Rock Band 2: Its Official, Releasing Later This Year

Oh carp off :p I did say as realistic as those games could be
Takao Wrote:Oh carp off :p I did say as realistic as those games could be

this is not as realistic as a guitar simulator could be, someone is actually making an actual guitar simulator

this is no more a guitar simulator than soul calibur is a "martial arts simulator"
lol, I never said "Guitar Sim". I said music sim, which it is. You're pretty much doing what a drummer would be if they were actually playing the drums, and you're singing. That's fairly realistic. And honestly, if someone is going to make a guitar game with a guitar with strings, then it better serve as a real guitar, because having a guitar with strings only for a game, sounds really retarded. Then again, says the person who doesn't like these music games that aren't SingStar(don't judge XD).
Takao Wrote:lol, I never said "Guitar Sim". I said music sim, which it is. You're pretty much doing what a drummer would be if they were actually playing the drums, and you're singing. That's fairly realistic. And honestly, if someone is going to make a guitar game with a guitar with strings, then it better serve as a real guitar, because having a guitar with strings only for a game, sounds really retarded. Then again, says the person who doesn't like these music games that aren't SingStar(don't judge XD).

you should really stop talking now
This is a RB2 topic, take your Rock Revolution garbage and gtfo kthnx.

ANYWAY!

The setlist for RB2 has been partially leaked:

* "Panic Attack" - Dream Theater (or Finger Eleven)
* "Chop Suey" - System of a Down
* "Give It Away" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
* "Everlong" - Foo Fighters
* "Kids in America" - Kim Wilde
* "Ace of Spades" - Motorhead
* "Hello There" - Cheap Trick
* "Anyway You Want It" - Journey
* "Pinball Wizard" - The Who

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/01/...list-leak/
Looks decent, but GHWT still looks like it will kick the ever loving carp out of this.
flashfox Wrote:Looks decent, but GHWT still looks like it will kick the ever loving carp out of this.

lol wut

considering we've seen next to NOTHING about RB2 i have to disagree with that statement so far
Really? All RB2 is getting is new, (exciting) ways to play the songs..so like what, are they gonna integrate samba de amigo or do some ddr carp with it?

I really am not feeling RB2 at all.
flashfox Wrote:Really? All RB2 is getting is new, (exciting) ways to play the songs..so like what, are they gonna integrate samba de amigo or do some ddr carp with it?

nothing makes a great series even better than attaching superfluous features right
flashfox Wrote:Really? All RB2 is getting is new, (exciting) ways to play the songs..so like what, are they gonna integrate samba de amigo or do some ddr carp with it?

uh huh

lets wait more than a few days after the announcement of what its going to be bringing to the table
Fair enough, I hope E3 would shed more light on both anyway...
flashfox Wrote:Fair enough, I hope E3 would shed more light on both anyway...

I'm sure it will.
Wee, even more tracklist leaks!

* "One Step Closer" by Linkin Park
* "Peace Sells" by Megadeth
* "Testify" by Rage Against The Machine
* "American Woman" by The Guess Who
* "White Wedding" by Billy Idol
* "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette
* "Aqua Lung" by Jethro Tull
* "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett
* "Drain You" by Nirvana
* "Man in the Box" by Alice In Chains
* "Spoonman" by Soundgarden
* "We Got The Beat" by the Go-Gos

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/03/...-part-two/

Also, it has been confirmed by Harmonix head Alex Rigopulos that RB2 will have EIGHTY songs on the disc, all of which are master tracks, and all of which will be announced at E3.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/03/...ced-at-e3/

Talk about ballin'.
EVERYTHING YOU SAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BRINGS ME ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE AND I'MABOUTTOBREAK
I NEED A LITTLE ROOM TO BREAAAATHHHHEE
'CAUSE I'M ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE AND I'MABOUTTO
BREAK
Dude I'm pumped for White Wedding and You Oughta Know.

I used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Alanis Morisette when I was like 12.
i dont know any of these songs

then again i didnt know any of the ones in RB so
HOLY carp SPOONMAN

best soundgarden song ever kk

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE INDIANS
ALL MY FRIENDS ARE BROWN AND RED
SPOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN MMMMMMMAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN
Konami is bringing out their legal team. They've filed a lawsuit agaisn't Harmonix for patent infringement. And unlike Gibson's plea, this one looks like it could hold water.
Takao Wrote:Konami is bringing out their legal team. They've filed a lawsuit agaisn't Harmonix for patent infringement. And unlike Gibson's plea, this one looks like it could hold water.

This is so carp ridiculous.

I honestly hate Konami with every fiber of my being. It seems like they are trying so desperately to stay relevant in the rhythm action genre that they'll resort to any means necessary to take down the competition.

Also MGS4 sucked. So Konami can lick my nuts. I hope they lose this case and win Harmonix even more cash to make games that DON'T suck.
i don't think mgs4 was THAT bad dude
you havent played it

shut up

removed capitals cause im not mad, just irritated at your comments from a game youve never played lol
Roan Wrote:
Takao Wrote:Konami is bringing out their legal team. They've filed a lawsuit agaisn't Harmonix for patent infringement. And unlike Gibson's plea, this one looks like it could hold water.

This is so carp ridiculous.

I honestly hate Konami with every fiber of my being. It seems like they are trying so desperately to stay relevant in the rhythm action genre that they're resort to any means necessary to take down the competition.

Also MGS4 sucked. So Konami can lick my nuts. I hope they lose this case and win Harmonix even more cash to make games that DON'T suck.

Someone didn't sleep on a bed this morning.

And unless Harmonix goes "OBJECTION!" (I've been playing Phoenix Wright) and files a countersuit, all Konami would have to pay is Harmonix's legal fees if they are to win. Since I don't think Konami will be harassing Harmonix after this; unlike Jack Thompson not liking TakeTwo.
Artie Wrote:you havent played it

shut up

removed capitals cause im not mad, just irritated at your comments from a game youve never played lol
yeah, my opinions of a game that is 80% movie are just so invalid because i wasn't holding a controller

you want to give me $500 to play one game?