Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Apr. 08, 2021  8:23 PM)Instarez Wrote: Y'all just love degrading Valt lmao

There are plenty of us who love him. Best protag. Great character. He was someone I could acutally root for, someone who despite their setbacks, didn't give up, nor did he give into the opinions of those who underestimated him. Through all of it he learned so many valuable lessons and grew so much. He earned each and every win, not through plot armor or Deus Ex Machina shenanigans, but through hard training and his bond with his bey, it was through those things that he rose to the top of the blading world. Not only did he reach the top, but he earned the respect and admiration of bladers everywhere. Valt's the best and he deserves to stand above all other bladers. Which he does. Watching his journey has been a joy not only for me, but for most of the fanbase.
(Apr. 08, 2021  11:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

There are plenty of us who love him. Best protag. Great character. He was someone I could acutally root for, someone who despite their setbacks, didn't give up, nor did he give in the opinions of those who underestimated him. Through all of it he learned so many valuable lessons and grew so much. He earned each and every win, not through plot armor or Deus Ex Machina shenanigans, but through hard training and his bond with his bey, it was through those things that he rose to the top of the blading world. Not only did he reach the top, but he earned the respect and admiration of bladers everywhere. Valt's the best and he deserves to stand above all other bladers. Which he does. Watching his journey has been a joy not only for me, but for so most of the fanbase.

lol imagine lost to rantaro in the first ep.
(Apr. 08, 2021  11:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

There are plenty of us who love him. Best protag. Great character. He was someone I could acutally root for, someone who despite their setbacks, didn't give up, nor did he give in the opinions of those who underestimated him. Through all of it he learned so many valuable lessons and grew so much. He earned each and every win, not through plot armor or Deus Ex Machina shenanigans, but through hard training and his bond with his bey, it was through those things that he rose to the top of the blading world. Not only did he reach the top, but he earned the respect and admiration of bladers everywhere. Valt's the best and he deserves to stand above all other bladers. Which he does. Watching his journey has been a joy not only for me, but for so most of the fanbase.

Yessir, especially compared to some of the things Aiga did in Cho-Z, like sheeeeeesh. I can look back on it now a bit better but man did he have some road bumps.
About the legend opinion thing..
1. Valt
2. Shu
3. Free
4. Lui
5. Aiga
6. Sisco
7. Drum
8. Delta
9. Xhaka
10. Rantaro
11. Phi
12. Gwyn
13. Daina
14. Wakiya
15. Zac
I like Gingka and his growth, but if you were to give him a full character arc what would it be like?
(Apr. 09, 2021  1:19 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2021  11:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote: There are plenty of us who love him. Best protag. Great character. He was someone I could acutally root for, someone who despite their setbacks, didn't give up, nor did he give in the opinions of those who underestimated him. Through all of it he learned so many valuable lessons and grew so much. He earned each and every win, not through plot armor or Deus Ex Machina shenanigans, but through hard training and his bond with his bey, it was through those things that he rose to the top of the blading world. Not only did he reach the top, but he earned the respect and admiration of bladers everywhere. Valt's the best and he deserves to stand above all other bladers. Which he does. Watching his journey has been a joy not only for me, but for so most of the fanbase.

Yessir, especially compared to some of the things Aiga did in Cho-Z, like sheeeeeesh. I can look back on it now a bit better but man did he have some road bumps.
About the legend opinion thing..
1. Valt
2. Shu
3. Free
4. Lui
5. Aiga
6. Sisco
7. Drum
8. Delta
9. Xhaka
10. Rantaro
11. Phi
12. Gwyn
13. Daina
14. Wakiya
15. Zac

Yes indeed. I was never able to root for Aiger, he never gave me the feeling of me wanting to see him succeed. In addition, Valt's wins felt earned among other things, because of how hard he worked to get where he is, Valt worked to the bone which Aiger didn't really do.
I'll put my legend ranking to
Shu
Valt
Aiga
Free
Lui
Drum
Phi
Xander
Rantaro
Silas
Wakiya
Gywn
Diago
Zac
I agree that Valt is number one but no, the anime and manga rankings are not the same, they just use the same ranking tiers. The rankings were never mentioned so therefore, we have no evidence at the moment. It’s all really headcanon.
(Apr. 09, 2021  2:12 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I agree that Valt is number one but no, the anime and manga rankings are not the same, they just use the same ranking tiers. The rankings were never mentioned so therefore, we have no evidence at the moment. It’s all really headcanon.

