Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Didn't know you could be 1/4 below someone.
I'd like zac to come back.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:03 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  2:44 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Wait, I get why Lane is hated, and I guess Zac as well (though I don't), but why Kit?  Smith

I'm fine with Zac not coming, I despise Zac. Kit thought is a good character imo.

(Apr. 22, 2021  11:54 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah Valt is still stronger, was nice to see serious Rantaro though. I actually never noticed the first time either, only realized after I watched the battle a few times.

Okay, I'll have to give this is MasterChef. His proof and reasoning surpassed Yours. So I guess, I'll have to admit Free's stronger than Lui in some seasons, but currently, I'll just say  Free is S-Tier and Lui is 1/4 tier below Free.

I doubt that Free is even close to s tier in sparking. Everyone has better feats so if he is in s tier then everyone would be, his best feat is beating Silas in a spin finishe by a second.
(Apr. 24, 2021  4:45 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Can someone please explain how the God Bladers Cup went down in the manga?

Unlike in the anime only top 8 fight each others. The battles were free vs sisco this battle ended 3-1 if my memories is correct, valt vs xhaka(which was intense) the match ended 3-2 or 4-2 i kind of forgot the exact score, lui vs ruway And shu vs joshia both last match was blitz by lui And shu. Than top 4 was like the anime free vs valt unlike the anime free was the one to forfeit because he went over the limit the match ended 2-2 valt won by forfeit, And lui vs shu now this match has a few difference from the anime the first is shu still had legend during this match but lui brutaly broke legend with pieces going straight into the red Eye mask exposing shu that he was red Eye (which lui always knew), lui not being satisfy with this give shu a week to repair legend (which was a fatal mistake from him) shu went on a make requiem his first victim was boa Who unlike the anime got his bahamut broken (as mentioned by zeutron). Than after a week the match resume at first it was toe to toe until requiem started dominating the match And as pay back from a week before well shu brutality broke nightmare the match ended 3-2 For shu. Now on to the final which was super intense both spriggan and Valkyrie went toe to toe And Blow For Blow valt down by 2 managed to bbarely get 1 point than in their last round the most intense one valt manage to get a burts winning the match 3-2 unlike the anime Who ended 4-2. Shu is back to normal but theirs a little more that happen shu is confronted by ashtum And norman battles shu its also stated that shu is juts as strong if not stronger when he was in the red Eye Persona which was what shu wanted to prove to ashtum of course he won by burts than talk to ashtum he even thank him for helping him get stronger, which give ashtum a closure in the Manga unlike an the anime. Everything goes back to normal the end.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:03 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I'm fine with Zac not coming, I despise Zac. Kit thought is a good character imo.

Okay, I'll have to give this is MasterChef. His proof and reasoning surpassed Yours. So I guess, I'll have to admit Free's stronger than Lui in some seasons, but currently, I'll just say  Free is S-Tier and Lui is 1/4 tier below Free.

I doubt that Free is even close to s tier in sparking. Everyone has better feats so if he is in s tier then everyone would be, his best feat is beating Silas in a spin finishe by a second.

Well, in my tier list, S tier is the third most strongest tier. Don't know about you.

Yes.

Valt has better feats
Shu
Lane

.... etc a lot of bladers.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:26 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I doubt that Free is even close to s tier in sparking. Everyone has better feats so if he is in s tier then everyone would be, his best feat is beating Silas in a spin finishe by a second.

Well, in my tier list, S tier is the third most strongest tier. Don't know about you.

Yes.

Valt has better feats
Shu
Lane

Fait enough but why is he third on your list? What do you believe he has done that puts him there?
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:28 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:26 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Well, in my tier list, S tier is the third most strongest tier. Don't know about you.

Yes.

Valt has better feats
Shu
Lane

Fait enough but why is he third on your list? What do you believe he has done that puts him there?

not third, third tier. Not third powerful buddy lol.
All this feats stuff and I'm just thinking that Sparking just didn't do him well that he could've done. Hopefully he's done better in DB like in evolution and turbo.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:35 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: All this feats stuff and I'm just thinking that Sparking just didn't do him well that he could've done. Hopefully he's done better in DB like in evolution and turbo.

They did Free dirty in Sparking.

This is Free De La Hoya were talking about and threw him under the bus.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:35 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: All this feats stuff and I'm just thinking that Sparking just didn't do him well that he could've done. Hopefully he's done better in DB like in evolution and turbo.

They did Free dirty in Sparking.

True, the only battles that were worth seeing was free vs Lui, and the first few battles he had with the brothers. They could've done better with the shu vs free part. And then the lane rematch not worth mentioning with how it played out.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:39 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote: They did Free dirty in Sparking.

True, the only battles that were worth seeing was free vs Lui, and the first few battles he had with the brothers. They could've done better with the shu vs free part. And then the lane rematch not worth mentioning with how it played out.

