Ray as a Destabilzer

I was toying around with the Ray Wheel today and decided to do some tests.

Bey Launcher + 3 Segment Grip
Takara Tomy Attack Stadium
Beys Shot Alternating
All Pegasis II Clear Wheel to avoid confusion.

MFRay 100SD 8\10
MFFlame 100SD 9\10
MFRay 100WD 8\10
MFFlame 100WD 10\10
MFRay 100S 5\10
MFFlame 100S 6\10

All against MFEarth Bull C145RSF. I will test against GB145 when it comes in the mail. I wish I had SF and another RSF to test those aswell.

As you can see Ray isn't better than Flame, the standard destabilizer wheel, but it does a very good job.
Aren't those stamina tests? But it really did a good job on it.
(Dec. 29, 2010  6:24 AM)XDBeyblade Wrote: Aren't those stamina tests? But it really did a good job on it.

What would you test a destabilzer against? I thought they were meant to beat heavy defense.
What I meant was aren't these combos (Ray and Flame 100SD) stamina combos?
Nice... definitely has potential.
If you had FS, could you test with that too please? Very nice results though.
i think with SD or WD it´s not a destabilizer cause destabilizers need to have an attack move pattern...and WD don´t gives that.. but i think maybe ray has potential because he have attack too.. and attack it´s needed for destabilizer...
Don't think this shows anything since it's just a slightly decent stamina combo defeating a combo with a rubber bottom. SF and FS are the bottoms for destablilizing.
(Dec. 29, 2010  1:51 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Don't think this shows anything since it's just a slightly decent stamina combo defeating a combo with a rubber bottom. SF and FS are the bottoms for destablilizing.

that´s what i though..
Me too, I thought that SD is a Stamina bottom.
and... if flame does better why post this? it just doesn´t matter because Flame it´s a better option..
so other people don't bother posting their results of ray as a destabilizer, now we have it out of the way sooner rather than later.
Damn, just saw this thread, someone beat me to it, unorthododx though, as I won't get my TT MFB Attack Stadium until January...

Ray is pretty thin, and it makes a few pushes here and there, I imagine Mold 1 wll work better?

What if people don't hav flame and are looking for a better option o_0
(Dec. 29, 2010  4:13 PM)Ultrablader9 Wrote: Damn, just saw this thread, someone beat me to it, unorthododx though, as I won't get my TT MFB Attack Stadium until January...

Ray is pretty thin, and it makes a few pushes here and there, I imagine Mold 1 wll work better?

What if people don't hav flame and are looking for a better option o_0

1st: Flame it´s more easy to get
2nd: if they don´t have they get easily..
Lemme put it straight:

FLAME SUCKS

Yep, I like MF L-Drago 90WF better /:
(Dec. 29, 2010  4:33 PM)Ultrablader9 Wrote: Lemme put it straight:

FLAME SUCKS

Yep, I like MF L-Drago 90WF better /:

oh... Flame sucks ah....
i will not discuss with you but let me put it straight:

Flame it´s the best wheel for destabilizers. and have some attack too. AND.. Destabilizers are very useful against Defense and Stamina.. just because you don´t like Flame that don´t give you the right to say that garbage...

Also Ray will be Removed from top tier because compared to the others it sucks.. so at least Flame it´s top-tier on destabilizer´s.. Ray don´t...

You need to Search a lot..
But Ray have Good Recoil
Say that in a way that makes sense... What is good recoil? If you mean it has a low amount of recoil say it properly.
(Dec. 29, 2010  1:51 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Don't think this shows anything since it's just a slightly decent stamina combo defeating a combo with a rubber bottom. SF and FS are the bottoms for destablilizing.

What exactly makes a destabilzer? I've always thought it was a low, unstable combination meant to scores lots of small hits to the track in order to knock over the opponent. I don't have SF or FS (I can test FS probably next weekend when my friend brings his Dark Wolf). WD, SD, and S seem to work pretty well (S obviously the worst)...why not allow a few more parts to make destabilzers?

