Rock Giraffe R145WB Article Draft

I tried mixing the two drafts' points to make a good final result :

Quote:Note : Hasbro changed Giraffe's name to "Zurafa" in worldwide releases, probably due to copyright reasons.

Face: Giraffe
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Camelopardalis, one of the 88 constellations in space. Although generally portrayed as a giraffe, Chinese mythology associates a whole other beast to this constellation, and that is what appears on the Giraffe Face : a horse with the head of a dragon, surrounded by fire. The word 'Giraffe' is written across the length of its body.

Clear Wheel: Giraffe
Weight: 2.8 grams

The Giraffe Clear Wheel was originally released in a transparent yellow-green color with orange details. The Clear wheel is oval-shaped with curved lines of orange fire, as well as two small notches sticking out, resembling giraffe heads.

Track: Rubber 145
Weight: 4.7 grams

The R145 Track is among the heavy Tracks of Metal Fight Beyblade, however it is one of the lightest in its class. This Track is shaped similarly to WD145, but instead of the 'wings' being made of plastic, they are made of hard rubber, and are also even more widely spread. Its composition has two parts to facilitate production and assembly in the factories : a main black body with three protrusions that have small hooks to grab onto the second piece, which is the three-winged orange rubber part. The concept of this Track is to absorb hits from low Attackers, which does work occasionally. However, as with WD145, some Recoil is produced because of the gaps between the wings, which are relatively wide, and the contact points. Consequently, R145’s heavy weight does not fully make up for its Recoil. These gaps also affect its shock absorption ability. Because of this, it is slightly outclassed in Defense against low Attackers by GB145, even. Another problem is that its wide shape and low placement cause a massive decrease of Spin Velocity when it scrapes the stadium floor, similar to C145’s and ED145’s flaws. Still, the heavy weight it does have makes it a lowly useful Defensive part against taller Smash Attackers, and can be used as an alternative to the Tracks mentioned above only when all of them are unavailable. The Recoil, oddly can work in favor of either beys : one bounces back, but the other does too, because of the properties of rubber. Also, in further testing, R145 has also been able to find a home in specific Attack combos thanks to those attributes.

Use in Defensive Customization
R145 can be used in the defensive combo, MF-H Death Bull R145RS. The weight of R145 is able help boost this combo's performance, and add smash to deflect hits.

Use in Attack Customization
Gravity Perseus R145RF (Counter Mode, Right Spin) is good combo to use R145's Recoil and smash ability to good use.

Bottom: Wide Ball
Weight: 0.7 grams

WB is essentially B, with a larger spherical surface, hence “wide”. As a result, it is seen as an improvement over B in terms of Defensive qualities. This is because of the greater surface area in contact with the Stadium floor at any one time. However, because of this wider contact area, the Bottom also causes more movement compared to B. This is disadvantageous when facing an Attack type, because the Defense customization is closer to the Stadium exits, hence increasing the likelihood of a KO. To prevent this, many launch WB-based customizations at about 60-70% power, meaning that the Beyblade itself stays in the centre, while retaining the defensive qualities of WB. Over time, and with the introduction of better Defense Bottoms composed of rubber, this Bottom has however long been extinct from competitive play and now serves no purpose at all.

Other Versions:
Poison Giraffe S130MB - BB-86 - Beyblade Deck Attack & Defense Set (Purple Poison, clear white Giraffe)
Rock Giraffe/Zurafa R145WB - Hasbro Faceoff Set: Crushing Blast (Dark red Rock and WB, dark turquoise Giraffe and R145)

Overall:
Rock Giraffe R145WB is arguably one of the best Hybrid Wheel System Defense type uncustomized, but that still makes it considerably outclassed to the top-tier customizations. For instance, R145 does have its risks, but if used properly, it can be a good defensive Track. This part is also decent for Attack, which is how it’s mostly used these days. Furthermore, WB is heavily outclassed now. All in all, the Track is its only part with potential, so '''there is little to no reason to purchase this Beyblade outside of collection purposes'''.

Let me know what you think of it. I slightly updated the Wide Ball section.
Maybe you should put the anti-attack combo with R145: MF-H Diablo Kerbecs R145R2F ? I have heard it is effective.
For the "Other Versions" you should have the Crushing Blast Faceoff Giraffe: Red MW, Blue Face and CW, blue R145, red WB.
I am hesitant to even put the expression "Anti-Attack" on Beywiki ...
Oh? Is it not a WBO official term?
It is obscure, and in a way, it appears to be as 'unofficial' a term as "Destabilizers". Some people even just call it Defense sometimes.
Tah dah! I was actually going to update this tomorrow, haha! Sweet!

