Apr

Road to the Shin TA: The Big Apple Warrior, The Return of the Big Apple!

New York City, New York
Central Park
West Side 69th Landscape Mineral Springs
  It is a landscape and you will find us on the grass, any extra details I will let you know
11:30 on 04/15/2023
Format
Metal Fight Limited

A limited amount of official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook

Type
3on3

Three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with all three being used.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This is the great return of New York City! The format will be 3 on 3 for the first stage, and then Deck Format for the final stage. This will be in Central Park, some would say the Heart of the State! Please read carefully over the rules and recommendations. I hope I can see you there!

We will be meeting at Central Park in Manhattan, New York. I will be co-hosting my first MFB Limited tournament with Mr. Memes, the WBO Organizer from NJ who will be providing us with the Shindog Tornado Attack Stadiums that will be used in the tournament.

The NYC WBO scene is coming back with some good, old fashion MFB Limited in the Repro Shin Tornado Attack Type Stadiums! In the city that never sleeps that is New York City, it has laid dormant for too long and the new generation of NYC bladers will rise up in Metal Fight Limited! 

Format: MFB Limited, Unranked, 3on3 1 for 1st Stage (Please bring 3 beys with no repeating parts)

Participant Cap: 24

Judges: Head Judge: Swaglakitu Other Judges: Mr. Memes

Be Prepared For the Occasion
Bring appropriate clothing articles and accessories to keep yourself in top shape! Recommended items consist of: A Jacket/Sweater, Sweat Pants, a Nice Warm Hat, and Gloves! Also since the location is mostly grass I’d recommend some sort of tarp to sit on and relax in the meantime before your match!

Tournament starts at 11:30 AM, April 15th, at Mineral Springs West Side at 69th Street in Central Park, Manhattan, New York.

Location help:

Subway and Bus Routes:

[/url]
https://www.centralpark.com/visitor-info/get-directions/

Central Park Map which shows restroom locations and where we will hold the tournament: 

[url=https://www.centralparknyc.org/locations/mineral-springs]https://www.centralparknyc.org/locations/mineral-springs

MFB Limited Banlist:

[Image: g3Sf6c_ruPQBuq7_jQvL31zUZptyzPUk7RO87WD9...b5ZkucPR3A]

[Image: j5nY6jHX2C1595EgpiVX-phYcRIuEue6o1TQ7Qk_...juyCy6vTUw]

Zero-G/Shogun Steel Chrome/Warrior Wheels
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]You may not combine Zero-G/Shogun Steel Chrome/Warrior Wheels and “Synchrome” them together in Limited Format.[/font]
  • You may use Chrome/Warrior Wheels with Crystal Wheels.

Gravity Metal Wheel Mode Change Restrictions
  • For Limited Format, the mode (spin direction) of the Gravity Metal Wheel may not be changed during the first stage. It may only be changed once per match in the  final stages of events.
  • If two players wish to change modes at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.
  • In the final stage of events, Gravity’s initial spin direction must be declared to the judge while their deck is being inspected.

If you need specific questions or concerns, dm me on discord!

SwagLakitu#9009

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Who would be willing enough to spare me some parts 😂😂
Btw is there any prizes this tournament 🤔🤔
(Mar. 21, 2023  12:28 AM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: Who would be willing enough to spare me some parts 😂😂

I would lend you a rf and an f230 if you need it

(Mar. 22, 2023  9:44 PM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: Btw is there any prizes this tournament 🤔🤔

Probably a shin ta stadium because it’s in the name
(Mar. 22, 2023  10:29 PM)Aj23God Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2023  9:44 PM)NewRocChampion1 Wrote: Btw is there any prizes this tournament 🤔🤔

Probably a shin ta stadium because it’s in the name

Aj stop spreading propaganda, yes there are prizes but they are disclosed until the day of the tournament 😎
Is it just me or there’s just not enough bey tournaments in nyc
(Apr. 11, 2023  9:09 PM)Zyblade Wrote: Is it just me or there’s just not enough bey tournaments in nyc

Nah its not just you, Im trying to revive this region lol

REGARDING THE RECENT MFL BAN LIST CHANGES:

Libra and dark knight WILL BE UNBANNED in this tournament as well.

Hope yall got some combos ready!
Ill cya there guys!
(Apr. 12, 2023  1:16 AM)Zyblade Wrote: U should host a burst tournament

Sry but i dont do burst, mr memes handles that kinda stuff lol, i only have like one or two burst beys left lol, my first 2
Excited about my first MFB tourney! Not sure I've got the right parts to get far but I'll at least have fun haha
Any chance anyone is gonna be selling anything?
Are you guys selling any metal fight beyblades there cause like I don’t have any metal fight parts but I still wanna go
(Apr. 12, 2023  6:26 PM)Kingy GSD Wrote: Excited about my first MFB tourney! Not sure I've got the right parts to get far but I'll at least have fun haha
Any chance anyone is gonna be selling anything?

I am a seller but I do not have anything currently, i will permit selling at the tournament though only if its relevant to the format. If anyone wants to ask about selling at the tournament please DM me first!

