Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jun. 06, 2021  2:58 AM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: What's your guys favorite launches in beyblade burst?

XSabxManiacX, PinkRose, Pixi, "i'm batman", Strikegamerv6, Zeutron, Beyblade8986, Instarez

I know I wasn't asked, but High Jump Shot and Valt's current launch form are both pretty cool. Other good ones are Shu's Southern Cross Shot, Delta's form, and Aiga's current launch form. Nightmare Shot is another one that I believe that Lui should have kept, but unfortunately didn't.
Not gonna lie Valt needs a new launch form
(Jun. 07, 2021  7:36 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Not gonna lie Valt needs a new launch form

True
I always wondered why Valt never returned to the Runaway Shot after he mastered a new evolution of Valkyrie. I get the fact that he needs to master the new power, speed, bond, and style of a new bey, but after he masters it, wouldn't he just return to the shot that boosted his original power? Even in God, he didn't use the Runaway Shot except against Lui and Shu in the final. You would've thought he'd pull it out to try and stop a powerhouse like Free at the very least. Same thing applies to other characters too, like Lui with his Nightmare Shot. I mean c'mon, man literally uses 1/4 of his Nightmare Shot for his Sparking launch form but with no spin. That's kinda wack that they just had bladers throw these weapons out of their arsenal.
^^ cause he’s not the MC anymore, and 0 plot armor. If he started doing the runaway shoot and high jump shoot, people would think he’s the MC. Cause that type of stuff is what an MC would do

or maybe their just being less creative with the bladers
It looks cool visually but Aiga's high jump flipping launch is kind of stupid. I get it's cooler in the any and he doesn't have it in the manga, but in the manga they actually explained how he got the idea for the launch. In the anime he just does it and random upgrades it.
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:58 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:10 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: I don't read the manga but can you tell me what's the difference between manga Bell and Anime Bell

As far as shenanigan's go, they're about the same. He always deploys traps and stuff, and isn't afraid to do random things cause he wants to, like steal Fafnir to make a deal with Free. The only actual difference is that he's a little more fleshed out in the manga so far far, we can see him giving up and Belial has to help him. it shows more that he's actually just a normal kid that pretends to be the Demon King and not some unwavering, unbeatable blading legend.

Speaking of Sparking, it was so disappointing in some aspects. The anime only arcs were fine, but removing entire character arcs is a lot and I hope the anime writer's never go that far again. The motivation for Lane was removed, and Hikaru and Hyuga's characters arcs were also removed.

Btw what was Lane's motivation in the manga? I know Lane's motivation in the anime but I was clueless on what his deal was in the manga.
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:07 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: As far as shenanigan's go, they're about the same. He always deploys traps and stuff, and isn't afraid to do random things cause he wants to, like steal Fafnir to make a deal with Free. The only actual difference is that he's a little more fleshed out in the manga so far far, we can see him giving up and Belial has to help him. it shows more that he's actually just a normal kid that pretends to be the Demon King and not some unwavering, unbeatable blading legend.

Speaking of Sparking, it was so disappointing in some aspects. The anime only arcs were fine, but removing entire character arcs is a lot and I hope the anime writer's never go that far again. The motivation for Lane was removed, and Hikaru and Hyuga's characters arcs were also removed.

Btw what was Lane's motivation in the manga? I know Lane's motivation in the anime but I was clueless on what his deal was in the manga.

Oh it's pretty simple. Essentially Lane was working hard for Shu. However he still had some faults like we saw in the anime when he slipped. But he wanted to become perfect. However Shu himself says he was to hard at Lane. The guilt was slowly eating away at Lane and it made him want to be absolutely perfect. So to do so he manifested Flare. It's a form of resonance, the one every blader has. Essentially when he wins, he gets stronger. So now he has a surefire way to get stronger, and is now going to challenge the strongest people he can find. Then in turn, he will get a major power boost.
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:10 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:07 PM)Dark red Wrote: Btw what was Lane's motivation in the manga? I know Lane's motivation in the anime but I was clueless on what his deal was in the manga.

