Restructuring for more efficient moderating.

Hello all!

Recently, issues concerning the moderation of the forums have been brought up, and we plan to correct the situation so everybody can fully enjoy browsing this board and be more motivated to learn about Beyblade. Notably, the amount of Committee members became too big, and it is part of the reason decisions are slow to be taken. Some of them are also becoming busier, so they do not have the possibility to be as active for this community as they used to. With this restructuring of our team, we hope things in general will be easier and faster to manage.

Now there will be both Committee Members, but also Global Moderators. In addition, let's welcome a new moderator: theflightyellz! DranzerX13 was also added as forum moderator for the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum, considering everything he has been doing for us. This brings the forum staff to:

Committee: ♥, Hiro Ayami, Kai-V, Kei
Global Moderators: Aqua, Rocky, theflightyellz, Yugi Jyudai

... And Blader DJ is in our BeyHeart!

Also, a very important reminder: if you find a post that you think is against the rules, whether it is off-topic, SPAM or discusses any kind of avoided subject, please simply use the REPORT button at the bottom of that post. This way, it is easier for the staff to act quickly on those posts, and topics will be much cleaner, because messages such as "This doesn't belong here" do not help keeping threads tidy. So instead of replying to bad posts, report them!

Otherwise, the Bey News forum sees its official, actual birth: the two posts that were made are simply meant to summarize the latest news, and more will be posted once other information surfaces. The Bey News forum will be on trial for some time, to see how discussion is now with it. To avoid unnecessary posts, only forum staff will be able to add topics and reply in that sub-forum. In general, it serves the purpose of providing a clear and easy history of Bey News for all members.

That's all for now; keep your eyes open, as we are working on exciting projects!
Awesome! But wait all news topics already will be closed!?
Yes, discussion is meant to be in the other topics. As was written, the Bey News forum provides an easy history of news about Beyblade. From what I have imagined, it would be too chaotic to let replies be made to them.
This new system seems more complex than I thought, so I will post what I told BladerAce17 just to reassure everybody :

Quote:Actually, the news will be posted twice : for instance, a new list of releases is revealed in Japan. Specific topics are made for BB-82, etc. However, there is also a Bey News article written around the same time to summarise the news. It would make no sense to only move all the BB topics in the Bey News forum, even if people could reply, because then the Beyblade General forum would become so empty of valuable discussion.

The Bey News forum only exists, to me, as a clear history of news of Beyblade so people do not have to browse posts and topics to find all this information. Notably in the Beyblade Metal Fusion topic, things were getting too messy. Now, hopefully we can quickly add Bey News articles, and people will not have to go back and read all the new previous posts to see what is new. Yet, the discussion about them still occurs in the Beyblade Metal Fusion topic in the Beyblade General forum.
I'm glad to see some of the suggestions/concerns I brought up were taken to heart.

Hopefully this will help even things out around here. Smile
well we all have to adapt : )
Congrats on being a moderator theflightyellz! This should get WBO a lot more neat etc. As for the report button I think I should use that a lot more instead of just saying what I usually do .
Welcome to the team Ellz. : )
Thanks babes ^ ^ Thanks to Raykon as well, it's good to be a part of the team Smile
So it has been put into effect, I hope it does work though I am very sure that it will. Also, I just want to ask how the Bey point system is coming along and if we will be seeing that again soon, I might have only loses above my head but I think it is something good to have.

Also, congrats to Flight, I knew you would get somewhere sooner or later.
Just wanted to formally say welcome to the team Ellz, really pleased to have you on board. :]
d'aww, thanks Alex ^ ^
Haha its about time Ellz congratulations! And it will be good to see the new rules put into place, no more noobs thinking they are mods and own the place.
(Feb. 22, 2010  1:25 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Also, I just want to ask how the Bey point system is coming along and if we will be seeing that again soon, I might have only loses above my head but I think it is something good to have.
It is very, very close to being launched. The system is ready, however we still need to finalise a few things so everything is easy to understand for everyone, and that we do as much with this release as possible so that we do not need to 'close' it again to make modifications. Hopefully with this restructuring the launch will come even earlier.
well done ellz an execlent choice lol and i agree with lee bout the rules should b good
(Feb. 22, 2010  4:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is very, very close to being launched. The system is ready, however we still need to finalise a few things so everything is easy to understand for everyone, and that we do as much with this release as possible so that we do not need to 'close' it again to make modifications. Hopefully with this restructuring the launch will come even earlier.

Thats good to hear and making sure it will all work out fine is even better. Thank you for letting me know Kai-V. Smile
Congratz Ellz, you deserve it Tongue_out
Well done Ellz. I know I may have annoyed you a bit but you totally deserve this!
thanks again for the kind words everyone Smile
Congratz Ellz. Not like it was obious or anything Tired;

Tongue_out
well done ellz congratz, i was really puzzled why you werent before.
Hey Ellz, you really deserve this position - the amount of work you've done for the WBO is amazing! Congrats Smile
Congrats Ellz, really well done Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Congratz Ellz, you deserve it, but lets also congratulate DranzerX13, havent seen any praise for him. ;]
Congratz guys. ^^
You really earned this position, congrats Ellz! Grin
And congrats DranzerX13! Grin