Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Feb. 21, 2021  12:34 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yeah the outcome could've gone either way but Valt was favored cause he popular.

but isnt shu popular to?
(Feb. 21, 2021  12:34 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yeah the outcome could've gone either way but Valt was favored cause he popular.

But doesn’t that contradict that the new system evolution poll was rigged to make Valkyrie win?
(Feb. 21, 2021  1:39 AM)Pixi Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  12:34 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Yeah the outcome could've gone either way but Valt was favored cause he popular.

but isnt shu popular to?

Most popular character as a matter of fact. Yet he still lost.
To fit the narrative they chose Valt so he was favoured
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:30 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: To fit the narrative they chose Valt so he was favoured

So your saying Valt won because he's a favorite character?
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:41 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:30 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: To fit the narrative they chose Valt so he was favoured

So your saying Valt won because he's a favorite character?

Because it moves the story forward.
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:46 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:41 AM)Admiral W Wrote: So your saying Valt won because he's a favorite character?

Because it moves the story forward.

But that doesn't really track because the story would move forward even with Valt taking an L. V&R would have been eliminated and the bros would take on Lean since both teams already had the necessary points. V&R would have been eliminated with 2 points and H&H would have moved forward with 3 points to face L&S who already had secured their place in the finals.
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:48 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:46 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Because it moves the story forward.

But that doesn't really track because the story would move forward even with Valt taking an L. V&R would have been eliminated and the bros would take on Lean since both teams already had the necessary points. V&R would have been eliminated with 2 points and H&H would have moved forward with 3 points to face L&S who already had secured their place in the finals.

one word: fanservice
Crazy how people think Aiga is good in sparking. Dude is straight up mediocre at best when compared to other characters.
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:51 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Crazy how people think Aiga is good in sparking. Dude is straight up mediocre at best when compared to other characters.

this comment will probably start an arguement
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:52 AM)Pixi Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:51 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Crazy how people think Aiga is good in sparking. Dude is straight up mediocre at best when compared to other characters.

I agree with Zuetron. Compare Shu and Aiga. Compare Shu and Aiga.
Compare Valt and Aiga
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:52 AM)Pixi Wrote:

I’m legitimately not trying to start one so hopefully people don’t take it that way. It’s honestly just what’s factually true.
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:53 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:52 AM)Pixi Wrote: this comment will probably start an arguement

I’m legitimately not trying to start one so hopefully people don’t take it that way. It’s honestly just what’s factually true.

I wish Lui was stronger than Free now in Surge
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:51 AM)Pixi Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:48 AM)Admiral W Wrote: But that doesn't really track because the story would move forward even with Valt taking an L. V&R would have been eliminated and the bros would take on Lean since both teams already had the necessary points. V&R would have been eliminated with 2 points and H&H would have moved forward with 3 points to face L&S who already had secured their place in the finals.

one word: fanservice

Even then, Shu is the most popular Burst character, if the battle was meant to cater to the favorite, then Shu would have taken the W. On a related note, Free is one of the most popular Burst characters, usually ranking right below Shu, If the battles were catering to favorites, he would have done much better in the tournament, but his team is literally the only one that didn't score two points. They threw that boy under the bus.
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:54 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:51 AM)Pixi Wrote: one word: fanservice

Even then, Shu is the most popular Burst character, if the battle was meant to cater to the favorite, then Shu would have take the W. On a related note, Free is one of the most popular Burst characters, usually ranking right below Shu, If the battles were catering to favorites, he would have done much better in the tournament, but his team is literally the only one that didn't score two points. They threw that boy under the bus.

Shu is the most overrated character in burst

I personally think that if the 6th season isn't good, Beyblade will overall suffer a huge breakdown
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:54 AM)Admiral W Wrote:

Even then, Shu is the most popular Burst character, if the battle was meant to cater to the favorite, then Shu would have take the W. On a related note, Free is one of the most popular Burst characters, usually ranking right below Shu, If the battles were catering to favorites, he would have done much better in the tournament, but his team is literally the only one that didn't score two points. They threw that boy under the bus.