Oh it's pretty simple. Essentially Lane was working hard for Shu. However he still had some faults like we saw in the anime when he slipped. But he wanted to become perfect. However Shu himself says he was to hard at Lane. The guilt was slowly eating away at Lane and it made him want to be absolutely perfect. So to do so he manifested Flare. It's a form of resonance, the one every blader has. Essentially when he wins, he gets stronger. So now he has a surefire way to get stronger, and is now going to challenge the strongest people he can find. Then in turn, he will get a major power boost.
Wow. So, Lane had Flare in the manga too? I thought it was an anime-only thing like Gold Turbo.
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:13 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:10 PM)Instarez Wrote: Oh it's pretty simple. Essentially Lane was working hard for Shu. However he still had some faults like we saw in the anime when he slipped. But he wanted to become perfect. However Shu himself says he was to hard at Lane. The guilt was slowly eating away at Lane and it made him want to be absolutely perfect. So to do so he manifested Flare. It's a form of resonance, the one every blader has. Essentially when he wins, he gets stronger. So now he has a surefire way to get stronger, and is now going to challenge the strongest people he can find. Then in turn, he will get a major power boost.
Wow. So, Lane had Flare in the manga too? I thought it was an anime-only thing like Gold Turbo.

Gold-Turbo is anime only, but Flare is not. Also the True Resonance he gets at the end (the red one) is also in the manga.
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:14 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:13 PM)Dark red Wrote: Wow. So, Lane had Flare in the manga too? I thought it was an anime-only thing like Gold Turbo.

Gold-Turbo is anime only, but Flare is not. Also the True Resonance he gets at the end (the red one) is also in the manga.

Thank you, I never knew this information. So, I guessing Lane probably had the True Resonance when he fought against Hyuga (the final battle).
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:19 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:14 PM)Instarez Wrote: Gold-Turbo is anime only, but Flare is not. Also the True Resonance he gets at the end (the red one) is also in the manga.

Thank you, I never knew this information. So, I guessing Lane probably had the True Resonance when he fought against Hyuga (the final battle).

Yes. In the final battle (which was against Hyuga in the manga) he realized what a true battle is like. That it's not just about pointlessly getting stronger, it's about the experience of the battle and having fun. So the Flare dissipated and was replaced with the True Resonance. Actually in the anime, he did keep the Flare, but it changed Red. In the manga, he doesn't need it anymore.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Speaking of Hyuga, I feel like Hyuga was a GOAT in the manga compared to the anime. He was doing awesome things in the manga (ex: Sending Lucifer flying so Hyperion can jump and attack it, avoiding its free-spinning layer, or using Helios's tip to use on Hyperion during the final match). I felt the anime should've gone that route for Hyuga since he's the true protagonist of Sparking. And I don't care if he is "generic", Hyuga is one of my favorite characters from Burst.

(Jun. 07, 2021  11:27 PM)Instarez Wrote: [quote='Dark red' pid='1769762' dateline='1623104361']

One more question: Was Manga Lane Op as he in the anime? Because I don't see people complain about Manga Lane compared to his anime counterpart.
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:30 PM)Dark red Wrote: Speaking of Hyuga, I feel like Hyuga was a GOAT in the manga compared to the anime. He was doing awesome things in the manga (ex: Sending Lucifer flying so Hyperion can jump and attack it, avoiding its free-spinning layer, or using Helios's tip to use on Hyperion during the final match). I felt the anime should've gone that route for Hyuga since he's the true protagonist of Sparking. And I don't care if he is "generic", Hyuga is one of my favorite characters from Burst.

(Jun. 07, 2021  11:27 PM)Instarez Wrote: [quote='Dark red' pid='1769762' dateline='1623104361']

One more question: Was Manga Lane Op as he in the anime? Because I don't see people complain about Manga Lane compared to his anime counterpart.

Manga Lean was powerful, but not completely bs to the point where his battles were just plot armor. He also seemed to have more of a brain in the manga as well, just like they did with Hyuga. The main problem with the anime was that they made them look like they just barreled through with power, but the manga made more out of them.
Ratings of every Beyblade opening
Fighting Spirits - 9/10
OFF THE CHAIN - 8/10
Jet - 9/10
Go Ahead - 10/10
Identified - 8/10

Metal Fight Beyblade - 7/10
Galaxy Heart - 9/10
Brave Heart - 8/10

Burst Finish - 7/10
Evolution Burst - 8/10
Chouzetsu Muteki Blader - 10/10
Gatti N' Roll - 8/10
Sparking Revolution - 6/10
Clash Dynamite Battle - 9/10
(Jun. 08, 2021  12:32 AM)Instarez Wrote: Ratings of every Beyblade opening
Fighting Spirits - 9/10
OFF THE CHAIN - 8/10
Jet - 9/10
Go Ahead - 10/10
Identified - 8/10

