Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jan. 15, 2021  1:45 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:38 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Honestly Gwyn made for a more interesting antagonist. He wasn’t interested in anything other than proving math was superior which was far more interesting than the generic world domination type that is Arthur.

It's all in how it's executed. I actually never found Gwyn particularly compelling. Truthfully, it was Gwyn's introduction that made any meaningful work that could have been done with Arthur cut off at the knees. Why did he want to replace the blading league with a new order? What was the rationale? What questions could this have raised as to what blading is actually about? What effect could all of this have had on the wider blading world? All of these are interesting questions that could have been explored In depth if Gwyn wasn't introduced. Because he was, the potential for a truly compelling final arc was unfortunately wasted.

Arthur’s motives are way too repetitive. Time and time again we’ve seen Arthur (the generic antagonist who just wants to rule over the world), this personality type is just boring after some time. There’s just nothing to be done with Arthur as he is just too arrogant to change and there wasn’t a lot of time to just flesh out his character in 8 minute episodes to flesh out and solidify his character (heck even Gwyn didn’t change all that much).
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:53 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:45 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It's all in how it's executed. I actually never found Gwyn particularly compelling. Truthfully, it was Gwyn's introduction that made any meaningful work that could have been done with Arthur cut off at the knees. Why did he want to replace the blading league with a new order? What was the rationale? What questions could this have raised as to what blading is actually about? What effect could all of this have had on the wider blading world? All of these are interesting questions that could have been explored In depth if Gwyn wasn't introduced. Because he was, the potential for a truly compelling final arc was unfortunately wasted.

I'ma have to disagree. I like how they went deep into Gwyn's mental state and I've said it before but this scene is excellent. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

It was too a degree interesting but I don't think the trade off for what we could have gotten was worth it imo.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:58 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:53 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I'ma have to disagree. I like how they went deep into Gwyn's mental state and I've said it before but this scene is excellent. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

It was too a degree interesting but I don't think the trade off for what we could have gotten was worth it imo.

Compared to what we got or could get with Arthur, it was pretty good. Given the short time as well, I think Gwyn's development was good.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:57 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:45 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It's all in how it's executed. I actually never found Gwyn particularly compelling. Truthfully, it was Gwyn's introduction that made any meaningful work that could have been done with Arthur cut off at the knees. Why did he want to replace the blading league with a new order? What was the rationale? What questions could this have raised as to what blading is actually about? What effect could all of this have had on the wider blading world? All of these are interesting questions that could have been explored In depth if Gwyn wasn't introduced. Because he was, the potential for a truly compelling final arc was unfortunately wasted.

Arthur’s motives are way too repetitive. Time and time again we’ve seen Arthur (the generic antagonist who just wants to rule over the world), this personality type is just boring after some time. There’s just nothing to be done with Arthur as he is just too arrogant to change and there wasn’t a lot of time to just flesh out his character in 8 minute episodes to flesh out and solidify his character (heck even Gwyn didn’t change all that much).

You have a point, he may be a generic archetype but I still prefer him over those characters with dumb backstories. Look at Gwynn, he was perfect in every way and was probably the best and most creative beyblade take on a “villain.” Then we get the backstory that Gwynn always preferred math over relationships. What exactly is so bad about this? It makes us feel sympathetic for Gwynn. Don’t get me wrong, sympathetic villains aren’t bad but when it becomes a constant it ruins the theme established by the villain.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:57 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

There are so many possibilities with Arthur when you think about it. Once again it's all in how it's executed. The depth that's taken with it. We could have had a truly epic final arc. Imagine half of the world's bladers rising up to Arthur's side, imagine the paradigm shift that would have caused in the blading world. In addition they could have gotten into the roots as to the why. Drum would have truly been the Wbba's savior by bringing the blading world back from the brink of that. So much potential.
Arthur was pretty generic. Just essentially the Beyblade version of dominating the world. But they never showed us his motives or anything so he's just extremely shallow. I liked when he tried to grasp onto what he had left and desperately tried to win by getting a better part but overall the character isn't too special.

Now we have Gwyn, who has a backstory so that's automatically one step up from Arthur. He never saw how friends had any value cause he just had his math and was so absorbed in it. It's the laws of nature, you know math you know everything. So when Gwyn found Dante he found him perplexing because he doesn't know why he enjoys having friends so much, cause compared to math they're nothing. So he created his bey to try and find the answer. However what's more is that Dante was able to crack through his equations simply by having passion and spirit. How is this possible? Equations are the basis for the universe right? Everything can be explained by equations right? See this is where Gwyn is wrong: Equations can't explain things like friendship, so since he was so absorbed in equations he never learned about it.

His equations are being cracked and torn apart, and that's all Gwyn had, equations, so he had mental breakdowns during battles. He just couldn't fathom how something not even glanced up by equations which make up the basis of everything could beat said equations. However in the final battles with the power of combined resonance he learned something equations could not teach him: the value on friends and how far teamwork can take you.

I made like, a paragraph and a half out of Gwyn. You could say I'm being nitpicky with Arthur but what's left to say? He lost a lot. Didn't like it so he got better parts. No like that had any impact on the story cause he still lost. That's all he did lol. That's genuinely it.
Gwyn= Good
Arthur=Loser, Sucker, Boring, Bad!
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:02 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:57 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Arthur’s motives are way too repetitive. Time and time again we’ve seen Arthur (the generic antagonist who just wants to rule over the world), this personality type is just boring after some time. There’s just nothing to be done with Arthur as he is just too arrogant to change and there wasn’t a lot of time to just flesh out his character in 8 minute episodes to flesh out and solidify his character (heck even Gwyn didn’t change all that much).

