Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Apr. 24, 2021  7:14 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  7:07 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Surely it is, I don't disagree with that part. It has just become clear that the arguments have shifted from Hyuga and Hikaru having bad development to legends losing as easily as they did being ludicrous and I don't agree with that part.
My main problem was with Lain. Everything regarding him was ridiculous. My problem with the bros was whenever we had a flare=win situation.

I sometimes think that Burst handled Flare wrongly and not in the correct way.

Lain stupid random guy with Flare suddenly comes and bodies bladers who have domineering power.

(Apr. 25, 2021  12:50 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:46 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I'll have to agree with Zeutron.

Some random idiotic blader coming into beyblade and defeating insanely powerful bladers who were champion or at a really high level. One of the reasons why I prefer MFB over Burst.
It took Valt a year to a year and a half to achieve that. He didn't just suddenly reach the top. It was well handled. Now season 3 is another story.

I wouldn't really say it was well handled. A year and half vs Someone who has been training a lot longer than that.
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:50 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:46 AM)Admiral W Wrote: [Image: J3N15D7_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

The person was asking what age were Valt and Shu in Evolution. They were 11 in Burst and 12 in evolution/god.

In all fairness, we have no clue how close it is to the end of the year when S1-2 take place and it doesn't take into account a possible time ga between the season either.

The gap between seasons wasn't long. Even Kris mentioned Valt's recent performance against Lui in episode 2. Was probably only a matter of weeks between seasons. All in all Burst to Evolution was 1-1.5 years.
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:55 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:50 AM)Zeutron Wrote: In all fairness, we have no clue how close it is to the end of the year when S1-2 take place and it doesn't take into account a possible time ga between the season either.

The gap between seasons wasn't long. Even Kris mentioned Valt's recent performance against Lui in episode 2. Was probably only a matter of weeks between seasons. All in all Burst to Evolution was 1-1.5 years.

Unless it takes place towards the end of a year.
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:56 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:55 AM)Admiral W Wrote: The gap between seasons wasn't long. Even Kris mentioned Valt's recent performance against Lui in episode 2. Was probably only a matter of weeks between seasons. All in all Burst to Evolution was 1-1.5 years.

Unless it takes place towards the end of a year.

There's really no indication of that. What we do know, is from the start of Burst to end of Evolution 1-1.5 years.

(Apr. 25, 2021  12:51 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  7:14 PM)Admiral W Wrote: My main problem was with Lain. Everything regarding him was ridiculous. My problem with the bros was whenever we had a flare=win situation.

I sometimes think that Burst handled Flare wrongly and not in the correct way.

Lain stupid random guy with Flare suddenly comes and bodies bladers who have domineering power.

(Apr. 25, 2021  12:50 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It took Valt a year to a year and a half to achieve that. He didn't just suddenly reach the top. It was well handled. Now season 3 is another story.

I wouldn't really say it was well handled. A year and half vs Someone who has been training a lot longer than that.
The thing I think your misunderstanding is, that not only did Valt already have natural talent as a blader, but he worked his butt off to improve his skills. He didn't just suddenly start taking people down. In addition he struggled a lot along the way. Irl there have been sports players that have beaten players playing longer, they didn't do by resting on their laurels. They worked to the bone and in some of those cases the gap is huge. The gap with Valt isn't even that huge with Valt. Valt worked and trained hard through five tournaments, preserving through the setbacks he faced along the way. He earned those wins. Made perfect sense given the foundation they laid for his reaching the top. Made for a compelling story as well.
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:02 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:56 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Unless it takes place towards the end of a year.

There's really no indication of that. What we do know, is from the start of Burst to end of Evolution 1-1.5 years.

(Apr. 25, 2021  12:51 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I sometimes think that Burst handled Flare wrongly and not in the correct way.

