Randomizer Format Suggestion

This format suggestion is not meant to be proposed as a ranked format. Please have that in mind. This format suggestion is also meant to be suggested as a First Stage format only.

---

The "Randomizer" Format is meant to test a blader's skill and knowledge with parts, as well as performance. Players will not use their own beys but ones provided by the host or anyone who may want to help with supplying parts.

The Rules are as follows. Each blader will receive 3 unique parts for each part of a beyblade. (ex. 3 layer bases, 3 chips, 3 layer weights, 3 discs, 3 drivers). The bladers will then have their backs facing each other and have a time limit to create a combo to use against their opponent. Those two combos will battle following current WBO match rules.

I do personally think this has two positives. Bladers who do not own parts good enough to compete with heavy competitiveness will have a more fair fight against their fellow competitive bladers. This format can also possibly deter unhealthy metas by providing balanced options for bladers.

---

Some Notes

-Whether bladers should or should not have their parts concealed from an opponent.

-Parts amount can be increased to fit 3on3/P3C1/5G.

-All parts that will be provided at the tournament should be listed in the tournament description.

-Parts can be pre-determined before the tournament, or bladers can pick from a concealed package (whether that be a small box or a small bag) with parts that allow a blader to create a competitively viable combo.

-What parts should be supplied to make the format fair. Answer to this would be supplying parts on a similar "viability level". Defining this can get tedious.

-And of course, all parts should be returned to their rightful owners. A way to mark parts will be necessary.
I'd like to hear thoughts on this whether it be compliments or criticism. I also have no clue if it's been suggested before. So sorry if that's the case 😅.
i dig it! i feel it encourages on-the-fly decision making and creates a pretty level playing field if parts are supplied for competitors
I like this idea, I just think there’s 2 things to be aware of:
- Parts need to be lended. Some bladers may not feel comfortable lending their parts, and if this is a first stage format it would need a lot of parts to be lended to each Blader playing. So we may end up with not enough parts being lended.
-If the parts are lended, i know it’s a random 3 parts you get but I think for the bladers facing eachother, that their parts should be equal. As in, one Blader shouldn’t get super good parts and another be getting bad parts.
Ex: Blader 1- Cyclone Infinite Greatest Raphael, Karma Legacy Nexus, Kick Yard Wedge’, Belial1 Hyperion1, 6 7
Blader 2- Dynamite(F+L) Guilty Astral, Over Tapered Giga, Metal Drift Bearing’ Rise, Belial2 Longinus Dragon, 0 10 2
Maybe someone should select each bladers parts and they roll dice or something for who gets what selection number?
Ex: Selection 1 - Dynamite(F) Ultimate Astral, Giga Nexus-S Tapered, Drift Mobius Bearing’, Valkryie1 Belial2 Spriggan, 3 9 0
Selection 2- Guilty Vanish Prominence, Over Karma Nexus-D, Metal Drift HighXtend+’ Zone’+Z, Dragon Bahamut Longinus, 2 10 6

Other than those 2 things I really like this idea, very creative!
(Jul. 12, 2022  8:54 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I like this idea, I just think there’s 2 things to be aware of:
- Parts need to be lended. Some bladers may not feel comfortable lending their parts, and if this is a first stage format it would need a lot of parts to be lended to each Blader playing. So we may end up with not enough parts being lended.
-If the parts are lended, i know it’s a random 3 parts you get but I think for the bladers facing eachother, that their parts should be equal. As in, one Blader shouldn’t get super good parts and another be getting bad parts.
Ex: Blader 1- Cyclone Infinite Greatest Raphael, Karma Legacy Nexus, Kick Yard Wedge’, Belial1 Hyperion1, 6 7
      Blader 2- Dynamite(F+L) Guilty Astral, Over Tapered Giga, Metal Drift Bearing’ Rise, Belial2 Longinus Dragon, 0 10 2
Maybe someone should select each bladers parts and they roll dice or something for who gets what selection number?
Ex: Selection 1 - Dynamite(F) Ultimate Astral, Giga Nexus-S Tapered, Drift Mobius Bearing’, Valkryie1 Belial2 Spriggan, 3 9 0
      Selection 2- Guilty Vanish Prominence, Over Karma Nexus-D, Metal Drift HighXtend+’ Zone’+Z, Dragon Bahamut Longinus, 2 10 6

Yes. Blader should get parts that have an equal potential of defeating one another. The bags I would have if I ever get the OK to host this would all have parts that are equal and balanced.

Having enough parts is a big issue that you bring up as well. I think organizers who would want to host this should either 1, have enough parts to lend out. Or 2, have people who are willing to help pitch in.

Thanks for the notes tho. I really appreciate it!
(Jul. 12, 2022  9:46 PM)Cindercast Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2022  8:54 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I like this idea, I just think there’s 2 things to be aware of:

Yes. Blader should get parts that have an equal potential of defeating one another. The bags I would have if I ever get the OK to host this would all have parts that are equal and balanced.

Having enough parts is a big issue that you bring up as well. I think organizers who would want to host this should either 1, have enough parts to lend out. Or 2, have people who are willing to help pitch in.

Thanks for the notes tho. I really appreciate it!
Yeah the bags should be equal, and I think it would be helpful if bladers pitched in. The organizer might not have enough parts. And yeah no problem for the notes!