I'm just hoping we don't have a repeat of stuff like that in DB.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:39 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote: They did Free dirty in Sparking.

Free was too obsessed with beating Lane and Shu lightly tapped him to get a ring-out. And here I was expecting a proper Shu vs Free battle at last.
It's like they've forgotten that free was former number 1 and champion like valt was.
Free's one of the best bladers in the world. He didn't deserve to be treated like that.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:42 PM)i\m batman Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:39 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: True, the only battles that were worth seeing was free vs Lui, and the first few battles he had with the brothers. They could've done better with the shu vs free part. And then the lane rematch not worth mentioning with how it played out.

Free was too obsessed with beating Lane and Shu lightly tapped him to get a ring-out. And here I was expecting a proper Shu vs Free battle at last.

Yeh I heard that free used nothing break and just got tapped out like that by a simple move from shu. I watching surge btw.
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:44 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  5:42 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Free was too obsessed with beating Lane and Shu lightly tapped him to get a ring-out. And here I was expecting a proper Shu vs Free battle at last.

Yeh I heard that free used nothing break and just got tapped out like that by a simple move from shu. I watching surge btw.

Pretty much. Shu used Nothing Break's extreme velocity against Fafnir.
All the legends got played dirty in Sparking. Hopefully DB fix that. Free was former number 1, Lui was former number 2 and national champion and Aiga was world champion. I don't know what the writers were thinking honestly just bringing them back and then spitting at their faces.
People are always talking about legends getting done dirty but truth be told, rookies are always beating opponents who should be leagues above them, they just hate it now because they have become particularly fond of certain characters.

Valt beats the supreme four members Zac and Xhaka who have been sitting at the top for a while and he also beat Ben, who was a former supreme four member. Then, he surpasses Lui (he obviously would have beat him, they had him lose by accident for development) who was been blading at national level for 4 years and was powerful enough to challenge Free at the world tournament. 

Valt and Silas go around beating big five members within a single season and Valt eventually surpasses Free who has been sitting at the top ever since the very existence of the world league. He beats Kurt, who has been dominating the underground beyblade world for years and he even beats a Requiem project enhanced Shu who is said to be more powerful than Free and Lui.

In season 3 Aiga beats Lui and Valt (twice) and effectively surpasses Free and Shu by beating Phi. He also beats Kitt, who happens to be the European champion and he even beats the z4. Quite literally everyone in this season has been blading for longer than Aiga, it's even more ridiculous than it is in s5.

Season 4 is not as bad since Drum has been blading for a while and has been training under Valt in BC Sol (plus the people he fights are evidently pretty new as well, so I will give it a pass).

I don't need to explain season 5
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:10 PM)Zeutron Wrote: People are always talking about legends getting done dirty but truth be told, rookies are always beating opponents who should be leagues above them, they just hate it now because they have become particularly fond of certain characters.

Valt beats the supreme four members Zac and Xhaka who have been sitting at the top for a while and he also beat Ben, who was a former supreme four member. Then, he surpasses Lui (he obviously would have beat him, they had him lose by accident for development) who was been blading at national level for 4 years and was powerful enough to challenge Free at the world tournament. 

Valt and Silas go around beating big five members within a single season and Valt eventually surpasses Free who has been sitting at the top ever since the very existence of the world league. He beats Kurt, who has been dominating the underground beyblade world for years and he even beats a Requiem project enhanced Shu who is said to be more powerful than Free and Lui.

In season 3 Aiga beats Lui and Valt (twice) and effectively surpasses Free and Shu by beating Phi. He also beats Kitt, who happens to be the European champion and he even beats the z4. Quite literally everyone in this season has been blading for longer than Aiga, it's even more ridiculous than it is in s5.

Season 4 is not as bad since Drum has been blading for a while and has been training under Valt in BC Sol (plus the people he fights are evidently pretty new as well, so I will give it a pass).

Agreed, but I think it's more highlighted in Sparking because almost all of the cast are Legends and said Legends are almost equal (with the likely exception of Valt and possibly even Shu). This makes it easier to see whose feats were better than others and who didn't do well compared to everyone else (Free being a prime example of this), and that's why it looks like they were 'done dirty'.
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:30 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:10 PM)Zeutron Wrote: People are always talking about legends getting done dirty but truth be told, rookies are always beating opponents who should be leagues above them, they just hate it now because they have become particularly fond of certain characters.

Agreed, but I think it's more highlighted in Sparking because almost all of the cast are Legends and said Legends are almost equal (with the likely exception of Valt and possibly even Shu). This makes it easier to see whose feats were better than others and who didn't do well compared to everyone else (Free being a prime example of this), and that's why it looks like they were 'done dirty'.