I'm going to go through and do a couple simple re-wordings, but I think you should only put MF Basalt R145RF, and under Defense. It truly has all the positive qualities you wrote about the the main R145 section, and I'd put it in Defense because even though it moves like an Attacker, the primary and best use for it is to beat Attackers, which I think makes it fit in defense.

But I like it! And I didn't have to do the hard work! (haha, I have to do barely anything)
Personally I think the Overall should be: "Those who already have staple parts should own this beyblade", just my opinion since R145 is still a good part and it comes only with Giraffe in takara tomy, but again its my opinion, but I
agree it shouldn't be seen as a top purchase either.
(May. 12, 2012  11:26 PM)D-Quetzalcoatl Wrote:
Personally I think the Overall should be: "Those who already have staple parts should own this beyblade", just my opinion since R145 is still a good part and it comes only with Giraffe in takara tomy, but again its my opinion, but I

If you already have the staple parts and that you just want to be competitive, then why would you even consider buying Rock Giraffe ? It is not worth it at all, especially if you already have all the staples ...
D-Quetz if you already have CH120 there's no point in buying this. Also has anyone recently used R145 for defence? Oh and the first sentence of the overall doesn't make much sense. It sounds like you're saying that the fact that it's the best uncustomised defence bey makes it outclassed.
(May. 13, 2012  12:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 12, 2012  11:26 PM)D-Quetzalcoatl Wrote:

If you already have the staple parts and that you just want to be competitive, then why would you even consider buying Rock Giraffe ? It is not worth it at all, especially if you already have all the staples ...
Im sorry I forgot the part where it is suppose to say "Those already with a large collection and staple parts, it is welcomed to have it in your collection." but actually this time Ultra gave me the right idea, it could also end the overall as, "Unless you are unable to get CH120 then there is no reason to purchase this beyblade asides from collection purposes", anything wrong with this suggestion?
I changed the Overall section slightly.
Here's the small edits I said I'd do
(May. 12, 2012  1:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I tried mixing the two drafts' points to make a good final result :

Quote:Face: Giraffe
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Camelopardalis, one of the 88 constellations in space. Although generally portrayed as a giraffe, Chinese mythology associates a whole other beast to this constellation, and that is what appears on the Giraffe Face : a horse with the head of a dragon, surrounded by fire. The word 'Giraffe' is written across the length of its body.

Clear Wheel: Giraffe
Weight: 2.8 grams

The Giraffe Clear Wheel was originally released in a transparent yellow-green color with orange details. The Clear wheel is oval-shaped with curved lines of orange fire, as well as two small notches sticking out, resembling giraffe heads.

Track: Rubber 145
Weight: 4.7 grams

The R145 track is one of the last of the heaviest Tracks.(By that sentence, do you mean it was among the heaviest, or released as on of the last of the heavy ones) This Track is shaped similarly to WD145, but instead of the ‘wings’ being made of plastic, they are made of hard rubber, and are also even more widely spread. Its composition has two parts to facilitate production and assembly in the factories : a main black body with three protrusions that have small hooks to grab onto the second piece, which is the three-winged orange rubber part. The concept of this Track is to absorb hits from low Attackers, which does work occasionally. However, as with WD145, some Recoil is produced because of the gaps between the wings, which are relatively wide, and the contact points. Consequently, R145’s heavy weight does not fully make up for its Recoil. These gaps also affect its shock absorption ability. Because of this, it is slightly outclassed in Defense against low Attackers by BD145, GB145 and 230.(Just to show more specifically what it's defense is like, I think we should remove BD145 and 230, because those are in another league) Another problem is that its wide shape and low placement cause a massive decrease of Spin Velocity when it scrapes the stadium floor, similar to C145’s and ED145’s flaws. Still, the heavy weight it does have has makes it a lowly useful Defensive part against taller Smash Attackers, and can be used as an alternative to the Tracks mentioned above only when all of them are unavailable. The Recoil, oddly can work in favor of either beys : one bounces back, but the other does too, because of the properties of rubber. Also, in further testing, R145 has also been able to find a home in specific Attack combos thanks to those attributes.