Metal Fight Beyblade - 7/10
Galaxy Heart - 9/10
Brave Heart - 8/10

Burst Finish - 7/10
Evolution Burst - 8/10
Chouzetsu Muteki Blader - 10/10
Gatti N' Roll - 8/10
Sparking Revolution - 6/10
Clash Dynamite Battle - 9/10

Yo, Off the Chain was the most fire Beyblade openings I've ever heard in my life. It was straight-up HEAT!!!!!!
I kinda happy that new Valkyrie have tattoo too. Also some news :
F gear 5.5g additional rubber attack
V gear 3.7g increase attack speed
S gear 4.1g strengthen countermeasure capabilities
L gear 14.2g change weight distribution

Sh functional , similar to UI , bounces up halfway after launch and uses a large flat for acceleration , but in fact it's only more for entertainment

Moment functional , the grounded spike ball is grounded , and the defense and counterattack ability is strengthened by increasing the friction support. The actual effect isn't too great. The current DB configuration doesn't have a combination that can play it's strengths. The future can be expected

Also Bahamut clicks can reverse
(Jun. 07, 2021  7:33 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2021  2:58 AM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: What's your guys favorite launches in beyblade burst?

XSabxManiacX, PinkRose, Pixi, "i'm batman", Strikegamerv6, Zeutron, Beyblade8986, Instarez

I know I wasn't asked, but High Jump Shot and Valt's current launch form are both pretty cool. Other good ones are Shu's Southern Cross Shot, Delta's form, and Aiga's current launch form. Nightmare Shot is another one that I believe that Lui should have kept, but unfortunately didn't.

Yeah, it's good that you responded cuz I just wanted to have a good discussion. Nightmare shoot was cool, but High Jump Shoot surpasses it. Bell's current launch is also pretty fire.
I think Lane's motivation in the anime was satisfying his "Flare". I guessing that he had so many boring battles in the past, making him frustrated that there was no one who could give him a run for his money. If you ask me, it's almost the same case as Lui and Free: Lui was looking down other bladers since none of them could beat him and Free never took bladers seriously since none of them defeated him.
(Jun. 07, 2021  6:46 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  5:55 PM)Dark red Wrote: But, did Hearts lose his bey in the manga? From what I known, he only lost his bey in the anime. And also, there was no mention of Boa or his rank in the ANIME.

The anime and the manga use the same ranking system and unless it's disproved we have every reason to believe it holds.

Actually no, that isn't how canonicity works within material. The beyblade burst manga and anime are two similar, but ultimately separate continuities evident by the different events and factors that will only exist/occur in one continuity or the other and Hiro Morita has also acknowledged the two as separate. With this being said, different factors do not automatically translate from canon to canon since the two are not a single parallel. If the rankings are not mentioned or transcribed in the anime, then they currently do not exist within the anime canon because canonicity is not a matter of what fits into place being canon (the idea that info that doesn't contradict will exist in the universe)-that is not how it works, it is rather a matter of confirmation. The only information that will apply to both continuities are statements from Mr. Morita himself as he is referring to both in his statements -and even then, he is very careful in what he says (so as to not contradict a particular universe by giving out a statement that only work with one or the other). Besides, even if we are to disregard the rules of canonicity there are many ways to disprove the rankings in the anime. Right off the bat, we can immediately say that Wakiya is not a legend in the anime evident by Rantaro saying ¨sort of¨ when asked if Wakiya was a legend (implying that Wakiya isnt an official legendary blader but instead someone who also has a high status and can blade at the same level, further proven by the fact that he doesn't participate in the legendary blader events) and if Wakiya is not a legend, the manga rankings are obviously invalidated.
(Jun. 08, 2021  9:33 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  6:46 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The anime and the manga use the same ranking system and unless it's disproved we have every reason to believe it holds.

