Recent development in alien history...

several things to put in is that if any alien life form did travel millions of miles why would they? what is on our planet that isn't on any other we have seen so far? a perfectly balanced atmosphere! we have just enough of everything to keep carbon based lifeforms alive and well! That would be the only reason apart from the obvious making friends with us. If they did indeed come for the atmosphere we wouldn't be able to share it as our world is only just big enough to home all the human beings. If they wanted to use our atmosphere either we would have to move or they would have to go away. obviously we both would want the planet and there would be politicial arguments between humans and aliens. at one point one would strike. then it would be the mother of all wars. a nuke wouldn't work because to be able to travel through space you would need protection from nukes. we would have a hard time survivng. then it would probably go to biological war, or viruses. we would all die off slowly until we found the antidote. the only way at the moment they could beat them is by using an effect where thousands of projectiles are launched from the earth at once knocking off the orbit of any space craft and probably making them leave...

does that clear everything up?
@Nwolf

no offence, but there is small whole in your theory.

if there are aliens then obviously they would have a planet that can support life like ours. so if they come from a planet that already has a "perfectly balanced" atmosphere, then why would they need our planet?

really, i think it depends on the culture/attitude of the aliens, some may want to "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no alien has gone before."

or they could be a blood thirsty race looking for war
Maybe they screwed up their planet. But then, ours is on it's way downhill anyway.

Meh, I doubt they'd really be interested. We'd have heard something by now.
(Jun. 19, 2011  4:46 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: @Nwolf

no offence, but there is small whole in your theory.

if there are aliens then obviously they would have a planet that can support life like ours. so if they come from a planet that already has a "perfectly balanced" atmosphere, then why would they need our planet?

really, i think it depends on the culture/attitude of the aliens, some may want to "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no alien has gone before."

like th!nk says, if the big bang was ages ago, they could quite easily have been created instantly. therefore a world can last only a certain amount of time if they are increasing in intelligence like us. It may be that they are also carbon based hence the fact they would come to our planet...
well then Nwolf

(Jun. 19, 2011  4:46 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: really, i think it depends on the culture/attitude of the aliens, some may want to "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no alien has gone before."

also, they could be smarter/more eco friendly (in a way, less greedy), making so that there world will last longer. really, just because they are a intelligent life form doesn't mean they are like us. also just because they are traveling space doesn't mean they need a new planet (what is one of the reasons why we explore, "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." not just to find a new place to live)

i think the reason why people mostly think that aliens want to kill is movies. people love an action packed humans vs aliens movie
aliens might have been slowly killing us off one by one by diseases.and i heard spacemen coming to earth to collect the gold in the soil becuase their atmosphrer ran out of it so they were slolwy dieng off.