10.00%
Undecided
5.00%
Other
2.50%
Screw this. This is stupid.
32.50%
Total: 100% 40 vote(s)
"Hey Griff! I lost my SHOTGUN! What am I gonna do without my SHOTGUN! SHOTGUN DAMMIT!"

This is the place to BS about you favorite idiots from Rooster Teeth's "RVB" machinima. And while we dissciss, you might as well pick a side...

RED TEAM!
"it sounds like the feral cry of a retarded Mexican Sasquatch!" -Sarge
I love Sarge!
"The access code is...access code."
you voted blues...sarge is a red lol

i gotta say though, Caboose FTW
(Oct. 29, 2010  4:35 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: you voted blues...sarge is a red lol

i gotta say though, Caboose FTW

Well, when you put Church, Tex, Tucker and Caboose to gether, they out weigh Sarge.
"Yeah, he accidentally shot himself in the face, but we both agreed it was nobody's fault."- Caboose
Tex got her @$$ handed to her by the Meta!

i heard Donut and Lopez are coming back in season 9...and possibly sister...though i dont know how...since being dead makes it hard for characters to return lol (except for Church and Tex lol)

when is the season 9 premire anyway?

$5 bucks says Epsilon and Tex find eachother in the Epsilon unit, then fight eachother, then find that before the Meta fell, he put himself into the Epsilon unit like Epsilon did, and as a result, the Meta didnt die and is in the Epsilon unit. as another result, a non existant fight in a memory in a broken machine takes place

=D
bump. forgot to mention-season 9 has been confirmed. shiela, donut, lopez, and possibly sister and Andy are all coming back in 1 way or another. as it turns out, Donut somehow survived (agian) and Lopez, since he is definatly dead, will only come back as a memory from inside the Epsilon Unit
^Technically, Lopez isn't dead. Before he died, Lopez said that he made copies of himself in case of emergencies. Hopefully, one of them can speak English this time.

So...what, we had a Red vs Blue thread and no one mentioned anything? ESPECIALLY about Season 9? Come on, Season 9 had to be one of THE most action-packed seasons of the series after 6 and 8. I won't say anything about it until someone else does, so then I know someone else kept up with the series.

Related news which is the reason for the bump: Season 10 comes out Memorial Day. You can view the trailer here: http://www.wired.com/video/latest-videos...1859869001

Also, a certain "Hobbit" joins the cast of Red vs Blue as one of the most antagonistic characters of the series that set off the events of Season 6.

Season 10 preview was great, saw it a few days ago.

I cant believe alot of people here dont watch RvB...who cares, I am really excited for Season 10! Grin
Sorry for the DP...anyone been keeping up with Season 10? Episode 3 is tonight...very excited Grin
I forgot about this thread. Probably because I took the subscription off.

The plot thickens as C.T.'s imminent betrayal becomes more open since a glimpse of it at the end of Season 9, and will explain how it happened to Season 7. And yet we get another Freelancer we'll probably never see: Georgia. Maybe they'll pull a "deleted scene" on what happened to Georgia in the S10 DVD like this did with Utah (was it Utah? I forget, but during his training session with his equipment, the bubble shield formed around his head, and he passed out due to suffocation).

I also have been listening to "The More" by Jeff Williams feat. Lamar Hill a lot lately, mostly because Lamar Hill's rappings have gotten to me. My personal favorite is "Falling Towards the Sky".
Been weeks since the last post, but Episode 5 of Season 10 is up this week (like, since Monday). The "newest" A.I. joins the cast, the childish and innocent Theta. He turns North (Dakota)'s shields into something incredible!

Actually, if you're avid fans of Red vs Blue, you'll notice that Theta originally appeared in Season 6, though was highly mentioned in Recovery One (aka Season 5.5). He was the bluish-red A.I. that appeared among the Meta's collection of A.I.s. Unlike the Season 6 appearance, however, Theta IS actually voiced by a child. Which is awesome.

Jeff Williams' new piece, "Terrify!" is now up on YouTube. It was used in episode 2 during the awesome space and gravity-less fight. The lyrics are explicit, so do take care to listening to it.
Oh look, another months rolls by.

It's been kinda slow these past few weeks during RvB. But two weeks ago, the action picked up again on Episode 8. The Freelancer Project is going on the offense to deal with a certain traitor, but old enemies from the previous season, certain members of the Insurrection such as the sleeveless guy, the female chick, and even that guy from the second/third eps of Season 9 (who appears again later on) with a new robotic arm.

And as things get about heated, guess who decides to crash the party? Agent Maine drops in, LITERALLY, and takes revenge for his shot-up throat in today's episode.

You may notice that during this episode, some of the action gets a bit...stunted by the lackage of sound. Bits and pieces of grunting, and all music. They'll probably fix this, but if you were to watch an action scene without any sound except music, how would you feel? Personally, it'd just remind me of those stupid music videos on YouTube, where certain scenes are cropped together with music playing over. Now, if it WAS supposed to be a music video, I'd understand. It's symbolic, unless the song had NOTHING to do with what's going on and just put there for shiggles. Some movies also do that, where action scenes are kind of muted to portray something.

But...I dunno, in RvB, it doesn't work.
Episode 9 was great. We can even start to see Sigma's power lust a bit, and progression into the Meta...

As for the sound issue, I just watched the episode, and I found no problems. I am guessing whatever you experienced was fixed.
YEAH! The friggin' fixed it! It made the fight better, but I was expecting it now, so I didn't have much excitement...