Actually no, that isn't how canonicity works within material. The beyblade burst manga and anime are two similar, but ultimately separate continuities evident by the different events and factors that will only exist/occur in one continuity or the other and Hiro Morita has also acknowledged the two as separate. With this being said, different factors do not automatically translate from canon to canon since the two are not a single parallel. If the rankings are not mentioned or transcribed in the anime, then they currently do not exist within the anime canon because canonicity is not a matter of what fits into place being canon (the idea that info that doesn't contradict will exist in the universe)-that is not how it works, it is rather a matter of confirmation. The only information that will apply to both continuities are statements from Mr. Morita himself as he is referring to both in his statements -and even then, he is very careful in what he says (so as to not contradict a particular universe by giving out a statement that only work with one or the other). Besides, even if we are to disregard the rules of canonicity there are many ways to disprove the rankings in the anime. Right off the bat, we can immediately say that Wakiya is not a legend in the anime evident by Rantaro saying ¨sort of¨ when asked if Wakiya was a legend (implying that Wakiya isnt an official legendary blader but instead someone who also has a high status and can blade at the same level, further proven by the fact that he doesn't participate in the legendary blader events) and if Wakiya is not a legend, the manga rankings are obviously invalidated.
Wakiya is a legend. Check his bio for the anime. In addition, not participating in certain legend events doesn't disqualify someone from being a Legend given that Shu didn't participate in the Legend Festival and he's a Blading Legend.

Honestly though I'm not interested in a long winded debate today. I can already see where this is headed, where not going to agree so before we even get started let's simply agree to disagree.
(Jun. 08, 2021  9:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  9:33 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Actually no, that isn't how canonicity works within material. The beyblade burst manga and anime are two similar, but ultimately separate continuities evident by the different events and factors that will only exist/occur in one continuity or the other and Hiro Morita has also acknowledged the two as separate. With this being said, different factors do not automatically translate from canon to canon since the two are not a single parallel. If the rankings are not mentioned or transcribed in the anime, then they currently do not exist within the anime canon because canonicity is not a matter of what fits into place being canon (the idea that info that doesn't contradict will exist in the universe)-that is not how it works, it is rather a matter of confirmation. The only information that will apply to both continuities are statements from Mr. Morita himself as he is referring to both in his statements -and even then, he is very careful in what he says (so as to not contradict a particular universe by giving out a statement that only work with one or the other). Besides, even if we are to disregard the rules of canonicity there are many ways to disprove the rankings in the anime. Right off the bat, we can immediately say that Wakiya is not a legend in the anime evident by Rantaro saying ¨sort of¨ when asked if Wakiya was a legend (implying that Wakiya isnt an official legendary blader but instead someone who also has a high status and can blade at the same level, further proven by the fact that he doesn't participate in the legendary blader events) and if Wakiya is not a legend, the manga rankings are obviously invalidated.
Wakiya is a legend. Check his bio for the anime. In addition, not participating in certain legend events doesn't disqualify someone from being a Legend given that Shu didn't participate in the Legend Festival and he's a Blading Legend.

Fair enough, but even so, the rules of continuity do continue to apply regardless. Although, you could just ask Hiro Morita himself and see what he says because if he says the rankings are canon to the anime, they'll effectively become official. Not trying to debate, just explaining the factual rules of continuity. You can still envision the anime rankings applying to the anime but that is your headcanon and not the official information.
beyblade character s best dream of there life

Free. He once had a dream he got lost in the forest and then he decided to live there
Silas. He once had a dream where he became a gang leader
Zeutron Here are my thoughts: They can essentially be looked at as parallel universes. They differ, however there are things that persist between the Anime and Manga. The most important things, like the God Bladers Cup. Since the rankings are an integral part we can most likely assume they are present in both universes.
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:12 PM)Instarez Wrote: Zeutron Here are my thoughts: They can essentially be looked at as parallel universes. They differ, however there are things that persist between the Anime and Manga. The most important things, like the God Bladers Cup. Since the rankings are an integral part we can most likely assume they are present in both universes.

Honestly I don't know if I would call rankings integral since they don't actually affect or progress the story (in s5´s case they don't, they did actually affect the story in s2), they are more like attention to detail. For example, Aiga and Drum both have different rankings but it doesn't matter because the important detail is that they are both legends (making it necessary for the brothers to challenge them upon meeting). There are also certain very big arcs that are not shared between manga and anime such as the tag league so not all important concepts exist within both. The main thing here is the actual concept of canon. By definition and function, canon is defined as being what is confirmed to officially exist within material rather than what is confirmed to not exist within material which is why we cannot assume certain things are canon. Of course, this doesn't mean that the legend rankings can't be confirmed as canon in the near future but until Mr. Morita says something himself, they are non-canon to the anime.