[Roanoke, VA, USA, 11/12/2011] The Face Race

Poll: Which date would you prefer?

November 6th
0%
November 12th
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
This was originally supposed to take place on the 29th of October, but due to a change in schedule, it will now take place on the 12th of November.

The tourney format will most likely be Block Round Robin if this is approved. I only have one Attack Stadium ATM, so please bring your own if you have one. The event will be held at the hobby shop, Cosmic Castle, on 3224 Brambleton Avenue, at noon. Registration will get started around 11:00A.M. and there will be a $5 fee plus WBO standard fees as well.

Prizes: First will have their choice between a Phantom Orion, a Fang Leone, or a Hasbro Galaxy Pegasus. Second will be able to choose out of the two that are left, etc.

Confirmed Attendees:
1. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
2. (✿◠‿◠)
3. Qwert
4. lightvsdark99
5. (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
6. Fireblazer224
7. L023R
8. Hobo

Possible Attendees:
1. AJtheeagleblade
2. Ahmir
3. hellkerbex900
4. Technologic

Hope you can make it!
Put me down as a maybe. IF you want me to help out i can. I have the stadiums and experience with this.
Awesome!
You can never have too many stadiums, and help is always great Wink
(Sep. 11, 2011  12:53 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Awesome!
You can never have too many stadiums, and help is always great Wink

Trust me if your expecting a big crowd your gonna need more then 1 stadium.
i hav a few freinds that want to cume but they don't have wbo acounts
(Sep. 15, 2011  12:37 PM)(~ ̄▽ ̄)~ Wrote: i hav a few freinds that want to cume but they don't have wbo acounts

You need tO get them accounts. I'm kore then willin to travel and help and provide stadiums etc. But for me to travel 4 hours I want at least 16 participants.
(Sep. 15, 2011  2:11 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2011  12:37 PM)(~ ̄▽ ̄)~ Wrote: i hav a few freinds that want to cume but they don't have wbo acounts

You need tO get them accounts. I'm kore then willin to travel and help and provide stadiums etc. But for me to travel 4 hours I want at least 16 participants.

I totally agree. I know who the people he's talking about are, and I'll talk to them. There were quite a few people at the Toys 'R' Us "tournament" last month that sounded interested in my idea of a Roanoke tournament, but none of them knew what the WBO was, so that's five-or-six possible contestants down the drain Crying
List me as a "Maybe", also, can you provide a little more information about the location? Such as, the exact address? By the way, how far do you think Roanoke is from Richmond?
The exact location isn't listed under Google maps. I can only get the address of the house in front of the entrance to the parking lot, but that shouldn't be too big a problem considering the sign saying "Garst Mill Park" is right there by the above address xD.

And Richmond is approximately 160 miles from Roanoke, which is about a three hour drive.
You're probably better off doing a tournament in Richmond first and then get people from Richmond interested in Roanoke.
I would be interested in going. But, would rather wait for Deikialo to host a tourney, lol.
(*cough* good prizes)
(Sep. 19, 2011  2:41 AM)othellog Wrote: I would be interested in going. But, would rather wait for Deikialo to host a tourney, lol.
(*cough* good prizes)
Psssh I can't host down south anymore... Not with the way my car is.
(Sep. 19, 2011  2:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2011  2:41 AM)othellog Wrote: I would be interested in going. But, would rather wait for Deikialo to host a tourney, lol.
(*cough* good prizes)
Psssh I can't host down south anymore... Not with the way my car is.
OH yeah,

I forgot about that. Tongue_out
BTW I came in third at "Better Than School" and went 4W, 2L.
I'm going to lose beypoints.
(Sep. 19, 2011  2:32 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You're probably better off doing a tournament in Richmond first and then get people from Richmond interested in Roanoke.

The point of hosting it in Roanoke was to have a tourney (very) close to home, and if I try to host it in Richmond, then I lose Qwert, Fireblazer224, and ~Wavy~. I'm also unsure if I will get enough people to make up for the three I'd lose.

BTW, thanks for the tourney name! I plan to give you credit for it and other advice you gave me if this gets approved.

(*cough* good prizes)

I know, right? xD

I'm cheap by providing Hasbro that way, but I'm really waiting for the Gravity Destroyer and Rock Zurafa Face-Offs to come to my Target so I can add them to the prize bank. I don't think I could get any good Takara-Tomy's(ies?) unless I do one TT per person that placed. At least by providing Hasbro prizes, first would get a two pack and a single bey, second would get a two pack, and third would get a single bey.
i might be able to come depends on my report card
(Sep. 21, 2011  12:41 AM)beybladewrecker Wrote: i might be able to come depends on my report card

Awesome!

Study, make yourself smart(er) and come!
(...so I can beat you ><)

othellog: Also, are you a maybe then?
Can i give you some advice? This is just what i do when i organize events. Go to all the VA threads and send out a mass email. YOu would be surprised the response you will get. I want to come to this but im not going to travel 5 hours or so for a small tournament.
Unfortunately i won't be able to make one down south in October, but if you also did one on November 26, Burn Rock Virgo and I will be in Lexington that weekend for Thanksgiving...

I mean, between our two families and friends we have a guaranteed 8 right there...
(Sep. 22, 2011  11:43 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Unfortunately i won't be able to make one down south in October, but if you also did one on November 26, Burn Rock Virgo and I will be in Lexington that weekend for Thanksgiving...

I mean, between our two families and friends we have a guaranteed 8 right there...

Thats the weekend after my birthday so i could possibly make it down for that if there looks like there will be a good turnout.
(Sep. 23, 2011  3:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2011  11:43 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Unfortunately i won't be able to make one down south in October, but if you also did one on November 26, Burn Rock Virgo and I will be in Lexington that weekend for Thanksgiving...

Thats the weekend after my birthday so i could possibly make it down for that if there looks like there will be a good turnout.

Oh the irony... My family and I will be in Nothern Virginia celebrating with our family :-/

Besides, I also wanna know how this one'll go before I start planning the next one, if you guys know what I mean.
I'm down in Farmville and to be honest, its kinda hard to get to places like Roanoke and Richmond without help. I can't drive due to my mental disabilities but by no means am I retarded. So is there a blader out there willing to help me out?
put me down as maybe
(Sep. 24, 2011  4:53 PM)AnAncientBlader Wrote: I'm down in Farmville and to be honest, its kinda hard to get to places like Roanoke and Richmond without help. I can't drive due to my mental disabilities but by no means am I retarded. So is there a blader out there willing to help me out?

Sorry dude, but there's not much I can do outside of Roanoke or Salem.

(Sep. 27, 2011  12:30 AM)B.L.I.T.Z. Wrote: put me down as maybe

Okey-dokey, I'll put you up!

BTW, if you're coming from D.C., it's about a 4-5 hour drive down here.
I live in MD, so you could put me down as a maybe, but it would be nice to have an approximate address to our venue.
(Oct. 09, 2011  2:21 AM)Technologic Wrote: I live in MD, so you could put me down as a maybe, but it would be nice to have an approximate address to our venue.

Alright! Hope to see you there!