The thing I think your misunderstanding is, that not only did Valt already have natural talent as a blader, but he worked his butt off to improve his skills. He didn't just suddenly start taking people down. In addition he struggled a lot along the way. Irl there have been sports players that have beaten players playing longer, they didn't do by resting on their laurels. They worked to the bone and in some of those cases the gap is huge. The gap with Valt isn't even that huge with Valt. Valt worked and trained hard through five tournaments, preserving through the setbacks he faced along the way. He earned those wins. Made perfect sense given the foundation they laid for his reaching the top. Made for a compelling story as well.

Yes I know that. Valt is one of the most hard working characters in burst, but naturally, if you noticed, as for example, Gingka had to train MUCH longer to become stronger. MUCH harder was well.

Valt beating champions with only 1.5 years of hard working is kinda over it imo.

I understand what you said, but imo maybe valt should've worked longer to beat some characters.
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:02 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  12:56 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Unless it takes place towards the end of a year.

But Hiro didn't really say that. He just said that the characters were 12 by the end of God. Besides just look at the episodes. Take the national individual tournament as an example, thats already ten-twelve episodes one after another with a days difference at most. Unless there are monthly differences between episode arcs (which it doesn't seem like) this makes no sense.
Theirs one thing I want to point out about free on why he got cought. Its really his fault if free didn't stop training seriously he would've beat valt. Even when he lost its debateble if valt had surpassed him at that time. I'll even quote something Raúl said in the manga during their match. Even with all that power he aquired his still not at his level yet in fact valt Flag stated that he can't launch Again before free forfeirt by injury . Thats Raúl saying that free was still the overall the stronger blader he even made a similar statement with the vs shu match. He only beat free cause free gas out & injured himself. And with shu honestly its really a miracle he pull their. I don’t know if anyone here knows or have watch kuroko no basket, theirs something called zone which is when an athlete is an state which is cause by extreme concentration or an extreme love & passion For the sport to the point they stop seeing or hearing everyone/everything around them And solely focus on that one thing at this specific momment that athlete has peak & reach his maximum potential. Thats what basically happen against shu or lui if you guys remember during those 2 match valt was extremely concentrate he peak their which momentartly make him equal to them. Samething happen during aiga vs phi match. If it wasn't For that valt would've lost against shu (or if shu had the same effect that valt had). At the end valt really surpassed this guy after god an the 2 years he was champion
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:44 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:02 AM)Admiral W Wrote: There's really no indication of that. What we do know, is from the start of Burst to end of Evolution 1-1.5 years.

But Hiro didn't really say that. He just said that the characters were 12 by the end of God. Besides just look at the episodes. Take the national individual tournament as an example, thats already ten-twelve episodes one after another with a days difference at most. Unless there are monthly differences between episode arcs (which it doesn't seem like) this makes no sense.

When you take a look at the tweet, Hiro specifically said a year.
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:52 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:44 AM)Zeutron Wrote: But Hiro didn't really say that. He just said that the characters were 12 by the end of God. Besides just look at the episodes. Take the national individual tournament as an example, thats already ten-twelve episodes one after another with a days difference at most. Unless there are monthly differences between episode arcs (which it doesn't seem like) this makes no sense.

When you take a look at the tweet, Hiro specifically said a year.

It seems like he was referring to them being a year older.
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:39 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:02 AM)Admiral W Wrote: There's really no indication of that. What we do know, is from the start of Burst to end of Evolution 1-1.5 years.

Yes I know that. Valt is one of the most hard working characters in burst, but naturally, if you noticed, as for example, Gingka had to train MUCH longer to become stronger. MUCH harder was well.

Valt beating champions with only 1.5 years of hard working is kinda over it imo.

I understand what you said, but imo maybe valt should've worked longer to beat some characters.
Gingka was already strong by the time we encountered him in episode 1 of MFB, and one of the disadvantages about his training prior to season 1 taking place off screen, is that we can't connect with the effort that took place in said training. This can be overcome if handled right. But for the most part we see Gingka just taking people down. With Valt we got to see his growth right before our eyes which lends itself for us as audience to connect with it more since we saw the struggle, we saw the hard work, we saw the self doubt. In addition I don't where you get this Gingka working harder thing from. As I already stated Gingka was already powerful and didn't have to do much training. Not downing Gingka but let's not down Valt in comparing burst to MFB considering how well Valt was handled.