There are so many possibilities with Arthur when you think about it. Once again it's all in how it's executed. The depth that's taken with it. We could have had a truly epic final arc. Imagine half of the world's bladers rising up to Arthur's side, imagine the paradigm shift that would have caused in the blading world. In addition they could have gotten into the roots as to the why. Drum would have truly been the Wbba's savior by bringing the blading world back from the brink of that. So much potential.

Basically leading Beyblade into Naruto. What you’ve described there is a shounen anime in which the protagonist takes down the antagonist. Not to mention that’s a literal summary of Zero-g.
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:05 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:02 AM)Admiral W Wrote: There are so many possibilities with Arthur when you think about it. Once again it's all in how it's executed. The depth that's taken with it. We could have had a truly epic final arc. Imagine half of the world's bladers rising up to Arthur's side, imagine the paradigm shift that would have caused in the blading world. In addition they could have gotten into the roots as to the why. Drum would have truly been the Wbba's savior by bringing the blading world back from the brink of that. So much potential.

Basically leading Beyblade into Naruto. What you’ve described there is a shounen anime in which the protagonist takes down the antagonist. Not to mention that’s a literal summary of Zero-g.

We all know how Shogun Steel went. Shallow, predictable, and boring.
Gwyn is seeing if you think he is good or bad
[Image: 7517fa25b798606d8628cb511a731d56a26dd8d2.gifv]
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:05 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:02 AM)Admiral W Wrote: There are so many possibilities with Arthur when you think about it. Once again it's all in how it's executed. The depth that's taken with it. We could have had a truly epic final arc. Imagine half of the world's bladers rising up to Arthur's side, imagine the paradigm shift that would have caused in the blading world. In addition they could have gotten into the roots as to the why. Drum would have truly been the Wbba's savior by bringing the blading world back from the brink of that. So much potential.

They already had introduced this idea with the introduction of Arthur, this is taking what was given and acutally deepening it.
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:07 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: Elsa is seeing if you think he is good or bad

There fixed it for you

(Jan. 15, 2021  2:09 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:05 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Basically leading Beyblade into Naruto. What you’ve described there is a shounen anime in which the protagonist takes down the antagonist. Not to mention that’s a literal summary of Zero-g.

They already had introduced this idea with the introduction of Arthur, this is taking what was given and acutally deepening it.

Remember zero-g? That’s basically what you’ve described.
You can only get so deep with a generic take over the world character. "I kept losing so I thought the beyblade world was rigged so I decided to make a new one."

Also Gwyn's bey and special moves are way more interesting than Arthur's.
[Image: 15770d30966712086a7e52bf62462985.jpg]

Also I liked the part when Gwyn just completely gives up on all hope and just lets is bey take the wheel cause that's suppose to help him find his answer right?
[Image: EUJLWzYWAAIVs1R?format=jpg&name=large]
Ray and Driger put up a good fight against Crusher and Gigars even when they lost.
[Image: xX2rSv.gif]
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:09 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:07 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: Elsa is seeing if you think he is good or bad

There fixed it for you

(Jan. 15, 2021  2:09 AM)Admiral W Wrote: They already had introduced this idea with the introduction of Arthur, this is taking what was given and acutally deepening it.

I remember Zero G. It's all in how you handle the concept. The concept isn't inherently bad. It's all about what you do with it.
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:53 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:09 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: There fixed it for you

I remember Zero G. It's all in how you handle the concept. The concept isn't inherently bad. It's all about what you do with it.

There’s no way to do it originally.
gwyn needs sleep. he looks tired
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:54 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:53 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I remember Zero G. It's all in how you handle the concept. The concept isn't inherently bad. It's all about what you do with it.

There’s no way to do it originally.

It's a common conceit that everything has been as far as writing is concerned. What sets one piece apart from another it's how the writers makes their mark on it. So to say there's no way to make it different isn't actually true. There are multiple directions that could be taken in. So I don't subscribe to that idea.
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:54 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: There’s no way to do it originally.

It's a common conceit that everything has been as far as writing is concerned. What sets one piece apart from another it's how the writers makes their mark on it. So to say there's no way to make it different isn't actually true. There are multiple directions that could be taken in. So I don't subscribe to that idea.

Not really. Any such plot has already been done too many times hence why this kind of plots remain rather unpopular. There’s not too much originality in Arthur which leads to a bland non-action packed show.
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:54 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: There’s no way to do it originally.

Describe a compelling  story that could include Arthur.
(Jan. 15, 2021  3:01 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It's a common conceit that everything has been as far as writing is concerned. What sets one piece apart from another it's how the writers makes their mark on it. So to say there's no way to make it different isn't actually true. There are multiple directions that could be taken in. So I don't subscribe to that idea.

Not really. Any such plot has already been done too many times hence why this kind of plots remain rather unpopular. There’s not too much originality in Arthur which leads to a bland non-action packed show.

Every plot has been done over and over. Everything has been done.
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:26 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: Ray and Driger put up a good fight against Crusher and Gigars even when they lost.

I'm still salty that he lost that match I like crusher but still...
(Jan. 15, 2021  3:16 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  2:26 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: Ray and Driger put up a good fight against Crusher and Gigars even when they lost.

I'm still salty that he lost that match I like crusher but still...

I forgot but didn't Gigars get destroyed after that match?
(Jan. 15, 2021  3:16 AM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  3:16 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: I'm still salty that he lost that match I like crusher but still...

I forgot but didn't Gigars get destroyed after that match?
If my memories is correct I think he did get destroyed after that match