Friendenemapanion? lol
For all you fans out there that are pretty damn devoted to the series, Season 10 DVD is now for preorder on the Rooster Teeth site, and for 10% off on Amazon!

But wait, if you're REALLY dedicated and you have a Blue-Ray player, you can preorder the special RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue 14-Disc Blu-Ray Boxed Set. 14 Discs, 10 of the series, 4 of the...hm, god only knows? More details towards November. This is a $180 bundle, but you can also opt for [url=http://roosterteeth.com/store/product.php?id=321]DVD Boxed Set[/b] for $40 less. That's $10 a disc! That's a lot of $10, yo!

While I find the Blu-Ray tempting, I'm not a DVD nut to buy anything in Blu-Ray. And I've kept up with the series over the years, so I don't need to buy the set. But hey, I recommend watching the DVDs. There are some deleted scenes that never made it in the online episodes, as well as hilarious extras such as line readings and other deleted scenes.
I like all the blues XD
Welp, the next 4 episodes are done, so you know what that means. PSA time. So let's recap;

So remember when you watched Season 8, and you found out that the antagonist of Season 7, "C.T.", was actually a girl? And then you watched her work in Season 9 and how she aligned herself with Insurrectionists? It all comes to a close after the now mute (well, if you can call it that) Agent Maine (aka the Meta) drops in and lays a smackdown of revenge. Meanwhile, the leader and C.T. retreat to a bunker to prepare for their escape. They are hunted down by Carolina and Tex, the former trying to convince her former ally to return while the latter is only concerned about that former ally's armor. A four-way fight ensues, and C.T. is critically injured by Tex; but she and the Leader make their escape. After his beloved's death, the leader dons C.T.'s helmet and her identity, leading to become the C.T. of Season 7.

Meanwhile, our favorite group of Simulation Troopers convince the Epsilon A.I. Church into Carolina's Mongoose to grab some intel off of her and what her initial plans are. While Washington is assigned to watch the Reds and "his" Blues, Carolina goes into the abandoned island base, where former Agents Tex and York square off against former Agent Wyoming, the latter killed by our British Freelancer in the firefight. As Carolina mourns York's death and argues with Church, the A.I. digs up York's journal entries that lifts Carolina's spirits and sets their next plan in motion. What's this plan?

We'll find out after next week's PSA.
Most of the PSA's are a waste of time...they would be better of they contained previews for the next upcoming episode. There are some though that are funny though.

And finding out the truth about C.T. was pretty incredible, after waiting so long. That episode in particular was very well written.
I always thought C.T. had a voice changer, like South did in her Season 9 debut. I actually liked episode 12 a bit more because it sort of changed Carolina, and probably for the better. You can tell by the sound of her voice that she's "lightened up" a bit after her closure.

That said, does that mean that Epsilon knows that the other AIs are survived by him?
Epsilon deems himself to be almost complete. Because he is the AI of memories, he contains the greatest potential to become the most like Alpha, or potentially, even bring Alpha back from the dead. However, many of the AIs themselves died along with Alpha. However, Epsilon "remembers" those AI. As a result, he is more complete than any of the other AI. Remember before he took the form of Alpha? he was able to assume the form of Delta, because Epsilon "remembers" Delta. Caboose also helped fill in the blanks for Epsilon, which of course, were not all factual events, haha
That's not what I mean. Remember that episode when Delta appeared before Caboose? And then again in the alien device? I'm asking if Epsilon KNEW that the AIs that are survived by him and that he knows they can take his place when they want to.

Like when Epsilon showed Carolina York's journal entries, he came in the form of Delta, which in turn revealed the journal entries. In the end, Epsilon knew about the journal entries, but I don't know if he knew that Delta is the one that took over.
Yes, Epsilon is aware at this point that he is composed of several different people. Even in this season, Tucker and Epsilon Church have a conversation about how Epsilon Church is an A.I, to which Tucker asks "Just how many people are you?" or something like that
Well color me brown. Apparently, my prediction was wrong. Episode 13, Leon's number (lol), was this week. This confirms that Carolina DID indeed get two A.I., Iota and Eta. We also see Gamma's full form, and Sigma's gradual ascent into the Meta.

Tensions run high as the existence of Omega is revealed, and Carolina is "[prepared] for surgery."

Also, it seems that Wyoming and Maine are pretty close. Kinda makes me wonder about Wyoming's role in Seasons 3 through 5.
With a new episode out, here's a question I've been wanting to ask.

Has anyone noticed the "movements" of the characters seem a little weird? I kind of noticed it when York and North were shown armor-less, but even more so when Carolina confronted Tex. The movement seemed kinda..."bouncy". No, more like slacker-ish, like someone trying to look..."ghetto" or something. The posture, the movement, it looks different during this time around; even South looked weird when she was raging in the locker room. It doesn't seem natural.
Season 10 has 3 more episodes left. In this episode, secrets are revealed, Washington gets implanted, and Epsilon comes full circle.

Three more to go. What do you think will happen next? What happened to Carolina after the implantation of Eta and Iota, and what about Tex; is what she learned the cause of the break-in she took part in many years ago?

Also, if you guys want the S10 DVD, Amazon has it on Pre-order for 50% off.

Edit: Also, the songs, "Pray" in the Tex/Carolina/Connecticut fight and "Mental Meta Metal", the episode 9 soundtrack, are up on YouTube. Give them a listen.

Trocadero's third CD is out now.