(Apr. 12, 2023  8:24 PM)Zyblade Wrote: Are you guys selling any metal fight beyblades there cause like I don’t have any metal fight parts but I still wanna go

Personally im not because i have nothing in stock but i will permit selling to anyone who asks me and i find trustworthy.
Hey, i am relatively new to beyblade, at least going to tournaments and what not. Am i allowed to just come and watch instead of competing? I legit have no Metal Fight beys to compete anyway xD
(Apr. 13, 2023  1:42 AM)TDNJay726 Wrote: Hey, i am relatively new to beyblade, at least going to tournaments and what not. Am i allowed to just come and watch instead of competing? I legit have no Metal Fight beys to compete anyway xD

Id be happy to let you come and watch if the tournament does happen!

Hello everyone, in regards to the high percentage for a chance of rain I've come to the conclusion that if it rains on the 15, we may have to reschedule our tournament as the rain seems to go on for the entire tournaments timespan. I am currently assessing the situation and will get back to you guys ASAP.

UPDATE: If it 100% seems like its going to rain on the 15th, My next available date is the 20th of May. Im waiting a bit just to see if anything changes but if not by tomorrow, the tournament will be moved to May 20th.

Here is the forecast from Weather.com: Sat 15

Sat 15 | Day
65°/57°
Showers
67%
ESE 5 mph
Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High near 65F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.
Humidity
69%
UV Index
3 of 10
Sunrise
6:17 am
Sunset
7:35 pm

UPDATE: Theres a VERY good chance we can still do the tournament! The forecast changed and the probability of rain went down!

The apple weather app says only VERY light showers at 1-2pm and on weather.com it says 50% chance of rain but it doesnt tell me when so my guess is around the same time, and on top of that accuweather says that NO RAIN will happen in the morning and theres a 60% chance of it in the evening.

We have a much better chance here!
GUYS BIG UPDATE:
The apple weather app is saying there will be NO RAIN until 6pm right now, Im hoping that its accurate!!!

Addition! The chances for rain on weather.com is also going down!!!!

Alr another update! So far the weather has been fluctuating a LOT but it seems to be calming down and looking like less and less chances for rain during tournament hours! I will go based on tonights readings and please keep updated here on the thread for any updates regarding tournament time!
yeyeah I'm gonna back put. not trying to chance it and spend my money to go over there and it rains out especially since there's no shelter. have a good time if you done reschedule it!
(Apr. 14, 2023  1:44 AM)swaglakitu Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2023  1:42 AM)TDNJay726 Wrote: Hey, i am relatively new to beyblade, at least going to tournaments and what not. Am i allowed to just come and watch instead of competing? I legit have no Metal Fight beys to compete anyway xD

Id be happy to let you come and watch if the tournament does happen!

Hello everyone, in regards to the high percentage for a chance of rain I've come to the conclusion that if it rains on the 15, we may have to reschedule our tournament as the rain seems to go on for the entire tournaments timespan. I am currently assessing the situation and will get back to you guys ASAP.

UPDATE: If it 100% seems like its going to rain on the 15th, My next available date is the 20th of May. Im waiting a bit just to see if anything changes but if not by tomorrow, the tournament will be moved to May 20th.

Here is the forecast from Weather.com: Sat 15

Sat 15 | Day
65°/57°
Showers
67%
ESE 5 mph
Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High near 65F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.
Humidity
69%
UV Index
3 of 10
Sunrise
6:17 am
Sunset
7:35 pm

UPDATE: Theres a VERY good chance we can still do the tournament! The forecast changed and the probability of rain went down!

The apple weather app says only VERY light showers at 1-2pm and on weather.com it says 50% chance of rain but it doesnt tell me when so my guess is around the same time, and on top of that accuweather says that NO RAIN will happen in the morning and theres a 60% chance of it in the evening.

We have a much better chance here!

I'll be there if the tournaments still on!
LazerBeamz If there is no rain for the event tomorrow, would you be able to help judge some matches if you can?
Alright guys, so far the chances have been goin down and on weather.com the chance for rain went down to 47%! And apple weather said itll rain from 4-8!
Its gonna be a close call for sure, its very hard to say but I would like to hear your guys opinions too! My best guess is if you guys wanna see how far we can go before it starts raining? We should be done by around 3:30 the latest usually so we should be fine!
(Apr. 15, 2023  1:49 AM)swaglakitu Wrote: Alright guys, so far the chances have been goin down and on weather.com the chance for rain went down to 47%! And apple weather said itll rain from 4-8!
Its gonna be a close call for sure, its very hard to say but I would like to hear your guys opinions too! My best guess is if you guys wanna see how far we can go before it starts raining? We should be done by around 3:30 the latest usually so we should be fine!

Works for me! (I know I'm just a spectator, but Im still down to come out lol)
(Apr. 15, 2023  2:01 AM)TDNJay726 Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2023  1:49 AM)swaglakitu Wrote: Alright guys, so far the chances have been goin down and on weather.com the chance for rain went down to 47%! And apple weather said itll rain from 4-8!

Works for me! (I know I'm just a spectator, but Im still down to come out lol)

Lol its no problem, I hope you enjoy the experience and I hope we can see you participate at following events!
Yeahhh i dropping out too i got an alert on my phone saying thunderstorms tomorrow if you reschedule i will be their
Let us hope the best for everyone and see if it does rain or not