Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Anyways, who was a better villain? Faust or Rago? For me Rago was more intimidating but Faust was more developed.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:08 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:07 AM)Zeutron Wrote: For realism, Valt isn't meant to be some invincible god just like any character in any beyblade series (except for Rago-heck, even he lost under the right conditions).

He never was portrayed to be in GT. He was just a mentor. Drum just thought he was cool and wanted to be like him.

A portrayal is a depiction of something so he is technically being portrayed. Since him getting beat doesn't work in this scenario maybe they should have kept him around for more.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:10 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:08 AM)Instarez Wrote: He never was portrayed to be in GT. He was just a mentor. Drum just thought he was cool and wanted to be like him.

A portrayal is a depiction of something so he is technically being portrayed. Since him getting beat doesn't work in this scenario maybe they should have kept him around for more.

They can't really work him into the plot without it being weird.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:10 AM)Instarez Wrote: Anyways, who was a better villain? Faust or Rago? For me Rago was more intimidating but Faust was more developed.

Faust was better IMO. Rago kind of came out of the blue and his dialogue was really annoying with all those grunts and him constantly calling people "worms." He also didn't have much of a personality beyond being a servant of Hades prophecy and the black sun.
rago is the definition of what a vanilla villain is lol . they only memorable thing about rago that was good is his bey nemesis. I would go as far as to say his the most boring villain an metal saga if not beyblade in general lol
I agree with everyone. Rago is just there because Nemesis can't really walk by itself lol. We know that he wants to destroy the world but why? What is his motivation? These are some things the show never answers making him a flat character. Faust on the other hand was brainwashed, so his single-minded goal to keep Tempo spinning is believable. He also has ties to and serves as the motivation for both Masamune and Zeo. Hence, I think in terms of characterization, Faust is far superior to Rago.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:33 AM)i\m batman Wrote: I agree with everyone. Rago is just there because Nemesis can't really walk by itself lol. We know that he wants to destroy the world but why? What is his motivation? These are some things the show never answers making him a flat character. Faust on the other hand was brainwashed, so his single-minded goal to keep Tempo spinning is believable. He also has ties to and serves as the motivation for both Masamune and Zeo. Hence, I think in terms of characterization, Faust is far superior to Rago.

The manga handled Rago much better and interestingly enough, it literally used him as means for Nemesis to "walk" the same way he was simply there for Nemesis in the anime but with a better reasoning. In the manga Rago is the owner of Nemesis from the beginning and he isn't actually a human, but rather a physical embodiment of Nemesis and there's also no Pluto either. Nemesis itself is basically the main antagonist.
I can say what is flare. It's just limit break power of Sun Beys
(Apr. 25, 2021  4:55 PM)Pixi Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=19157317]

Ah yes, the good ol-
Wait no, these weren't good ol' days.
(Apr. 25, 2021  6:06 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  4:55 PM)Pixi Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=19157317]

Ah yes, the good ol-

They certainly weren't, but what I will say is I like that ending. As an aside, even in this ending you see they're presenting Valt as standing above the rest of the Legends. Legend of Legends for you. Also that smile is so wholesome.
(Apr. 25, 2021  6:12 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  6:06 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Ah yes, the good ol-

They certainly weren't, but what I will say is I like that ending. As an aside, even in this ending you see they're presenting Valt as standing above the rest of the Legends. Legend of Legends for you. Also that smile is so wholesome.

Facts, the graphics were pretty neat for the OP/ED (3rd OP has got to be my fav version and the last ED was cool too).
Also,
#Protect_Valt's_Smile.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=21311391]Not exactly on the Ranzo train, but I love Roktavor's new avatar, and Double Wing Cyclone is beautiful.
I'm going to miss rantaro.

Just found this
https://ibb.co/fkfQpYq
Anyone know what ep?
(Apr. 25, 2021  6:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Me and you both.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=21074176]

Aw yes, the classic Valt and Rantaro with a little Hikaru and Hyuga to add a bit more flavor.
(Apr. 25, 2021  6:51 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  6:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Me and you both.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=21074176]

Aw yes,  the classic Valt and Rantaro with a little Hikaru and Hyuga to add a bit more flavor.

Rantaro will always remain in our hearts.

(Apr. 22, 2021  5:23 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2021  5:16 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: Exactly. The breaker moves are downard smash attacks. And Don forget that Dynamite Bomber was used as an upper cut on Demise Solomon, Raid Luinor, AND Glide Roktavor. The time against Luinor is further evidence. So will Bell’s new move be like a breaker style move?

