Random Thoughts 2: ok, more like misc. thoughts

carp YEAHHHH

I got a job at the most carp posh and awesome jewellers and art gallery.

It's a small shop which is ideal for me as I hate dealing with loads of customers (especially skanks/rude people/assholes) and I get to work in both the jewellers downstairs and the art gallery upstairs. Holy. carp.

They had so many applicants, I was so certain I wouldn't get it - BUT I DID
I AM OFFICIALLY AMAZING
8)

Even the name reeks of upper class English ponses - "Whibley's"
And every Christmas they wrap a giant bow around the shop to make it look like a present.

[Image: WORTHING.jpg]

I AM SO HAPPY
I start tomorrow!
congrats alice, that place looks amazing.
Grin
(Oct. 30, 2008  4:41 PM)Alice Wrote: Even the name reeks of upper class English ponses - "Whibley's"

Weldone on the job! I also hate upper class. They piss me off so much when they think they're better than everybody else!! If this offends anybody then do say so.
(Oct. 30, 2008  5:04 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2008  4:41 PM)Alice Wrote: Even the name reeks of upper class English ponses - "Whibley's"

Weldone on the job! I also hate upper class. They piss me off so much when they think they're better than everybody else!! If this offends anybody then do say so.

it doesn't offend me personally.
However, upper class doesn't necessarily automatically make you a snobby condescending ponse. Is it the snobbishness of certain upper class people that bothers you or all upper class people altogether?

LOL
I'm not anywhere close to being in the upper class echelon, just to clarify, but the woman who runs the shop was really lovely. Everyone who works in there (that I had a chance to say hello to) seemed very friendly too, so I just hope I'll enjoy myself.

Also, when it comes to serving customers, as long as they're polite (which I'm assuming they would be if they've come in to buy a £9000 ring or a bit of fine artwork) I'm not bothered. I get to talk about art, learn more about jewellery and feel comfortable while I'm at work. Hooray!

(Espio will know what I'm talking about when I say I'm glad not to be working in Tesco's again - the scum that I had to deal with in my branch was staggering tbh)

Gryffyn Wrote:congrats alice, that place looks amazing.
Grin

Thank you!
The general perception and eveybody I have heard/seen/met. They just act as if they are better than everybody else. Looking down on us and treating us like we don't exist. If somebody can change my mind and my attitude towards this situation then please attempt to.

I hate the lower class! They make gross generalizations of others and think they're so much better than everyone else simply because they have a harder life! They don't even consider how hard many people work to achieve their status!

Wink
I seem to have sparked a class war

I made that comment in jest, just to clarify - I'm not prejudiced towards anyone guys
(Oct. 30, 2008  5:36 PM)Alice Wrote: I seem to have sparked a class war

I made that comment in jest, just to clarify - I'm not prejudiced towards anyone guys

just because i spend money and dress like the upper class does not mean i am anywhere near approaching it
I'm more of a middle class than a lower class. The people I have in mind are those that are bought into an already existing "rich" family. That brag about how rich they are and treat people like dirt. Some people don't actually work hard for it as they already know people in a industry, so they get it the easy way. These are the people I dislike. Hell, I spend a lot of money because I can afford my day to day things (even though I live with my parents, I insist on buying my own stuff). I have every intention on earning wods of cash one day, but I know how to not act towards those less unfortunate than my future to be self, hopefully.
you shouldn't make generalizations is the point i'm getting at
Yes! 6 stars! 1000th post made! Yee-haw
xd
I can't stop hating AP US History.
(Oct. 29, 2008  8:29 AM)Blue Wrote: Tiburon how do you like it? some hate on them but i think they look good,
handle well. I always checked them out at the auto show and I really liked the sport interiors.

Back to the 240s, are those two of his cars? red and black? I see a red coupe in the shop pic, then on the track.
tbh never thought or heard from a guy who had an LS1, but it would be sick. No turbos, no lag, lower mainteince, +plus the exhaust note.
Looks like hxc drifter still tho. great that he's gotta shop, hows bussiness?

well, carp i like them. i mean, i'm not trying to go fast or anything and it handles pretty damn good. i'm thinking about upgrading to the new genesis coupe coming out next year though.

but no, those are both the same car. he just painted it red like a couple months back.

haha, yeah dude's all about DORIFTO though. his shop's doing pretty good. i mean he does just about anything. his little brother is like, a carp blacksmith, so he does all the welding. then he does all the engine work and carp.

THEY DO PAINT JOBS TOO! Grin
god damnit guys there's a thread about cars
I just watched one of the most amazing programs I have ever seen on Discovery Channel.

To summerize, the building of the new Aswan Dam in Egypt during the 1960s would jepordize about 20 (sources vary) temples and monuements.
UNESCO begins a crazy, amazing project to basically relocate and protect these sites from rise in water level. Most astounding is Abu Simbel temple, which was cut in to over 1000 blocks and moved 65 m higher and 200 m back.

further reading TIME brief feature.
blog post about the show
some background on Abu Simbel

For me it was absolutly captivating the scale of these projects... carp jaw-dropping amazing.

the sky is really the limit, especially when people work together.
(Oct. 31, 2008  6:14 AM)Baronrana Wrote: well, carp i like them. i mean, i'm not trying to go fast or anything and it handles pretty damn good. i'm thinking about upgrading to the new genesis coupe coming out next year though.

but no, those are both the same car. he just painted it red like a couple months back.

haha, yeah dude's all about DORIFTO though. his shop's doing pretty good. i mean he does just about anything. his little brother is like, a carp blacksmith, so he does all the welding. then he does all the engine work and carp.

THEY DO PAINT JOBS TOO! Grin

Sounds carp sik man. I'd love to check it some day.
hell if I could, I'd go all over the world drifting and racing. hit up BT too help him with his stuff LOL

god i gotta get my money residual so i can w.e i want

Alice- big props on the job. It nice to be paid for something you have intrest in.
Quote:Something big is coming to Beywiki before the end of October

I'm excited now. I hope it's ready by the time I'm back from Chessington. =]
(Oct. 31, 2008  10:40 AM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
Quote:Something big is coming to Beywiki before the end of October

I'm excited now. I hope it's ready by the time I'm back from Chessington. =]

omg read the topic you crazies i wrote it was delayed
(Oct. 30, 2008  6:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: you shouldn't make generalizations is the point i'm getting at

Sorry to bring this up. I understand what you were getting at. It's justa vicious circle.
i just wanted to say got libra today hell yeahhh
(Oct. 31, 2008  2:51 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: i just wanted to say got libra today hell yeahhh

Awesome B)

Side note: Just watched Avatar: Sozin's Comet again. The final fight is awesome! Eee
(Oct. 31, 2008  2:51 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: i just wanted to say got libra today hell yeahhh

High five!
I'm so tired, student counciling is difficult. But Halloween was fun, we watched the movie of the same name (1978), met a few pretty girls Tongue_out
This morning I had the craziest dream, everyone follow along!

First I was a part of some movie about some chick book (don't ask my why, but it involved four girls, a car sinking in a lake, and some girl that was locked in a couch)

Then I was a part of some war in some abandoned village, until my friend from real life came along and blew it up

Then I slid down this slope, which went away from the burning village, got arrested for blowing stuff up even though it wasn't me, questioned a witness at the police station, reprimanded my friends from the chick movie for trying to break me out of jail, then broke out of jail

Then I was finally found hiding under a picnic table when the police arrived at a weird outside party on the side of the highway

bladehoarder's freakish dream reminded me of this, fyi