I think we've had this conversation before lol. Instead of a big debate which I'm too tired for, let's head it off at the pass and agree to disagree.
(Apr. 09, 2021  2:22 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2021  2:12 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I agree that Valt is number one but no, the anime and manga rankings are not the same, they just use the same ranking tiers. The rankings were never mentioned so therefore, we have no evidence at the moment. It’s all really headcanon.

I think we've had this conversation before lol. Instead of a big debate which I'm too tired for, let's head it off at the pass and agree to disagree.

It’s not really debatable though. If it isn’t confirmed then it’s headcanon, that’s how continuity works and the manga and anime happen to be two seperate continuities. We can pass though.
(Apr. 09, 2021  4:04 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2021  2:22 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I think we've had this conversation before lol. Instead of a big debate which I'm too tired for, let's head it off at the pass and agree to disagree.

It’s not really debatable though. If it isn’t confirmed then it’s headcanon, that’s how continuity works and the manga and anime happen to be two seperate continuities. We can pass though.
I don't completely agree with that in this case, but we'll pass it.
Random Thought: Isn't it funny that the DB opening features a generic Sparking Bey with 2D when said Chassis was a part of the main antagonist's Bey just last season?
I have a theory about next things that will happen in DB

In episode 3 we get that Ranzo used Glide Ragnarok and got destroyed by Bell. Next episode he will evolve his Ragnarok to DB system. His name will be Cyclone Ragnarok and he will test his new bey on Bell and mostly win. There start my theory. Bell will be sad because he isn't the Strongest now. His problem is that he don't have too much experience, he even don't know who is Lui and other legends. He just create his own bey to dominate on others. So he is going to find a way to upgrade his bey. Sometimes he will destroy beys because he isn't strong and maybe take parts. In that way he will get revenge on Ranzo and will be again the Strongest, but after will appear Legends that will have too DB beys and Rashad will too have. He may in middle of season destroy Bell and ultimate Dynamite Belial ( with parts of Valkyrie, Spriggan, Fafnir and Longinus), giving him a lesson , that upgrade won't make . He will evolve in his final version, and will train to get stronger. That's mean that season is about " Upgrade Don't make you stronger". Remember that it's just my theory
(Apr. 09, 2021  2:26 PM)Beyblade8986 Wrote: I have a theory about next things that will happen in DB

In episode 3 we get that Ranzo used Glide Ragnarok and got destroyed by Bell. Next episode he will evolve his Ragnarok to DB system. His name will be Cyclone Ragnarok and he will test his new bey on Bell and mostly win. There start my theory. Bell will be sad because he isn't the Strongest now. His problem is that he don't have too much experience, he even don't know who is Lui and other legends. He just create his own bey to dominate on others. So he is going to find a way to upgrade his bey. Sometimes he will destroy beys because he isn't strong and maybe take parts. In that way he will get revenge on Ranzo and will be again the Strongest, but after will appear Legends that will have too DB beys and Rashad will too have. He may in middle of season destroy Bell and ultimate Dynamite Belial ( with parts of Valkyrie, Spriggan, Fafnir and Longinus), giving him a lesson , that upgrade won't make . He will evolve in his final version, and will train to get stronger. That's mean that season is about " Upgrade Don't make you stronger". Remember that it's just my theory