Breaker moves are necessarily downward smash, they're just powerful attacks. Also, Dynamite Bomber is just just a smash attack. Not neccesarily an upper cut. Just a powerful move. This is a downward smash attack.

Actually, breaker moves are always portrayed as downward smashing attack which is why Aiga always uses the move in tall height (if his bey has height change), we also usually see the Achilles layer forcing the opposing layer downwards. Even during AIga's animation, he jumps upward and slashes downward during the pose. His slash/sword moves are the ones that hit head on.

[Image: BBCA-Z-Buster-6.png]

[Image: Beyblade-Burst-Chozetsu-Z-Achilles-Z-Buster.gif]
[Image: BBCA-Super-Z-Buster-2.png]

[Image: BBCA-Super-Z-Buster-4.png]

[Image: BBGTA-Union-Buster-4.png]

In some cases, achilles won't be able to reach over the opposing layer so its downward attack will have to hit head on like in this case:
[Image: BBSKA-Infinite-Buster-5.png]
Well, Bell used Dynamite Bomber both in High and Low Mode (and as we've seen in Episode 5, it pushed Cyclone downward). I'd say it's just a smash attack that can be both an Upper and a Buster depending on the height.
(Apr. 25, 2021  8:56 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Well, Bell used Dynamite Bomber both in High and Low Mode (and as we've seen in Episode 5, it pushed Cyclone downward). I'd say it's just a smash attack that can be both an Upper and a Buster depending on the height.

Yeah that sounds about right. Dynamite Bomber doesn't really seem to be considered a separate move based on angles and situational differences.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:45 AM)Instarez Wrote: Flare wasn't even explained in the anime, just epic edgy energy. Maybe don't shoehorn random long tournament arcs into your anime adaption, forcing you to remove vital pieces of information and extremely important character backstories and arcs?

Burst would've been better WITHOUT flare imo.

(Apr. 25, 2021  2:00 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:39 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Yes I know that. Valt is one of the most hard working characters in burst, but naturally, if you noticed, as for example, Gingka had to train MUCH longer to become stronger. MUCH harder was well.

Valt beating champions with only 1.5 years of hard working is kinda over it imo.

I understand what you said, but imo maybe valt should've worked longer to beat some characters.
Gingka was already strong by the time we encountered him in episode 1 of MFB, and one of the disadvantages about his training prior to season 1 taking place off screen, is that we can't connect with the effort that took place in said training. This can be overcome if handled right. But for the most part we see Gingka just taking people down. With Valt we got to see his growth right before our eyes which lends itself for us as audience to connect with it more since we saw the struggle, we saw the hard work, we saw the self doubt. In addition I don't where you get this Gingka working harder thing from. As I already stated Gingka was already powerful and didn't have to do much training. Not downing Gingka but let's not down Valt in comparing burst to MFB considering how well Valt was handled.

(Apr. 25, 2021  1:58 AM)Zeutron Wrote:  
It seems like he was referring to them being a year older.

A year had passed, thus they were a year older. He specifically said a year after.

Not really strong. Just good. And Gingka's training doing one thousand push ups isn't what valt could handle. Ryuga, Gingka, Kyoya, and Kenta were so good developed. One of the reasons why MFB still atracts me today.

(Apr. 25, 2021  3:10 AM)Instarez Wrote: Anyways, who was a better villain? Faust or Rago? For me Rago was more intimidating but Faust was more developed.

I agree. Rago was more like a villian type guy but Faust was more developed.

(Apr. 25, 2021  3:33 AM)i'm batman Wrote: I agree with everyone. Rago is just there because Nemesis can't really walk by itself lol. We know that he wants to destroy the world but why? What is his motivation? These are some things the show never answers making him a flat character. Faust on the other hand was brainwashed, so his single-minded goal to keep Tempo spinning is believable. He also has ties to and serves as the motivation for both Masamune and Zeo. Hence, I think in terms of characterization, Faust is far superior to Rago.

(Apr. 25, 2021  3:43 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:33 AM)i\m batman Wrote: I agree with everyone. Rago is just there because Nemesis can't really walk by itself lol. We know that he wants to destroy the world but why? What is his motivation? These are some things the show never answers making him a flat character. Faust on the other hand was brainwashed, so his single-minded goal to keep Tempo spinning is believable. He also has ties to and serves as the motivation for both Masamune and Zeo. Hence, I think in terms of characterization, Faust is far superior to Rago.

The manga handled Rago much better and interestingly enough, it literally used him as means for Nemesis to "walk" the same way he was simply there for Nemesis in the anime but with a better reasoning. In the manga Rago is the owner of Nemesis from the beginning and he isn't actually a human, but rather a physical embodiment of Nemesis and there's also no Pluto either. Nemesis itself is basically the main antagonist.

