Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please

home sick while everyone else is out Unhappy hopefully i'll be better tomorrow

actually if i'm still sick tomorrow i'll go out either way, no way i'm staying home for the last week while all my friends are out
O, just to let you know, Swine Flu is in Basildon which isn't that far from me and it started in a place called TNG which is the place I have now had to go to for a 13 week course, What fun.
This is ridiculous. I'm running a Virtual Machine of Windows 7 while running XP, and my CPU usage is hovering around 30%
^ Hmm, you'd probably end up suicidal if you tried to use my computer then. Confused
(May. 12, 2009  9:32 PM)Evan Wrote: This is ridiculous. I'm running a Virtual Machine of Windows 7 while running XP, and my CPU usage is hovering around 30%

virtual machines use lots of cpu, shocking
(May. 12, 2009  9:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: virtual machines use lots of cpu, shocking

30% isn't much. Which is why it is shocking. On my old machine when I ran it, I was up to 80%...and subsequently the PC overheated
(May. 12, 2009  9:37 PM)Evan Wrote: 30% isn't much. Which is why it is shocking. On my old machine when I ran it, I was up to 80%...and subsequently the PC overheated

30% isn't much for a burst, but 30% constant is nothing to sneeze at

at the same time, 80% constant is murder lmao
Windows 7 sounds like it will be far better than vista. I hear vista is just another failed experiment like NT/ME. 2000 however, was absolute heaven. To be honest, I should still be running it now. So few bugs/incompatibilities. =D
So I might get to see Bif Naked for my birthday. Grin
I got a B- in Biology when I was expecting a C! I just got on the 200 pt mark which was between the B-/C+. I know it's not that exciting or even good of a grade, but this was one of my University's most dropped courses. Now to work on one more paper and I'm done for the year Grin
(May. 12, 2009  10:25 PM)G Wrote: I got a B- in Biology when I was expecting a C! I just got on the 200 pt mark which was between the B-/C+. I know it's not that exciting or even good of a grade, but this was one of my University's most dropped courses. Now to work on one more paper and I'm done for the year Grin

Congrats, I just finished a horribly long two hour RE paper but I'm glad it's finished. French tomorrow then 5 days off! *revising* xD

Anyone else doing GCSE RE? How did you all find it? =]
^ The most tedious and boring two hours of my life ever. Kept staring off into space and having to force myself to come back write something. I also got a bad headache because I have a cold. Unhappy
I didn't think the questions were too bad (except the first which was alright but kinda stupid). I don't think my answers were horrible but they could've been better. I know I didn't put enough quotes in. I always forget to put them in. ^^;

Btw, we didn't do the Nature Of Belief and I answered all the Christianity parts. :3
YAY!!!! I had a really good friend back in 6th-7th grade that I lost touch with over a year ago after he moved to Michigan somewhere. He just had found my number and called me after this long. Now hopefully I'll be able to see him this summer sometime and we'll be able to catch up.
I know it's not the most interesting post, but it sure as hell made my day.
I actually got in touch with a friend from first grade a couple days ago. It`s funny that the first thing we said to eachother on msn was "woah you got taller."
(May. 12, 2009  9:57 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Windows 7 sounds like it will be far better than vista. I hear vista is just another failed experiment like NT/ME. 2000 however, was absolute heaven. To be honest, I should still be running it now. So few bugs/incompatibilities. =D

After using Windows 7 for a while, I'm very pleased. The overall look has improved FAR past Vista, and guess what? It actually runs. The boot up and shut down speed are even faster than XP.

The only thing I hate about it is the new start menu, it's the same as Vista. But it can still be changed
Ahahaha, unfortunately, I couldn't tell my friend that >.>
(May. 13, 2009  12:12 AM)Evan Wrote: After using Windows 7 for a while, I'm very pleased. The overall look has improved FAR past Vista, and guess what? It actually runs. The boot up and shut down speed are even faster than XP.

The only thing I hate about it is the new start menu, it's the same as Vista. But it can still be changed

Yeah a New OS we gotta buy lol.
I plan on buying a Mac soon, I am very close to winning a bet haha.
I have Windows Vista, and the noyl thing I don't like about it is that There is too much security. You cannot download anything without typing in passowords, and a bunch of carp. There are a bunch of shortcuts that it comes with too, that are usless...
I do not know if it is my Acer, or that I got vista as soon as it came out, or what, but my laptop has issues. Acer and microsoft wont offer me any support Unhappy.
(May. 13, 2009  2:13 AM)Hero Wrote: I do not know if it is my Acer, or that I got vista as soon as it came out, or what, but my laptop has issues. Acer and microsoft wont offer me any support Unhappy.

acer sucks, vista sucks, recipe for disaster
I've been using XP since the week of Release lmao; I was planning on skipping the whole vista phase, but I will need to buy a new laptop in the fall so we shall see
(May. 13, 2009  2:48 AM)Khel Wrote: I've been using XP since the week of Release lmao; I was planning on skipping the whole vista phase, but I will need to buy a new laptop in the fall so we shall see

Dude hold off on the laptop buying until after 7 comes out. Trust me.

Vista isn't that bad honestly (I've been using it for over a year now), but 7 seems like it's going to rectify nearly all of the issues that Vista has.
(May. 13, 2009  2:50 AM)Roan Wrote: Dude hold off on the laptop buying until after 7 comes out. Trust me.

Vista isn't that bad honestly (I've been using it for over a year now), but 7 seems like it's going to rectify nearly all of the issues that Vista has.

The problem is my laptop is in terrible shape right now; I don't think it will last till 7 comes out. I' trying to squeeze as much out of it as I can but I dunno.

At least during the summer I shall have a laptop from the office so I won't need to use this since my entertainment will be on my desktop.