Ready player one(Movie)

"In 2045 the planet is on the brink of chaos and collapse, but people find salvation in the OASIS: an expansive virtual reality universe created by eccentric James Halliday. When Halliday dies, he promises his immense fortune to the first person to discover a digital Easter egg that's hidden somewhere in the OASIS. When young Wade Watts joins the contest, he finds himself becoming an unlikely hero in a reality-bending treasure hunt through a fantastical world of mystery, discovery and danger."
A lot of people carp on this movie, and although over time I’ve come to not like it as much as I used to, it’s not THAT bad. It’s got some interesting ideas and the references are cool too. I think it’s at least an ok movie.
Honestly all in all it wasn't a horrible movie I enjoyed it but It didn't really have a strong plot which was it's main weakness, There was no strong plot or notable character development, with Ready player two being a thing we might see in the future(I think the book is already out) I seriously hope it's a improvement compared to ready player one

all and all I'd say 4 stars
I think they did a decent job adapting a very, very dense book and landed the plane with a decent movie with more mass appeal. Face it, the Ready Player One novel just isn't for everybody. I thought it was fine.
I read this book years ago (I even picked up a signed first edition!), and was not super surprised when they announced the movie. Seemed like it would translate well to film.

There was a lot missing from the movie compared with the book (of course), but they covered all the big stuff for the most part. The contest was a lot simpler in the movie which was a bummer, but they more than made up for the lack of detail there with that incredible sequence about "The Shining" which is one of my favorite films of all time.

I have the sequel book but haven't read it yet. Heard bad reviews, and I don't want to be disappointed...