Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

We need to ban Kenny from appearing in Beyblade ever again
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoIsAF6svIG1U9Lxx71VE...w&usqp=CAU]
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:03 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: We need to ban Kenny from appearing in Beyblade ever again

What did they change it to in the dub LMAO.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:03 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: We need to ban Kenny from appearing in Beyblade ever again

Where’s 4Kids at?
(Jan. 15, 2021  12:56 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Imo phi is a true villain.

Felt like a joke to me tbh. He caused unnecessary destruction which was decent at first and then we got the origin story... oh boy. So it turns out he’s “evil” because he didn’t get the bey he wanted as a child. IMO Arthur is the closest thing we’ve gotten to a true villain.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:11 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

Felt like a joke to me tbh. He caused unnecessary destruction which was decent at first and then we got the origin story... oh boy. So it turns out he’s “evil” because he didn’t get the bey he wanted as a child. IMO Arthur is the closest thing we’ve gotten to a true villain.

I’m sure he didn’t turn evil just because he didn’t get the bey he first wanted.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:11 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

In full agreement. I wanted so bad for them to take Arthur even further. Had they taken time to flesh that out, that could have been truly excellent.
Well he always wanted to get his way, and yeh I dont think he turned evil beacause of not having hades.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:18 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:11 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Felt like a joke to me tbh. He caused unnecessary destruction which was decent at first and then we got the origin story... oh boy. So it turns out he’s “evil” because he didn’t get the bey he wanted as a child. IMO Arthur is the closest thing we’ve gotten to a true villain.

In full agreement. I wanted so bad for them to take Arthur even further. Had they taken time to flesh that out, that could have been truly excellent.

Arthur first struck me as someone like Garou who was trying to take down the best, however they made Arthur way too 1-d and rigid after the Aiga arc, not to mention Gwyn seemed like a way more interesting antagonist and there’s only so much to be done in 20 something 8 minute episodes (8 minutes disincluding opening song and ending credits). In other words he was written in a way that prevents him from developing.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:25 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:18 AM)Admiral W Wrote: In full agreement. I wanted so bad for them to take Arthur even further. Had they taken time to flesh that out, that could have been truly excellent.

Arthur first struck me as someone like Garou who was trying to take down the best, however they made Arthur way too 1-d and rigid after the Aiga arc, not to mention Gwyn seemed like a way more interesting antagonist and there’s only so much to be done in 20 something 8 minute episodes (8 minutes disincluding opening song and ending credits). In other words he was written in a way that prevents him from developing.

That's not acutally what he wanted. He wanted to replace the current blading league with one focused on the strong. There are multiple ways that could be explored and fleshed out.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:31 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:25 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Arthur first struck me as someone like Garou who was trying to take down the best, however they made Arthur way too 1-d and rigid after the Aiga arc, not to mention Gwyn seemed like a way more interesting antagonist and there’s only so much to be done in 20 something 8 minute episodes (8 minutes disincluding opening song and ending credits). In other words he was written in a way that prevents him from developing.

That's not acutally what he wanted. He wanted to replace the current blading league with one focused on the strong. There are multiple ways that could be explored and fleshed out.

Honestly Gwyn made for a more interesting antagonist. He wasn’t interested in anything other than proving math was superior which was far more interesting than the generic world domination type that is Arthur.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:38 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:31 AM)Admiral W Wrote: That's not acutally what he wanted. He wanted to replace the current blading league with one focused on the strong. There are multiple ways that could be explored and fleshed out.

Honestly Gwyn made for a more interesting antagonist. He wasn’t interested in anything other than proving math was superior which was far more interesting than the generic world domination type that is Arthur.

It's all in how it's executed. I actually never found Gwyn particularly compelling. Truthfully, it was Gwyn's introduction that made any meaningful work that could have been done with Arthur cut off at the knees. Why did he want to replace the blading league with a new order? What was the rationale? What questions could this have raised as to what blading is actually about? What effect could all of this have had on the wider blading world? All of these are interesting questions that could have been explored In depth if Gwyn wasn't introduced. Because he was, the potential for a truly compelling final arc was unfortunately wasted.
(Jan. 12, 2021  11:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote: "From high atop the Blading world reign the Blading Legends, a select group of Bladers who set the standard to which all other hopefuls aspire. No challenger yet has succeeded in breaking through their ranks. A legend among legends, Valt Aoi hosts an exhibition match featuring a revolutionary class of Bey: “Lightning Beys”. Inspired by the battle, two unknown brothers, Hyuga and Hikaru Hizashi, issue a challenge: armed with their own Lightning Beys Hyperion and Helios, this unlikely duo is going to topple Beyblades ruling elite. Has the Hizashi brothers’ challenge envelops the world’s Blading legends, a new tournament is born to determine who among them is truly the best. In the middle of this mayhem, there lurks a unique Blader shrouded in mystery. Will Hikaru and Hyuga be the spark that ignites a Blading revolution? With their solar Beys in hand, the brothers are ready to begin their own legend of growth and adventure."

Official summary for Surge.

can you show me where you got this?
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:48 AM)Apollo17 Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2021  11:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote: "From high atop the Blading world reign the Blading Legends, a select group of Bladers who set the standard to which all other hopefuls aspire. No challenger yet has succeeded in breaking through their ranks. A legend among legends, Valt Aoi hosts an exhibition match featuring a revolutionary class of Bey: “Lightning Beys”. Inspired by the battle, two unknown brothers, Hyuga and Hikaru Hizashi, issue a challenge: armed with their own Lightning Beys Hyperion and Helios, this unlikely duo is going to topple Beyblades ruling elite. Has the Hizashi brothers’ challenge envelops the world’s Blading legends, a new tournament is born to determine who among them is truly the best. In the middle of this mayhem, there lurks a unique Blader shrouded in mystery. Will Hikaru and Hyuga be the spark that ignites a Blading revolution? With their solar Beys in hand, the brothers are ready to begin their own legend of growth and adventure."

Official summary for Surge.

can you show me where you got this?

https://usa.beyblade.com/about/
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:49 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:48 AM)Apollo17 Wrote: can you show me where you got this?

https://usa.beyblade.com/about/

Nice. Thanks
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:50 AM)Apollo17 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:49 AM)Admiral W Wrote: https://usa.beyblade.com/about/

Nice. Thanks

Anytime.
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:45 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:38 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Honestly Gwyn made for a more interesting antagonist. He wasn’t interested in anything other than proving math was superior which was far more interesting than the generic world domination type that is Arthur.

It's all in how it's executed. I actually never found Gwyn particularly compelling. Truthfully, it was Gwyn's introduction that made any meaningful work that could have been done with Arthur cut off at the knees. Why did he want to replace the blading league with a new order? What was the rationale? What questions could this have raised as to what blading is actually about? What effect could all of this have had on the wider blading world? All of these are interesting questions that could have been explored In depth if Gwyn wasn't introduced. Because he was, the potential for a truly compelling final arc was unfortunately wasted.

I'ma have to disagree. I like how they went deep into Gwyn's mental state and I've said it before but this scene is excellent. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(Jan. 15, 2021  1:18 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Well he always wanted to get his way, and yeh I dont think he turned evil beacause of not having hades.

That’s basically where the whole conflict started though. You don’t really just go from being a brat to being beyblade’s equivalent of lord of destruction so easily. IMO it seems like it was all about the bey, even after Aiga defeats him, he only decides to redeem himself after Hearts visits him and gives him that whole lecture. It was all about they bey.
Nah the best villain in burst is: Harry ok jk lol
Nah its either Phi or Gwyn