Well theoretically, that could work, but I don't see it happening with Ranzo of all people. Maybe somewhere mid-season where he loses to, say, Rashad or Valt.
As for beating Cyclone Ragnaruk (and that's assuming he does lose the whole battle and not just one round), he'll probably just think up a new strategy to counter it next time they battle.
who's down for a ranzo amigo group
Sparking- Harry fans group
DB- Ranzo fans group

(Apr. 09, 2021  5:45 PM)Pixi Wrote: who's down for a ranzo amigo group

Sign me up fellow Amigo.
(Apr. 09, 2021  5:45 PM)Pixi Wrote: who's down for a ranzo amigo group

I'm down! I mean, as long as all the Amigos get free ice creams of course.
Silas Karlilse: Character Arc Breakdown: A Place To Belong

[Image: tumblr_p2bdk0CeBH1tp7iqqo3_500.gifv]

So I want to discuss Silas for a little bit. He doesn't get much love and he really deserves some. He's actually one of my favorite characters from season 2.

[Image: s-Ve1k.gif]

Silas is a good example of the excellent character work Burst is capable of. Silas' career as a blader before joining BC Sol was filled with wandering. He never found a place to settle, to belong; constantly jumping from bey club to bey club, always traveling. In addtion to that, he was purely concerned with his own prestige and power. He didn't care about anyone else's interest. All of this manifested in his time at BC Sol as well. 

[Image: ca26ba1f5367e325787aea9c3efd8c70.gif]

As we see him work with BC Sol, we see him change and grow. By the time of the World League finals we see the culmination of his arc. He's no longer so self centered, he isn't consumed purely with his own progress, but he's genuinely come to appreciate and lean on the support of his team, and he wants to win not only for himself but also for his team as well. He wants to live up to the trust and faith they've placed in him. He cares about them. He's finally found a place to belong.

[Image: tumblr_p049k25mjM1u5s2mlo1_640.png]

He started as a blader who was out only for himself and his own success, but he came to really rely on and care about his team. We see even more of this during the International Bladers Cup. He tells Kris he going to make BC Sol a household name.

[Image: tumblr_p049k25mjM1u5s2mlo2_640.png]

Great character, whose growth throughout season 2 was great to watch.
(Apr. 09, 2021  7:16 PM)Admiral W Wrote: [Image: tumblr_p2bdk0CeBH1tp7iqqo3_500.gifv]

So I want to discuss Silas for a little bit. He doesn't get much love and he really deserves some. He's actually one of my favorite characters from season 2.

Silas is a good example of the excellent character work Burst is capable of. Silas' career as a blader before joining BC Sol was filled with wandering. He never found a place to settle, to belong. In addtion to that he was purly concerned with his own prestige and power. He didn't care about anyone else's interest. All of this manifested in his time at BC Sol as well. 

As we see him work with BC Sol, we see him change and grow. By the time of the World League finals we see the culmination of his arc. He's no longer so self centered, he isn't consumed purely with his own progress, but he's genuinely come to appreciate and lean on the support of his team and he wants to win not only for himself but also for his team be. He wants to live up to the trust and faith they've placed in him. He cares about them.

He started as a blader who was out only for himself and his own success, but he came to really rely on and cafe about his team. We see even more of this during the International Bladers Cup. He tells Kris he going to make BC Sol a household name.

As Hiro Morita says : " He must be protagonist of Beyblade Burst God"
(Apr. 09, 2021  7:16 PM)Admiral W Wrote: [Image: tumblr_p2bdk0CeBH1tp7iqqo3_500.gifv]

Silas is a good example of the excellent character work Burst is capable of. Silas' career as a blader before joining BC Sol was filled with wandering. He never found a place to settle, to belong. In addtion to that he was purly concerned with his own prestige and power. He didn't care about anyone else's interest. All of this manifested in his time at BC Sol as well. 