(Apr. 25, 2021  1:58 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:52 AM)Admiral W Wrote: When you take a look at the tweet, Hiro specifically said a year.

A year had passed, thus they were a year older. He specifically said a year after.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:00 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  1:39 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Yes I know that. Valt is one of the most hard working characters in burst, but naturally, if you noticed, as for example, Gingka had to train MUCH longer to become stronger. MUCH harder was well.

Gingka was already strong by the time we encountered him in episode 1 of MFB, and one of the disadvantages about his training prior to season 1 taking place off screen, is that we can't connect with the effort that took place in said training. This can be overcome if handled right. But for the most part we see Gingka just taking people down. With Valt we got to see his growth right before our eyes which lends itself for us as audience to connect with it more since we saw the struggle, we saw the hard work, we saw the self doubt. Not downing Gingka but let's not down Valt in comparing burst to MFB considering how well he was handled.

(Apr. 25, 2021  1:58 AM)Zeutron Wrote:  

A year had passed, thus they were a year older. He specifically said a year after.

He wrote it with a comma and said after the first god series which could indicate either. Even if that was so, we still don't know the time gap between s1 and 2 and it would probably contradict what we actually see seeing as the episodes hardly have any gaps themselves and they evidently take plae a day after one another at most.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:15 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:00 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Gingka was already strong by the time we encountered him in episode 1 of MFB, and one of the disadvantages about his training prior to season 1 taking place off screen, is that we can't connect with the effort that took place in said training. This can be overcome if handled right. But for the most part we see Gingka just taking people down. With Valt we got to see his growth right before our eyes which lends itself for us as audience to connect with it more since we saw the struggle, we saw the hard work, we saw the self doubt. Not downing Gingka but let's not down Valt in comparing burst to MFB considering how well he was handled.

He wrote it with a comma which could indicate either. Even if that was so, we still don't know the time gap between s1 and 2 and it would probably contradict what we actually see seeing as the episodes hardly have any gaps themselves and they evidently take plae a day after one another at most.
Up to you whether you accept it or not, but Morita does have the last word. In addition Kris commented on Valt's recent bout with Lui in episode 2 so the gap between seasons can't be but so wide.
Seeing Zeutron's pfp gives me flashbacks to the dues ex machina moment and Valt vs Aiga mid series but that aside, I thought it was already clear than Burst-God was a year, and Cho-Z was a year after.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:20 AM)Instarez Wrote: Seeing Zeutron's pfp gives me flashbacks to the dues ex machina moment and Valt vs Aiga mid series but that aside, I thought it was already clear than Burst-God was a year, and Cho-Z was a year after.

I think Cho-z is 2 years afterwards.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:20 AM)Instarez Wrote: Seeing Zeutron's pfp gives me flashbacks to the dues ex machina moment and Valt vs Aiga mid series but that aside, I thought it was already clear than Burst-God was a year, and Cho-Z was a year after.

Don't remind me of that horror.

Not too long ago I introduced a friend to Burst. We watched the first two seasons together and he loved it. We started watching season 3 after and needless to say he wasn't a fan. I told him it gets much worse. He didn't understand how it could. He understood fully when we watched episode 29. He was devastated at what they did to Valt.
I don't mind Aiga breaking Valkyrie, just think Valt should have won the final fight. Could have had Drum beat one of them in another final fight then (or maybe his ending was actually appropriate).
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:31 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I don't mind Aiga breaking Valkyrie, just think Valt should have won the final fight. Could have had Drum beat one of them in another final fight then (or maybe his ending was actually appropriate).

I do mind Aiga breaking Valkyrie. If you were actually watching the battle you, would see everything wrong with it. Aiga did not earn that win. he just screamed and power came out, which MIRACULOUSLY broke Valkyrie. Who would've thunk, if only Valt did that instead of hours of rigorous training each day. Maybe he would've beaten Shu in the District Tournament.
I'd be straight up lying if I said I don't mind Aiger breaking Valtryek. Perhaps damaged and still win the match I could accept. But what they did to Valt in that episode.....so disrespectful.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:23 AM)Admiral W Wrote:

Don't remind me of that horror.