Yeah I agree, this tournament wasn’t all so much fan service. It was mostly equal grounding/opportunity. That being said, Valt beating Shu totally counts in my eyes
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:56 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:54 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Even then, Shu is the most popular Burst character, if the battle was meant to cater to the favorite, then Shu would have take the W. On a related note, Free is one of the most popular Burst characters, usually ranking right below Shu, If the battles were catering to favorites, he would have done much better in the tournament, but his team is literally the only one that didn't score two points. They threw that boy under the bus.

Yeah I agree, this tournament wasn’t all so much fan service. It was mostly equal grounding/opportunity. That being said, Valt beating Shu totally counts in my eyes
I completely agree with you. It was a legitimate win, if that's what you meant lol.
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:54 AM)Admiral W Wrote:

Even then, Shu is the most popular Burst character, if the battle was meant to cater to the favorite, then Shu would have taken the W. On a related note, Free is one of the most popular Burst characters, usually ranking right below Shu, If the battles were catering to favorites, he would have done much better in the tournament, but his team is literally the only one that didn't score two points. They threw that boy under the bus.

but hey I ain't complaining about episode 48. it was pretty good tbh. I was just saying that the episode was kinda fanservice.

Care to explain?
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:56 AM)Pixi Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:54 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Even then, Shu is the most popular Burst character, if the battle was meant to cater to the favorite, then Shu would have taken the W. On a related note, Free is one of the most popular Burst characters, usually ranking right below Shu, If the battles were catering to favorites, he would have done much better in the tournament, but his team is literally the only one that didn't score two points. They threw that boy under the bus.

but hey I ain't complaining about episode 48. it was pretty good tbh. I was just saying that the episode was kinda fanservice.

It did call back to their battle in Evolution, with the white background and all. That's the only part of it that I would describe as fanservice. That's the kind of fanservice that's actually good, doesn't interfere with the story or break logic. The results of the battle were completely legitimate to me. Made perfect sense.
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:57 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

Care to explain?

Sure, for starters he only beat the bros (well one of them, don’t remember which) by a simple knockout which is pretty underhwelming. Yes he had his victories in the festival but those are his only completely credible actions and even then, he only beat Lane by attacking him when he was severealy weakened by the clash Hyuga and Hikaru made. In the festival Ranjiro seems to be the more active member of the group and is the one who is mostly responsible for their wins. Yes Aiga did burst Rantaro and knockout Valt but that was his role in the double move.

(Feb. 21, 2021  2:54 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:53 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I’m legitimately not trying to start one so hopefully people don’t take it that way. It’s honestly just what’s factually true.

I wish Lui was stronger than Free now in Surge

Honestly I would say that Lui is better based on performance but that’s just me.
Where would you guys rank that last sparking battles in your Burst battles tier list? It's second for me, right under Valt and Shu's battle in the international bladers cup finals. Crazy how both of those battles are huge Valt and Shu throwdowns lol.
(Feb. 21, 2021  3:00 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2021  2:57 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Care to explain?

Sure, for starters he only beat the bros (well one of them, don’t remember which) by a simple knockout which is pretty underhwelming. Yes he had his victories in the festival but those are his only completely credible actions and even then, he only beat Lane by attacking him when he was severealy weakened by the clash Hyuga and Hikaru made. In the festival Ranjiro seems to be the more active member of the group and is the one who is mostly responsible for their wins. Yes Aiga did burst Rantaro and knockout Valt but that was his role in the double move.

To be fair the battle against Hikaru was really really fast. As for the part where he seemed to be less active than Ranjiro, they wouldn’t be able to win without Aiga. Ranjiro was more of an enabler for Aiga to win (kind of like how when you play a game you switch out characters to do a combo). If we look in the battle against the limit break twins both Aiga and Ranjiro contributed equally. I would say that Aiga contributed to the team just as much because Ranjiro is more of the enabler whereas Aiga is the strike.