2011  6:01 AM)Roan Wrote: "Roots"

wow nice deep meaning but i m a little confused is it about friendship or love anyways it is very good
I usually find it hard to get the true meanings in written poetry but this has captivated me.
It's deep (cliche but it's true!) and meaningful; and makes me happy when I read it.
Plus the image it creates in my mind is just amazing.

Nice work Roan. (:
your trying to say through thick and thin you'll always stay with your lover?
This is really deep, I always hate poems but this amazingCrying
(Aug. 03, 2011  12:20 PM)Odin Wrote: So, this is kind of a (happier) continuation of "Snare"? Or am I overthinking this? Either way, best of luck, man. Smile It's nice.

I didn't intentionally write it as a continuation of Snare, but I can definitely see the relationship between the two of them and why you might think that.

Xlr8 Wrote:wow nice deep meaning but i m a little confused is it about friendship or love anyways it is very good

It was written about love, but it can be interpreted about friendship as well.

Trident Wrote:your trying to say through thick and thin you'll always stay with your lover?

Essentially, yes, that's what it boils down to.

blah Wrote:I usually find it hard to get the true meanings in written poetry but this has captivated me.
It's deep (cliche but it's true!) and meaningful; and makes me happy when I read it.
Plus the image it creates in my mind is just amazing.

Nice work Roan. (:

Most of my work tends to be more lofty and intellectual, but lately I've been making a conscious effort to be more direct and clear with my writing, while still making a statement. The art in poetry doesn't come from using big, impressive words, especially if no one knows what they mean. The art in poetry comes from taking a moment, a snapshot in time, and capturing it in words that relate that moment and the feelings surrounding it to other people.
This is better than your last one Smile

I can totally connect with the moment you are describing, and feel the emotion you are portraying. Very well done, master Roan Wink
(Aug. 03, 2011  5:34 PM)Sparta Wrote: This is better than your last one Smile

I can totally connect with the moment you are describing, and feel the emotion you are portraying. Very well done, master Roan Wink

I assume you're referring to The Florist? Yeah, that was one of my more experimental pieces and there wasn't any actual emotional weight behind it, I was sort of making it up as I went.

I'm glad to hear that the message came across so loud and clear to this many people. That's the hardest part about writing poetry. You don't want to overly obscure the meaning and alienate people from connecting with the emotions you're portraying, but at the same time you don't want to beat people over the head with it. It's a very tough balance to find!
This is one that I really like because I can understand it a it can come across someone in different ways.
The title, it brings back mermories. I hate that my name it Tobi. Uncertain <OffTopicness
(Aug. 03, 2011  6:01 AM)Roan Wrote: "Roots"

Dude, this is really deep :') I can barely relate because I'm young but I know a good poem about love when I see it.