Real-life things that are similar to Beyblade Anime

Hello fellow Bladers,

I was wondering if there are any fields that you consider to be similar to how Beyblade works in the anime?

To explain what I mean, I am a Patreon of Takafumi Adachi and he stated in a Q&A for his Patreons that he got a lot of inspiration for the Metal Fight Beyblade anime from Japanese Samurai culture, in the sense that the Bey is a part of the Blader's soul, like the Samurai sword is considered part of the Samurai's soul, and in the sense that true Samurai battles were 1on1 like Beyblade is. 

So I wondered if there are any other things you consider similar to Beyblade in some way or maybe that Beyblade got some inspiration from?

I am particularly interested in anime similarities but happy for any suggestions. Smile

The reason behind this question is just that I have been so interested in the Beyblade anime (Metal Fight in particular) that I wanted to see if I can dive deeper into Beyblade-related topics to learn more about it. I'm currently reading the Hagakure (Samurai Codex) to get a better understanding of the Samurai way that inspired a big part of Beyblade as Mr Adachi stated.

Thank you for your suggestions!
From real life… The first thing that comes to mind is motorcycle racing, which my father did a lot of in the 1980’s.  You not only need good physical conditioning, but a knowledge of how to craft and customize your machines.  The colors and designs of the helmets, safety gear, and the bikes themselves add to the excitement and speak to the rider’s personality.  I would sit in the bleachers of the Costa Mesa Speedway with my aunt and watch my dad race- it was what I imagine the big, crowded beyblade arenas from the anime are like (though less smelly and sticky).  

As for other anime… B-Daman has some similarities to Beyblade, being another Takara Tomy product.   I'm not the first person to note that the protagonist of Crash B-Daman (2006) quite resembles Ginga.

EDIT:    One more thing...  Ed Dillinger, the villain from the original Tron, reminds me of Doji, especially when he's sitting at his desk.  Google pictures of Ed Dillinger's office, tell me that doesn't look familiar.
Well, honestly I think every burst motif is based on something IRL, and some of which I see in other media, such as Odin(MCU).
Though regarding Kirby stuff... I got nothing, except that one off power from teh anime (TOP) where he gets Tyson’s hat and shoots sharp tops(which look generic instead of looking like dragoon).
Oh right Ridley’s gold alt resembles Fafnir’s avatar.
This is necroposting peopleee!
the thread has never been used!
(Jan. 27, 2022  10:59 AM)GhostFox Wrote: This is necroposting peopleee!

Only just realised, I don’t wanna get banned.
Oh I see. I failed to notice the date of the OP and wasn't aware this was bad etiquette.
(Jan. 27, 2022  10:59 AM)GhostFox Wrote: This is necroposting peopleee!

Only Cat really necroposted.

(Jan. 27, 2022  4:58 PM)Cat Wrote: Oh I see.  I failed to notice the date of the OP and wasn't aware this was bad etiquette.

Don't feel bad about it, happens to the best of us (probably not)