Rock Band 2: Its Official, Releasing Later This Year

um despite what you think its still a video game. a game of experience. so while your opinions on the story are valid, anything you say about the actual game has no merit what so ever

also jesus christ you were about to spend that much and more for so many months.
yeah but im really broke right now and i want to talk about it ;_; ;_;

i spent like two-three weeks trying to keep my mouth shut as much as possible after release but now im pretty fed up lol

anyways this is rockband 2 thread so im going to shut up now
i can't find a a rental store that has ps3s (and the ONE place that does have one, it comes with a siaxis (no rumble; crappy), and i have to give $250 of credit card money in case it i carp it up).
Wow, i could rent a ps3 for a weekend from my local gas/convenience store for $15.
Hopefully Rock Band 2 will mean that the original Rock band gets a price drop in the UK. At the moment, i refuse to pay £130 for a video game, regardless of the experience. I could buy a real guitar for that much (though obviously, not a great one). Guitar Hero always makes me doubt the value of what i'm buying, but i won't buy this game until it's affordable.
(Aug. 12, 2008  5:28 PM)Nikku Wrote: Hopefully Rock Band 2 will mean that the original Rock band gets a price drop in the UK. At the moment, i refuse to pay £130 for a video game, regardless of the experience. I could buy a real guitar for that much (though obviously, not a great one). Guitar Hero always makes me doubt the value of what i'm buying, but i won't buy this game until it's affordable.

I'm sure the older instruments are going to have a used price drop, as well as the standalone game.

I'm planning on buying Rock Band 2 Special Edition and Rock Band 1 Game Disc. I've been borrowing the game from my friends the entire time, and I have like 20 songs downloaded.
i admit, i really like these games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif songs, u play the song, then u play another. gh4 would own on the drums if they had a bass petal, then it would be a real drum set, vice versa with rockband.
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:01 PM)Hayate Wrote: i admit, i really like this games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif songs, u play the song, then u play another. gh4 would own on the drums if they had a bass petal, then it would be a real drum set, vice versa with rockband.

.... What?

The Rock Band set HAS a bass pedal. What the hell are you talking about?
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:01 PM)Hayate Wrote: i admit, i really like these games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif songs, u play the song, then u play another.

i really have to ask what else it could be
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:06 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:01 PM)Hayate Wrote: i admit, i really like this games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif songs, u play the song, then u play another. gh4 would own on the drums if they had a bass petal, then it would be a real drum set, vice versa with rockband.

.... What?

The Rock Band set HAS a bass pedal. What the hell are you talking about?

gh4 doesnt have one, rockband doesnt have the symbols, thats what i was trying to say lol
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:01 PM)Hayate Wrote: i admit, i really like these games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif songs, u play the song, then u play another. gh4 would own on the drums if they had a bass petal, then it would be a real drum set, vice versa with rockband.

shooters: i admit, i really like these games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif guns, u shoot the guy, then u shooter another.

RPGs: i admit, i really like these games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif characters. u battle the guy, then u battle another

sports: i admit, i really like these games BUT they are so boring. its always the same thing, only dif plays, u pass to this guy, then u handoff to another
its not like that, its exactly the same, i mean halo and call of duty are very different, rockband and guitar hero have always been the same thing, there isnt a story, maybe different bosses. ok MAYBE sports r the same if its the same sport
my point was that every game can be stripped down to its simplest core like that. since when are you the arbiter when it comes to what people enjoy

and yes gh4 does have a bass pedal
im saying that theres no difference to the games except the music, and maybe some features.
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:17 PM)Hayate Wrote: im saying that theres no difference to the games except the music, and maybe some features.

There are obviously differences to the games, and you just listed them.

GH4 has the pretty cool new custom track creator, while RB2 has the massive backwards compatibility with RB1 downloadable songs and such.

Pretty big differences between them if you ask me. As Artie said, all FPS games do primarily the same thing just in different fashions, and that's the case here: RB2 and GH4 are both rhythm-action games, but they present themselves and play very differently.
dont you get bored in solo mode wen u play 60 songs in a row tho
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:22 PM)Hayate Wrote: dont you get bored in solo mode wen u play 60 songs in a row tho

so don't do this
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:22 PM)Hayate Wrote: dont you get bored in solo mode wen u play 60 songs in a row tho

Yeah I don't play 60 songs in a row.

I'll play my favorite tracks and then move on. The great thing about Rock Band is that it has a constant stream of new songs releasing every Tuesday, so there's always something new to play every week.

And if you missed the updates in the past you can go back and check out the back catalog of downloads.

GH3/4 doesn't have this sort of thing. I understand they are going to aim for something like this in the future, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'd put my trust in Harmonix way before I would Activision/Neversoft.

Besides, Rock Band wasn't designed as a single player game, there's much more fun to be had when you're playing with 2 or 3 other people.
its a shame that some great songs arent in it, how crazy would it be to play eruption XD

Ofcourse you would. Average song time is 2:30....x60...your looking at like 2 and a half hours on nonstop playing one instrument. Ofcourse it'll get old. No one does that.
i was exagerrating, i mean like maybe add some of the motion sensor features more, then you can move around more and do some classic 80s moves to get extra points. and i actually know people who play fors hours
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:31 PM)Hayate Wrote: i was exagerrating, i mean like maybe add some of the motion sensor features more, then you can move around more and do some classic 80s moves to get extra points. and i actually know people who play fors hours

They play for hours because the game is fun.

Wink
(Aug. 12, 2008  8:31 PM)Hayate Wrote: i was exagerrating, i mean like maybe add some of the motion sensor features more, then you can move around more and do some classic 80s moves to get extra points. and i actually know people who play fors hours

get out