As we see him work with BC Sol, we see him change and grow. By the time of the World League finals we see the culmination of his arc. He's no longer so self centered, he isn't consumed purely with his own progress, but he's genuinely come to appreciate and lean on the support of his team and he wants to win not only for himself but also for his team be. He wants to live up to the trust and faith they've placed in him. He cares about them.

He started as a blader who was out only for himself and his own success, but he came to really rely on and cafe about his team. We see even more of this during the International Bladers Cup. He tells Kris he going to make BC Sol a household name.

Actually he gets the love he deserves if you ask me. Silas has always been someone who few dislike and many like (granted he isn’t most people’s favorite, but he is far from under loved)
(Apr. 09, 2021  8:09 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2021  7:16 PM)Admiral W Wrote: [Image: tumblr_p2bdk0CeBH1tp7iqqo3_500.gifv]

Actually he gets the love he deserves if you ask me. Silas has always been someone who few dislike and many like (granted he isn’t most people’s favorite, but he is far from under loved)

I'm certainly not going to get into a debate over wether the character is underloved or not. He's hardly talked about which is unfortunate. I like the character, so I made the post.

Silas is a good example of the excellent character work Burst is capable of. Silas' career as a blader before joining BC Sol was filled with wandering. He never found a place to settle, to belong. In addtion to that he was purely concerned with his own prestige and power. He didn't care about anyone else's interest. All of this manifested in his time at BC Sol as well. 

As we see him work with BC Sol, we see him change and grow. By the time of the World League finals we see the culmination of his arc. He's no longer so self centered, he isn't consumed purely with his own progress, but he's genuinely come to appreciate and lean on the support of his team, and he wants to win not only for himself but also for his team as well. He wants to live up to the trust and faith they've placed in him. He cares about them. He's finally found a place to belong.

If I could like this comment twice, I would. I completely agree and I love the explanation as well. Silas is a character with actual personality and an actual journey, something you don’t see from many characters outside of the main protagonist role in the beyblade anime. He’s also really enjoyable to watch as well, his interactions with other characters alongside the life lessons his character arcs provide are nearly unrivalled. He was travelling around the world searching for a sense of belonging and purpose and he ended up discovering the greatest gift of all, his friends and family at Bc Sol.

I would even go as far as to say that (this may be an unpopular opinion) in some ways, he’s a lot better than certain fan favourites like Free, Rantaro, Aiga.
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:10 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

Silas is a good example of the excellent character work Burst is capable of. Silas' career as a blader before joining BC Sol was filled with wandering. He never found a place to settle, to belong. In addtion to that he was purely concerned with his own prestige and power. He didn't care about anyone else's interest. All of this manifested in his time at BC Sol as well. 

If I could like this comment twice, I would. I completely agree and I love the explanation as well. Silas is a character with actual personality and an actual journey, something you don’t see from many characters outside of the main protagonist role in the beyblade anime. He’s also really enjoyable to watch as well, his interactions with other characters alongside the life lessons his character arcs provide are nearly unrivalled. He was travelling around the world searching for a sense of belonging and purpose and he ended up discovering the greatest gift of all, his friends and family at Bc Sol.

I would even go as far as to say that (this may be an unpopular opinion) in some ways, he’s a lot better than certain fan favourites like Free, Rantaro, Aiga.

We're on the same page. It's criminal that he isn't really talked about. Honestly this kind of character work is unrivaled in the Beyblade Franchise (I haven't seen OG so I can't speak to it) I'm sure some may disagree but I think it's true. Those first two seasons of Burst really took the time to take their characters on journey's both within and out. Silas is just one example among many of how they really took their characters on arcs, not just learning more about who these characters are, but giving them meanigful, believable change over the course of the story.
I can agree that I think that Silas had had development over evolution. He was the type of character I didn't like much at first but his progression over evolution was a good impression for me and for that I like him as a character.
Random question: has anyone else here watched a local dub of Beyblade before? If so, what are some weird differences between your version and the original?