Yes mfb did screw up in that. But the manga was WAY better at handling villians overall. Rago I think probably was controlled by Nemesis. This is one of the flaws of MFB anime.
(Apr. 25, 2021  9:19 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:00 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Gingka was already strong by the time we encountered him in episode 1 of MFB, and one of the disadvantages about his training prior to season 1 taking place off screen, is that we can't connect with the effort that took place in said training. This can be overcome if handled right. But for the most part we see Gingka just taking people down. With Valt we got to see his growth right before our eyes which lends itself for us as audience to connect with it more since we saw the struggle, we saw the hard work, we saw the self doubt. In addition I don't where you get this Gingka working harder thing from. As I already stated Gingka was already powerful and didn't have to do much training. Not downing Gingka but let's not down Valt in comparing burst to MFB considering how well Valt was handled.

Not really strong. Just good. And Gingka's training doing one thousand push ups isn't what valt could handle. Ryuga, Gingka, Kyoya, and Kenta were so good developed. One of the reasons why MFB still atracts me today.
Gingka was a very powerful blader out the gate. That's made very clear in metal fusion. He only lost two full on 1v1 battles all season.
Wether Gingka can do 1000 pushups is irrelevant. What does he being able to do that do for his journey? How does it make us root for him as character? It doesn't. It gives no weight to his journey as a character and it in no way lends credence to his training harder. Most of Gingka's training was off screen. He came into the season as an already established blader, so there was no opportunity to connect with that training. Which isn't necessarily bad, if there's another struggle we can connect with. 

Showcasing Valt's training the way Burst did showed us the hard work he was putting in to better his skills and abilities. Seeing him work to the bone to get better gave us something to root for. He didn't just rest on his laurels. We got to see him train through five tournaments which added a foundation of believability to his wins. Everytime Valt got knocked down he went back to training and got back up again and pushed forward. That was a wonderful way of giving us as the audience the ability to connect with his struggle and truly cheer him own when he tried again. 

People sometimes misunderstand the difference between character development and character growth. Development is when the traits, background, and other information pertaining to who the character is shown. Character growth, is when a character changes across the course of a story through definite arcs. While MFB developed certain characters, we didn't see much growth for the most part. I didn't even mention character development in my original post so it seems kinda strange to that you threw that in there.

I understand that you love MFB, which is fine, but there isn't a need to always compare it to Burst. I prefer Burst, but I don't make it a point to always compare it to MFB. There isn't a need to.
I really think that beyblade burst DB has the best filler moments we've had in the burst series as of now. At least they are actually entertaining and not full of useless ironically boring drama like those BC sol filler episodes from s2 or those continuous dreadful training episodes that made s3 feel like some journey on rusted wagon.
(Apr. 25, 2021  11:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I really think that beyblade burst DB has the best filler moments we've had in the burst series as of now. At least they are actually entertaining and not full of useless ironically boring drama like those BC sol filler episodes from s2 or those continuous dreadful training episodes that made s3 feel like some journey on rusted wagon.

Certainly a manner of perspective. Those episodes with BC Sol were actually vital. They laid the foundation for there eventual rise and showcased the results of having relied too much on Free. They also served the added purpose of fueling Free's departure and showed the natural consequences of him leaving.
I hope we get a MFB reboot. Idk it would just be cool.
[Image: 9782820301598-w360.jpg?v=1538189898]
(Apr. 25, 2021  11:09 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  11:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I really think that beyblade burst DB has the best filler moments we've had in the burst series as of now. At least they are actually entertaining and not full of useless ironically boring drama like those BC sol filler episodes from s2 or those continuous dreadful training episodes that made s3 feel like some journey on rusted wagon.

Certainly a manner of perspective. Those episodes with BC Sol were actually vital. They laid the foundation for there eventual rise and showcased the results of having relied too much on Free. They also served the added purpose of fueling Free's departure and showed the natural consequences of him leaving.

The BC sol drama was boring and generally uninspiring -it wasn't just about Free either, there were episodes that focused on Valt and Rantaro being suspected of "ditching their team." The actual tournament, visual lack of confidence and consistent failures were the proper slump the show needed, not twenty minutes of absolute nothingness because the reliance Bc Sol had on Free is what vitally needed to be portrayed during the story, not useless banter-although, that particular filler episode wasn't too bad since it was the first one and actually focused on something good, is primarily the other ones I don't like. Valt, Rantaro and Silas skulking around Bc Sol doing nothing is not fun to watch and at the time, the complaints those episodes were receiving made that clear. That's just my take on it though, everyone expects something different.