Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Take that Hiro Morita there was another Hiro before you lol
(Jan. 25, 2021  3:37 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Season 1 of Burst is like, bottom of the barrel generic. They don't have to make a masterpiece but school kids going to tournaments has been done so many times and is the most generic you can get.

It wasn’t so generic as it was boring. They were trying to be novel but ended up messing it up.
(Jan. 25, 2021  3:37 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Season 1 of Burst is like, bottom of the barrel generic. They don't have to make a masterpiece but school kids going to tournaments has been done so many times and is the most generic you can get.

How many stories of space exploration have been done? Thousands. What makes Star Trek iconic and one of the most successful franchises in media history, is how it executed that idea. How many murder mysteries have been done? Thousands upon thousands. What makes Death on the Nile and Sherlock Holmes so iconic is how they were executed. It's not so much the idea or premise that makes something good, it what's done with it.
The only good thing I liked of Season 1 of Burst was the battles against Lui probally but the rest was kinda meh
(Jan. 25, 2021  3:41 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  3:37 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Season 1 of Burst is like, bottom of the barrel generic. They don't have to make a masterpiece but school kids going to tournaments has been done so many times and is the most generic you can get.

How many stories of space exploration have been done? Thousands. What makes Star Trek iconic and one of the most successful franchises in media history, is how it executed that idea. How many murder mysteries have been done? Thousands upon thousands. What makes Death on the Nile and Sherlock Holmes so iconic is how they were executed. It's not so much the idea or premise that makes something good, it what's done with it.

But nothing special was done with Burst. The ENTIRE plot was just 3 tournaments lol.
Regional Tournament
Team Tournament
Individual Tournament
Did I get it right?
(Jan. 25, 2021  3:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  3:41 AM)Admiral W Wrote: How many stories of space exploration have been done? Thousands. What makes Star Trek iconic and one of the most successful franchises in media history, is how it executed that idea. How many murder mysteries have been done? Thousands upon thousands. What makes Death on the Nile and Sherlock Holmes so iconic is how they were executed. It's not so much the idea or premise that makes something good, it what's done with it.

But nothing special was done with Burst. The ENTIRE plot was just 3 tournaments lol.

That's the thing I think your perhaps overlooking. It took the elements that were at the basis of it's premise and executed those ideas very well. It's not really about bold new ideas, it about taking what's before you and doing good work with it. We got well plotted story, well developed characters with definite arcs, a good mix of humour, drama, tension and fun. Some of the best stories are the simplest.
My thoughts on season 1. There was no plot to it and it made it really boring as a result. It almost felt like I was rushing through the episodes just to finish it.
I highly disagree with that. It was a simple but well executed plot with clear beginning, middle, and end, and It took time to develop and grow their characters over the course of said plot.
Season 1 might be generic but it was executed very well like how daina and wakiya story was expended and executed more better than the manga.

Seasons like GT, ChoZ and sparking have great concept but the execution of that season is very weak imo, ChoZ while might have the best main character development but some arcs/character from it was very unneeded and useless like they drop off Fubuki Xhan ect...
(Jan. 25, 2021  3:59 AM) Wrote: I highly disagree with that. It was a simple but well executed plot with clear beginning, middle, and end and It took time to develop and grow their characters over the course of said plot.

Ah yes, the well executed plot of children playing with really strong Beyblade tops. Definitely something to watch.
Dang the best moment is when Honcho and Goldilocks fight lol
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:01 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: [quote pid='1722803' dateline='1611543541']
I highly disagree with that. It was a simple but well executed plot with clear beginning, middle, and end and It took time to develop and grow their characters over the course of said plot.

Ah yes, the well executed plot of children playing with really strong Beyblade tops. Definitely something to watch.
[/quote]

The exaggerated swagger of a 10 year old with a spinning top that has a spirit.
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:01 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: [quote pid='1722803' dateline='1611543541']
I highly disagree with that. It was a simple but well executed plot with clear beginning, middle, and end and It took time to develop and grow their characters over the course of said plot.

[/quote]

If that's not your cup of tea, then that's certainly your preference, but that doesn't nullify that it was well plotted and it's characters well developed. Each arc flowed seamlessly into the next. It was neither jarring nor hard to follow and all of it was necessary to build upon the next. All the main and side characters were well developed and grew through definite arcs. The same can't be said of Turbo or Rise.
Some arcs are terrible yet they have very good animated battles
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:08 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: Some arcs are terrible yet they have very good animated battles

Which arcs in particular and what made them terrible?
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:10 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:08 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: Some arcs are terrible yet they have very good animated battles

Which arcs in particular and what made them terrible?

The ones in Turbo and Rise but Im to dumb to even remember any
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:10 AM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:10 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Which arcs in particular and what made them terrible?

The ones in Turbo and Rise but Im to dumb to even remember any

Then how can you remember what made them terrible lol

Honestly, I’m going to agree with Needforspeed and Admiral W here. S1 may have been generic and it may have not had the most action but realistically, it was far better than s3. Better storylines, emotional moments, better filler moments, more entertaining background/recurring characters and a somewhat unpredictable storyline made it something worth remembering. I would also say that it’s far more organized than cho z. Burst starts off at the ground level with school battles and district tournaments then works it’s way to the concept of teamwork and the team tournament and finally moves to the “final frontier” with the individual tournament and the all intensity final battles.
You know what forget it I cant remember a single thing in burst.
Good thing I still am stuck with G-Revolution.
Also, if we’re being completely honest, cho z has pretty much produced some of the worst most hated arcs in the entirety of the burst anime. The dead grand arc was utterly pointless and the battleship cruise arc was bad as well. When you take into consideration the predictability of most of the battles in the season then it all just goes downhill.
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:13 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

Honestly, I’m going to agree with Needforspeed and Admiral W here. S1 may have been generic and it may have not had the most action but realistically, it was far better than s3. Better storylines, emotional moments, better filler moments, more entertaining background/recurring characters and a somewhat unpredictable storyline made it something worth remembering. I would also say that it’s far more organized than cho z. Burst starts off at the ground level with school battles and district tournaments then works it’s way to the concept of teamwork and the team tournament and finally moves to the “final frontier” with the individual tournament and the all intensity final battles.

The way it executed the promise of the premise was fantastic. A flashy presentation and a bomabastic idea doesn't automatically a good story make. Through its simple premise Burst told a very engaging and heartwarming story. Characters we could really root for and empathize with, a plot we could latch onto, and an atmosphere to enjoy being in. It was so well done. It certainly deserves the praise it gets.
One of my favorite villain teams which consists of:
Kai with Dranzer
Tala with Wolborg (Not that Eclipse Force should know of lol)
Bryan with Seaborg
Spencer with Falborg
[Image: 114449844.jpg]
(Jan. 25, 2021  4:19 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Also, if we’re being completely cho z pretty much has some of the worst most hated arcs in the entirety of the burst anime. The dead grand arc was utterly pointless and the battleship cruise arc was bad as well. When you take into consideration the predictability of most of the battles in the season then it all just goes downhill.

I don't have often use this term, but Turbo was a dumpster fire. A disorganized mess.