And for your "this doesn't show anything" comment I tested MF Earth Pegasis II 100SD and WD. SD got 5\10, WD got 4\10. This isn't showing anything about stamina types. It shows other destabilzer wheels.
(Dec. 29, 2010  8:32 PM)Evan Wrote: And for your "this doesn't show anything" comment I tested MF Earth Pegasis II 100SD and WD. SD got 5\10, WD got 4\10. This isn't showing anything about stamina types. It shows other destabilzer wheels.
This. As with all tests, this one requires a variable and these bottoms are the variables. On a side note, I noticed 2 things about ray.

The first hit, when launched properly is ALWAYS strong.
The hits thereafter? not so much. This was on R2F and I dont know if RF will make a difference, however, it is a one time thing for ray. I tested it on a 100,120, and 125 track and it was all the same results.
(Dec. 29, 2010  8:32 PM)Evan Wrote:

What exactly makes a destabilzer? I've always thought it was a low, unstable combination meant to scores lots of small hits to the track in order to knock over the opponent. I don't have SF or FS (I can test FS probably next weekend when my friend brings his Dark Wolf). WD, SD, and S seem to work pretty well (S obviously the worst)...why not allow a few more parts to make destabilzers?

And for your "this doesn't show anything" comment I tested MF Earth Pegasis II 100SD and WD. SD got 5\10, WD got 4\10. This isn't showing anything about stamina types. It shows other destabilzer wheels.

a pure destabilizer have attack movement and you can´t get that with that tips... if you put WD or SD it´s a stamina beyblade.. also SF it´s better for destabilizer FS it´s not so good...
(Dec. 29, 2010  8:37 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2010  8:32 PM)Evan Wrote: And for your "this doesn't show anything" comment I tested MF Earth Pegasis II 100SD and WD. SD got 5\10, WD got 4\10. This isn't showing anything about stamina types. It shows other destabilzer wheels.
This. As with all tests, this one requires a variable and these bottoms are the variables. On a side note, I noticed 2 things about ray.

The hits thereafter? not so much. This was on R2F and I dont know if RF will make a difference, however, it is a one time thing for ray. I tested it on a 100,120, and 125 track and it was all the same results.

I did a lot of testing with ray as an attack wheel on W105, 105, and 100 last night as well. If you'd like to see the results I can PM them to you. I've noticed the same thing about the Ray wheel being only good for the first one or two hits, which is why I tried using it as a destabilizer.

(Dec. 29, 2010  8:39 PM)Flame Lion Wrote: a pure destabilizer have attack movement and you can´t get that with that tips... if you put WD or SD it´s a stamina beyblade.. also SF it´s better for destabilizer FS it´s not so good...

Why does a destabilzer need movement? I'm getting excellent results by allowing the bey to stay in a fixed position underneath the other bey's track.
(Dec. 29, 2010  8:40 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2010  8:37 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:

I did a lot of testing with ray as an attack wheel on W105, 105, and 100 last night as well. If you'd like to see the results I can PM them to you. I've noticed the same thing about the Ray wheel being only good for the first one or two hits, which is why I tried using it as a destabilizer.

(Dec. 29, 2010  8:39 PM)Flame Lion Wrote: a pure destabilizer have attack movement and you can´t get that with that tips... if you put WD or SD it´s a stamina beyblade.. also SF it´s better for destabilizer FS it´s not so good...

Why does a destabilzer need movement? I'm getting excellent results by allowing the bey to stay in a fixed position underneath the other bey's track.

yes agains defense.. with movement you get better results against stamina and deffense.. please don´t insist.. go see the thread´s about destabilizer´s.. and the combo flame cancer 100SF
I've been reading the topic, and I couldn't find a definitive reason why it needs speed. I see your point now, but I still see stamina based destabilzers as a good option. I'm not insisting anything, I'm asking questions and doing tests....
(Dec. 29, 2010  8:46 PM)Evan Wrote: I've been reading the topic, and I couldn't find a definitive reason why it needs speed. I see your point now, but I still see stamina based destabilzers as a good option. I'm not insisting anything, I'm asking questions and doing tests....

i did tests too... in that topic..

if you use WD or SD it´s not a destabilizer!it´s stamina.. Ray Pegasis 100WD = Stamina Combo

destabilizer have movement tests and videos had been posted so don´t try to change that