Use in Defensive Customization
R145 can be used in the defensive combo, MF-H Death Bull R145RS. The weight of R145 is able help boost this combo's performance, and add smash to deflect hits.

Use in Attack Customization
Gravity Perseus R145RF (Counter Mode, Right Spin) is good combo to use R145's Recoil and smash ability to good use.

Bottom: Wide Ball
Weight: 0.7 grams

WB is essentially B, with a larger spherical surface, hence “wide”. As a result, it is seen as an improvement over B in terms of Defensive qualities. This is because of the greater surface area in contact with the Stadium floor at any one time. However, because of this wider contact area, the Bottom also causes more movement compared to B. This is disadvantageous when facing an Attack type, because the Defense customization is closer to the Stadium exits, hence increasing the likelihood of a KO. To prevent this, many launch WB-based customizations at about 60-70% power, meaning that the Beyblade itself stays in the centre, while retaining the defensive qualities of WB. Over time, and with the introduction of better Defense Bottoms composed of rubber, this Bottom has however long been extinct from competitive play and now serves no purpose at all.

Other Versions:
Poison Giraffe S130MB - BB-86 - Beyblade Deck Attack & Defense Set (Purple Poison, clear white Giraffe)

Overall:
Rock Giraffe R145WB is arguably one of the best Hybrid Wheel System Defense type uncustomized, but that still makes it considerably outclassed to the top-tier customizations. For instance, R145 does have its risks, but if used properly, it can be a good defensive Track. This part is also decent for Attack, which is how it’s mostly used these days currently. Furthermore, WB is heavily outclassed now. All in all, the Track is its only part with potential, so '''there is little to no reason to purchase this Beyblade outside of collection purposes'''.

Let me know what you think of it. I slightly updated the Wide Ball section.

haha, I thought there was more to edit! I think the sentece you changed was probably one of the ones I was going to edit, but it's good now.
I think it may be worth saying that R145 effect on left spinning beys.

EDIT sorry the not that xD
Anyways like LeonTempest said I was talking about how R145 contributes to spin equalization with left spin beys. xD
(May. 13, 2012  8:06 PM)All Gen Blader Wrote: I think it may be worth saying that R145 effect on left spinning beys.

Your sentence makes no sense.

Shabalabadoo, what I meant is that, within the group labeled "heavy Tracks", R145 is one of the 'lowest' ones, but it is still 'heavy'.

For the second thing, should I therefore write "[...] against low Attackers by GB145, even." ?
I believe what he ment to say was how R145 contributes to spin equalization with beys like MLD and Gravity.

Although, I myself cannot speak for the validity of this claim. Anyone?
(May. 13, 2012  8:06 PM)All Gen Blader Wrote: I think it may be worth saying that R145 effect on left spinning beys.

EDIT sorry the not that xD
Anyways like LeonTempest said I was talking about how R145 contributes to spin equalization with left spin beys. xD

I dont believe spin stealing/equalizing combos has any use in the metagame though.
Have you looked at the thread where an MLD combo beats nearly every good stamina combo...

@ All Gen Blader:

Got any proof. I've never heard of it being used in spin equalization combos.
However MLD combos weakens in defense since I believe it can be knocked out even if it isn't supposed to be used against attack types attack types may still beat it, and WD based stamina types, along with a low track makes it slightly harder than in a 145 track.
What you said there doesn't mean it isn't useful. Also most stamina combos are weak to attack.
I know, im just saying spin stealers/zombies aren't all that useful themselves.
(May. 14, 2012  12:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Shabalabadoo, what I meant is that, within the group labeled "heavy Tracks", R145 is one of the 'lowest' ones, but it is still 'heavy'.
Ah, okay, then I'd word it as "The R145 Track is among the heavy Tracks of MFB, however it is one of the lightest in its class."
Oh wow, that was actually difficult to word, I see what caused it to be confusing originally.

Kai-V Wrote:For the second thing, should I therefore write "[...] against low Attackers by GB145, even." ?

Yep, in my opinion that makes it very clear where it fits in competitively.
OK, I made edits to the draft :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rock-Gir...#pid954758

Is there anything else ?
Hmm, I'm just not liking the combos. Like I said though, Basalt R145RF would be the only combo I think deserves a mention.
In addition to the current combinations listed, or instead of the Defense customization ?

Also, just for the sake of strenghtening the content, can anybody else testify about Basalt R14RF ?