Not too long ago I introduced a friend to Burst. We watched the first two seasons together and he loved it. We started watching season 3 after and needless to say he wasn't a fan. I told him it gets much worse. He didn't understand how it could. He understood fully when we watched episode 29. He was devastated at what they did to Valt.

Watching Chouzetsu can really be an uphill battle. I find it easier to appreciate the good stuff on a rewatch, like Fubuki. Even then it's just like under 5 episodes worth of content centering around the character, so why even go back to those episodes.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:34 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:31 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I don't mind Aiga breaking Valkyrie, just think Valt should have won the final fight. Could have had Drum beat one of them in another final fight then (or maybe his ending was actually appropriate).

I do mind Aiga breaking Valkyrie. If you were actually watching the battle you, would see everything wrong with it. Aiga did not earn that win. he just screamed and power came out, which MIRACULOUSLY broke Valkyrie. Who would've thunk, if only Valt did that instead of hours of rigorous training each day. Maybe he would've beaten Shu in the District Tournament.

I did watch the battle and I thought it was amazing, the story had to go somewhere. It also gave us a basa** evolution so there are no complaints for me. The dark power Aiga used was sort of like a beyblade burst equivalent to the dark side of the force, a quicker path to a higher level of power (although it was a little bit of a quick journey).
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:36 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:23 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Don't remind me of that horror.

Watching Chouzetsu can really be an uphill battle. I find it easier to appreciate the good stuff on a rewatch, like Fubuki. Even then it's just like under 5 episodes worth of content centering around the character, so why even go back to those episodes.
The only reason I'm sitting through it is because my friend wants to watch it together. I did enjoy the Fubuki content, what little of it we got. I loved seeing Kitt, but they ended up doing nothing with him in the end. If they had made him Aiger's main rival, someone trained by Valt himself, that could have been a good way to avoid some of the problems the season had.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:38 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:34 AM)Instarez Wrote: I do mind Aiga breaking Valkyrie. If you were actually watching the battle you, would see everything wrong with it. Aiga did not earn that win. he just screamed and power came out, which MIRACULOUSLY broke Valkyrie. Who would've thunk, if only Valt did that instead of hours of rigorous training each day. Maybe he would've beaten Shu in the District Tournament.

I did watch the battle and I thought it was amazing, the story had to go somewhere. It also gave us a basa** evolution so there are no complaints for me. The dark power Aiga used was sort of like a beyblade burst equivalent to the dark side of the force a quicker path to a higher power (although it was a little quick).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not how a good story works. Plot progression should feel simple and natural, not forced. Second, the dark side of the force and Dar Resonance are like saying Bakugan is a rip off of Beyblade. Those 2 things are so vaguely related that they might as well not be at all. All he did was scream and gained more power. The dark side of the force is simply getting your power from a different source.
Episode 28 of Cho-Z was a top 5 battle of Cho-Z in my opinion. Not because of Winning breaking, because the battle was epic, well animated and amazing btatle.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:38 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:34 AM)Instarez Wrote: I do mind Aiga breaking Valkyrie. If you were actually watching the battle you, would see everything wrong with it. Aiga did not earn that win. he just screamed and power came out, which MIRACULOUSLY broke Valkyrie. Who would've thunk, if only Valt did that instead of hours of rigorous training each day. Maybe he would've beaten Shu in the District Tournament.

I did watch the battle and I thought it was amazing, the story had to go somewhere. It also gave us a basa** evolution so there are no complaints for me. The dark power Aiga used was sort of like a beyblade burst equivalent to the dark side of the force, a quicker path to a higher level of power (although it was a little bit of a quick journey).

There are ways of progressing the story forward without relying on Deus ex machina to achieve that forward motion. That's a prime example of lazy, bad writing. Flare 1.0. I could have lived with Valt winning the match but Valtryek being damaged in the process which would require an upgrade to Turbo Valtryek.