I think the idea of Free being dirty just because his feats are not the best amongst other legends is a bit absurd. Were we just suppose to sit here and watch Silas, Rantaro, Drum and Ranjiro lose all their battles just because Free was dominating everyone in the past? They all deserved to be on the same level so as to have a fighting chance. It's a tournament setting, someone has to have the short end of the stick. Besides if were going to think about getting done dirty then we should talk about Silas who fell at the bottom of both tournaments.
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:10 PM)Zeutron Wrote: In season 3 Aiga beats Lui 

and it's remembered as literally the worst point in beyblade's history. Why would they think we want an entire season of that?
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:39 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:10 PM)Zeutron Wrote: In season 3 Aiga beats Lui 

and it's remembered as literally the worst point in beyblade's history. Why would they think we want an entire season of that?

I have no clue, just wanted to point out that the complaining seems really sudden when this has been happening since forever.

There's a difference though, it's not analogous. The Legends got tossed around by Lain like they were nothing by some rookie. They were treated like some back water bladers. He crushed them. That was my problem. I had a similar problem with Aiger in season 3; I never agreed with how they handled that in season 3. With Valt it's a different story given how hard he had to work before being able to take on Big 5 members, and that was only after an entire prior season of working to the bone and it was only after more struggle and hard work in season 2, that he was able to take down members of the Big 5. After all that training he did, it made his wins believable. It's all in how it's done. The execution is completely different between those seasons.
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:43 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

There's a difference though, it's not analogous. The Legends got tossed around by Lain like they were nothing by some rookie. They were treated like some back water bladers. That was my problem. I had a similar problem with Aiger in season 3; I never agreed with how they handled that in season 3. With Valt it's a different story given how hard he had to work before being able to take on Big 5 members, and that was only after an entire prior season of working to the bone and it was only after more struggle and hard work in season 2, that he was able to take down members of the Big 5. After all that training he did, it made his wins believable. It's all in how it's done. The execution is completely different between those seasons.

I was mainly referring to Hyuga and Hikaru, not Lane (he's even dumber though). Nonetheless Valt and Aiga were still newbies beating pros within the span of a single season which is the issue being addressed. The arguments people are making against Hyuga and Hikaru all revolve around the fact that they are beating blading legends.

I won't deny that fondness plays a huge part towards the hate (at least for me), but it does have some merit. For one, episode length. We are effectively getting half the episodes, so it feels more rushed. Another thing is how they lost.

S1: Zac would have won if not for the touch. Valt had to devise a new launch form on the spot (a very difficult thing to do), Sprint Boost, to beat Xander. He had to devise another one, this time strong enough to damage the stadium to even go up against Lui. And the match with Ben was extremely close as well.

S2: For Valt, he's already near the top in terms of potential as evidenced by his wins in S1. Yes, he surpasses Free, but Free still had the upper hand before he injured himself.
Kurt is not the strongest among the cast anyway because as Xander and Ren Wu pointed out, the competition has only gotten tougher while Kurt was busy beating up weaklings. Silas was a very powerful blader from the get go and was probably only not in the rankings because he was not in any team and didn't participate in tournaments. He also never surpassed Lui or Free in this season.

S3: This, I acknowledge has genuine problems with it's pacing (beating Lui in Ep 15, almost tying with Valt in Ep 1). However, at the same time, the 24 minute episodes make it seem somewhat longer.

S4: Nothing to say, really.

S5: Hyuga and Hikaru beat the Kiyama bros in Ep 2. Hyuga beats Silas in Ep 4. In the Tag League, the bros burst Aiger-Ranjiro and Lui-Dante. I don't remember their battle with V&R that well.

These are some points I have to say that the opponents were not disrespected at least in S1 and S2.
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:48 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2021  6:43 PM)Admiral W Wrote: There's a difference though, it's not analogous. The Legends got tossed around by Lain like they were nothing by some rookie. They were treated like some back water bladers. That was my problem. I had a similar problem with Aiger in season 3; I never agreed with how they handled that in season 3. With Valt it's a different story given how hard he had to work before being able to take on Big 5 members, and that was only after an entire prior season of working to the bone and it was only after more struggle and hard work in season 2, that he was able to take down members of the Big 5. After all that training he did, it made his wins believable. It's all in how it's done. The execution is completely different between those seasons.

I was mainly referring to Hyuga and Hikaru, not Lane (he's even dumber though). Nonetheless Valt and Aiga were still newbies beating pros within the span of a single season which is the issue being addressed. The arguments people are making against Hyuga and Hikaru all revolve around the fact that they are beating blading legends.

I didn't particularly have a problem with Hyuga and Hikaru on that score. Neither of them really defeated many Legends solo and most times they were flukes because they were swiftly defeated soon after. Most of their wins against Legends were as a team. My issue was when the wins were a result of foolish flare shenanigans. That stuff with Lain on the other hand just didn't make any sense. In addition, it's all in how it's done. Valt worked to the bone to get as good as he did, thus making his wins believable, something we didn't see with Aiger. He was just defeating people left and right which was ridiculous. It's all in how it's executed.